Supervalu's short-term CEO leaves wit...

Supervalu's short-term CEO leaves with $12.8M

There are 10 comments on the Star Tribune story from Jan 25, 2013, titled Supervalu's short-term CEO leaves with $12.8M. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

When the dust settles on Supervalu Inc.'s $3.3 billion deal with Cerberus Capital Management, the embattled grocer's chief executive will exit with $12.8 million for about eight months of work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Absolutely absurd! While the workers take a hold on pay raises, no 401K contribution, etc and Mr Sales gets 12.8 million for 6 months work. He had a part in driving the stock price down as a board member in the first place, hires Heckert, then fires him to save the company. It leaves a very bad tast in the employees mouths. Enjoy your money Wayne, think of us while you are spending it and we are struggling because of your mismanagement.

Lewiston, ME

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Hi Team !!!!!!
Go To Hxxx

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jan 30, 2013
All Acme employees are being f'd
Joe Smith

Barre, VT

#4 Feb 6, 2013
I hope you're happy with all your decisions. While employees stand in line in freezing cold whether to get free food. You fire employees without good cause,falsify records to cover your asses. Great job everybody. This is not only for corporate but your small stores. I'm sure you know who you are!

Boston, MA

#5 Feb 9, 2013
no executivve is worth that much and sales was worth no more than two thowsand per MONTH he is another one who rapes the ecompany
good work

Southfield, MI

#6 Feb 10, 2013
if you can get it
good work

Southfield, MI

#7 Feb 10, 2013
if you can

Burlington, MA

#8 Feb 12, 2013
this company sucks 23 years with it! past 2 owners just raped it !! ashamed to be associated with this company! We were proud under Star Market banner!
Marcus Houston

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 17, 2013
This is ridiculous! So basically this guy got paid 2 million dollars per month! Everybody under the supervalu banner should find this guy and burn his fkn house down! Then burn find his other homes and burn them down too! I remember my store director making everyone watch this film where this jackass basically apologized for running the company into the ground and how we should work harder to save it! Then walks away with 12.8 million in our hard earned money! I'm beyond furious.
Dale Bailey

Dayton, OH

#10 Jul 10, 2013
I was one of those that got slammed at Ohio Valley Division last yr 24yrs and I'm sixty yrs. old. Finding a new job in this area is almost Impossible . So close but so far away from making the 30yrs. I needed .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jane Parker Fruit Cake is again available this ... (Oct '07) Nov 27 Cassie 28
Kroger Buying Shaw's? (Apr '10) Oct '15 Frank 1,215
News Man charged in Meijer armed robbery Oct '15 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 85
News OUR Walmart Demands Chain Pay $15/Hr., While UF... (Nov '14) Sep '15 grass hopper 7
News Can Kim Davis Be Fired? What CA Employers Shoul... Sep '15 KY Constitution 1
News Oakland: Whole Foods Market security guard susp... Sep '15 Harold Castle 2
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Aug '15 Stephanie 92
More from around the web