Publix to offer 7 popular prescriptio...

Publix to offer 7 popular prescription antibiotics for free -- ...

There are 135 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Aug 6, 2007, titled Publix to offer 7 popular prescription antibiotics for free -- .... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

Seven popular antibiotics will be available for free from Publix supermarkets for people with prescriptions, the company and Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
margaritanlime

Denver, CO

#125 Aug 9, 2007
Ndugu wrote:
<quoted text>Will you buy me a Margarita? lol :)
Sure, you bring the nachos.....

“got waves???”

Since: Jul 07

right behind you

#126 Aug 9, 2007
margaritanlime wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart offers certain generic prescriptions for $4.
some people can't accept a good thing, there are many people that this will benefit. Just because Publix gives them away, doesn't mean drs will write more scripts. If the people who insist on taking antibiotics for illnesses that should just run their course would stop doing so, then there wouldn't be so many drug resistant bacteria.
I agree w/ you my lovely chilled concoction. It is the doctors responsibility to prescribe wisely,and the patients to take the entire course of a/b's.And as a publix shopper, i do appreciate this.
jlc--mamacita

Winter Garden, FL

#127 Aug 9, 2007
Dawn wrote:
...And to remind those who are not aware - there is a program for "the poor" it is called MEDICAID and it is unbelievably EASY to obtain (if indeed you are poor) and guess what - all Rx are FREE..........
I am guessing that you have never had to sign up for Medicaid. It is most definitely NOT EASY to obtain. It's easy to MANTAIN, yes. But getting in, you have to be willing to sacrifice work hours just to get all the paperwork together and get approved.

After my child was diagnosed with a birth defect, he ended up on Medicaid. My insurance company at the time told me it was "pre-existing" and therefore he didn't qualify!

It took me 6 months to get him on Medicaid. I lost at least a paycheck all total, so that I could stay home and sit on hold and get the same sorry answers. If it weren't for the intervention of one of our local elected leaders, my son STILL wouldn't not be in the program.

From people I talk to, I got into the program fairly quickly. Mostly because I kept calling and visiting the office everyday. And of course, when that didn't work, I took my paperwork to my Congressman, who managed to clear the whole thing up in a matter of a day.

And trust me, it was never a matter of making too much money to qualify. It has to do with the red tape that goes along with any governmental program.
chachito

Austin, TX

#128 Aug 9, 2007
jlc--mamacita wrote:
<quoted text>
I am guessing that you have never had to sign up for Medicaid. It is most definitely NOT EASY to obtain. It's easy to MANTAIN, yes. But getting in, you have to be willing to sacrifice work hours just to get all the paperwork together and get approved.
After my child was diagnosed with a birth defect, he ended up on Medicaid. My insurance company at the time told me it was "pre-existing" and therefore he didn't qualify!
It took me 6 months to get him on Medicaid. I lost at least a paycheck all total, so that I could stay home and sit on hold and get the same sorry answers. If it weren't for the intervention of one of our local elected leaders, my son STILL wouldn't not be in the program.
From people I talk to, I got into the program fairly quickly. Mostly because I kept calling and visiting the office everyday. And of course, when that didn't work, I took my paperwork to my Congressman, who managed to clear the whole thing up in a matter of a day.
And trust me, it was never a matter of making too much money to qualify. It has to do with the red tape that goes along with any governmental program.
OMG, you went to your Congressman man?
Lakeland Knows

Hermitage, TN

#129 Aug 9, 2007
Wholesale cost to publix for 99% of prescriptions drugs is less than a penny a piece. So they are not doing anything but using a marketing scam to make the public think they are community involved. Publix is a racket!
jlc--mamacita

Winter Garden, FL

#130 Aug 9, 2007
chachito wrote:
<quoted text>OMG, you went to your Congressman man?
I went to all of them. Most never bothered to respond.

And when your choice is getting on Medicaid to help pay for surgery/therapy to correct a birth defect so that your child will one day become a productive worker, or allow him to spend the rest of his life receiving SSI, the choice becomes pretty clear.

At one point, one of the Medicaid Caseworkers I spoke with informed me that I should call back when I had more children living in my home. Then she wouldn't allow me to speak to her supervisor. So when my Congressman got me in touch with the Medicaid "suits" in Tallahassee, I reported her. She no longer works there.
jlc--mamacita

Winter Garden, FL

#131 Aug 9, 2007
Lakeland Knows wrote:
Wholesale cost to publix for 99% of prescriptions drugs is less than a penny a piece. So they are not doing anything but using a marketing scam to make the public think they are community involved. Publix is a racket!
While this may be true, Publix still does far more giving to help their local communities than Walmart has ever considered.

At the annual March of Dimes Walk and other charitable events, it's painfully obvious who cares about their community and who doesn't. I see Publix at every event I attend. Sometimes Albertson's. I'll see Target employees, but very little in corporate donations from Target (they claim their national charitable donations are enough). Walmart and Winn Dixie never appears at all.

Publix isn't all good, certainly. But they are far better than some of their competition. Especially when it comes to clean stores, friendly helpful staff, and community outreach.
Im Curious

Columbia, SC

#132 Aug 10, 2007
Lakeland Knows wrote:
giving away drugs for free is a scam?
Im Curious

Columbia, SC

#133 Aug 10, 2007
jlc--mamacita wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to all of them. Most never bothered to respond.
you only have one who represents your district. perhaps the others who didn't respond didn't represent your district. i have no idea, but was that the case?
jlc--mamacita

Winter Garden, FL

#134 Aug 13, 2007
Im Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
you only have one who represents your district. perhaps the others who didn't respond didn't represent your district. i have no idea, but was that the case?
Not really. I sent letters to everyone from our Representatives in Washington to the Governor to our State Representatives. If there names were ever on my voting ballot, they got notified from me that I was unhappy and frustrated.

Ric Keller's response was something akin to "I appreciate your plight but I'm in Washington dealing with important matters that affect your daily life." But at least his office had a pat response...Bill Nelson never bothered to respond at all. Which I proceeded to tell him about the next time I ran into him at a public function. To his credit, Nelson was extremely apologetic for his office brushing me off.
Jose M34 Shorter

Denmark

#139 Aug 6, 2011
Amoxil from http://trustedamoxicillin.info for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: no side effects, gentle but efective. Feelings of relief began a few hours after the first pill.
Jose M34 Edwards

France

#141 Feb 4, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Miln

Sweden

#142 Apr 19, 2013
i wrote:
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
http://inhousegeneric.info very clear and informative site, simple ordering process and very fast delivery. All round excellent service - will use again.
Alonso

Istanbul, Turkey

#145 Jun 2, 2013
I have used http://qgeneric.info/#btkr for about 3 years and find their products to be reliable and speedily delivered. The Support team are very promt and helpful in solving any issues that arise,caused by my errors not the company's. I was a little sceptical initially about buying generic products rather than brand names. However, the Mens' Health products I have bought have been equally as efficatious as the brand names at a fraction of the cost.
Ben

UAE

#148 Aug 15, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Grocery Store Guide site Mar 11 john 1
Kroger Buying Shaw's? (Apr '10) Mar 11 will 1,225
News Morgan Stanley Doubles Down On Village Super Ma... Mar 6 Humanspirit 1
News Giant Eagle closures Feb '17 Georges 8
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jan '17 tita 98
News Neilson Dairy sold to Saputo (Oct '08) Jan '17 is more trouble c... 16
Private Label Research Project Jan '17 Anonymous 1
More from around the web