Publix to offer 7 popular prescription antibiotics for free -- ...

Seven popular antibiotics will be available for free from Publix supermarkets for people with prescriptions, the company and Gov. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
APR

United States

#1 Aug 6, 2007
considering how much Publix charges for everything else, they should give something back!
Free RX

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Aug 6, 2007
Will someone from Publix please tell me what kind of mark-up we can expect in the price of groceries to cover this free giveaway? Remember: There's no such thing as a free lunch! Or in this case "free" medicine.
Miss America

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Aug 6, 2007
Just another gimmick so you won't notice how much they raised the prices on all the other medicines to pay for this "freebee".
SONEG

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Aug 6, 2007
KUDOS TO PUBLIX SUPERMARKET. I COMMEND THEM FOR THIS DECISION.
Hot Momma

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Aug 6, 2007
Of course it would be antibiotics that I'm allergic to! Great.
DFC

Mount Dora, FL

#6 Aug 6, 2007
What is the reason for this?

APR

“Open Minded”

Since: Mar 07

Right here

#7 Aug 6, 2007
Hot Momma wrote:
Of course it would be antibiotics that I'm allergic to! Great.
and some of the oldest one around.. these drugs are not used as frequently as newer, better meds
consumer

Orlando, FL

#8 Aug 6, 2007
Great.;this may again refocus the healthcare providers to prescribe meds, that have been lost in the shuffle, with the more advanced antibiotics. and make a cost savings for patients now, instead of the "incentives" that are given to the office....
SugarHoneyIceTea

United States

#9 Aug 6, 2007
90% of the population uses Antibotics, Especially children and the elderly. This is great! Glad to see Publix acting on this issue!
F W H

Mount Dora, FL

#10 Aug 6, 2007
Good for them!!!!!!
bebe

Orlando, FL

#11 Aug 6, 2007
this is so you wont get sick from eating their food
SONEG

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Aug 6, 2007
Finally wrote:
90% of the population uses Antibotics, Especially children and the elderly. This is great! Glad to see Publix acting on this issue!
I agree with you!!! That was my first thought when I read the article. These are the type of poeple who need these meds the most, I have young grandchildren and elderly freinds and family and I for one am happy that Publix is doing this.
Allison

Hollywood, FL

#13 Aug 6, 2007
This is a step in the right directon ... nice job Publix.
carrie

Ocala, FL

#14 Aug 6, 2007
With all the talk of germs and bacteria becoming antibiotic resistant, these drugs will soon be phased out. There will not be a use for these drugs if they are over prescribed. They are just trying to get you in their store, so maybe they could get you to buy something else. I rarely shop at Publix to begin with and what I have seen, there is no deal there. These prescriptions are for 4 dollars anywhere else.
Mom of High schooler

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#16 Aug 6, 2007
DFC wrote:
What is the reason for this?
Didn't you read the article?
Carl

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#17 Aug 6, 2007
This is good. Private industry and state government recognizes the need for health and wellness. When will the feds wake up. Unfortunately, these antibiotics are overused.
jonigan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Aug 6, 2007
Next......FREE Breast Implants for everyone, (Trans-genders included)
Pembroke Pines

Miami, FL

#19 Aug 6, 2007
There are 7 antibiotics in the program. The article lists 4 (amoxicillin, cephalexin, penicillin VK and erythromycin) with no obvious place to find out what are the other 3. What kind of news reporting is this? If you look in the archive of Sun-Sentinel articles you will find the same half-hearted attempt to give information.
Axl

Apopka, FL

#20 Aug 6, 2007
Universal health care in the USA now!!!!!
Reason

Miami, FL

#21 Aug 6, 2007
Pembroke Pines wrote:
There are 7 antibiotics in the program. The article lists 4 (amoxicillin, cephalexin, penicillin VK and erythromycin) with no obvious place to find out what are the other 3. What kind of news reporting is this? If you look in the archive of Sun-Sentinel articles you will find the same half-hearted attempt to give information.
Amoxicillin
Cephalexin
Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim (SMZ-TMP)
Ciprofloxacin (excluding ciprofloxacin XR)
Penicillin VK
Ampicillin and
Erythromycin (excluding Ery-Tab).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... 19 hr Kentucky-Mitch 63
A&P completes refinancing of senior debt Sep 23 Joe Sheridan 2
DePiero Farm trial to resume next month Sep 13 Worldczar 2
ALDI Grocery Store (Mar '08) Aug '14 Redman 41
Kroger Buying Shaw's? (Apr '10) Aug '14 BarbaraW 1,196
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Aug '14 Star On 47 90
Meijer donates $500,000 to American Red Cross a... Aug '14 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 1

Grocery People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE