Publix Buys Food City
Captain America

Ringgold, GA

#242 Oct 7, 2009
You know you're right. Obviously someone who's likes their job, and is thankful to have one in this economy must automatically be a corporate tool. Thanks for the revelation. I guess I need to dumb myself down to you're level a bit so I'll believe every bullsh*t rumor that comes around too.

Here, let me see if I can speak in you're language:

man, fod city sucks i hope they go out of bizness soon. they so dumb. i a financil planer sos i know things cept for spellin cuz thats dumb, that cappin kvat so dum wit his thinkin cuz hes out there usin propir sentinces yo he mus be sum kinda cappin kvat cuz he so stoopid to likes weres he works
rawr

Kittanning, PA

#243 Oct 7, 2009
Captain America wrote:
You know you're right. Obviously someone who's likes their job, and is thankful to have one in this economy must automatically be a corporate tool. Thanks for the revelation. I guess I need to dumb myself down to you're level a bit so I'll believe every bullsh*t rumor that comes around too.
Here, let me see if I can speak in you're language:
man, fod city sucks i hope they go out of bizness soon. they so dumb. i a financil planer sos i know things cept for spellin cuz thats dumb, that cappin kvat so dum wit his thinkin cuz hes out there usin propir sentinces yo he mus be sum kinda cappin kvat cuz he so stoopid to likes weres he works
LMAO!!!!!
Employee

United States

#244 Oct 10, 2009
The official announcement for the Food City closing in Farragut was made Friday. It was a Bi Lo store but that shouldn't matter. What is significant is that it comes on the heels of Ingles and Krogers building new stores in those areas. What this tells me is that Food City is slowly losing business to our competitors. We are no longer competitive with our pricing and there is way too much shuffling of store managers going on. Even the districts are being restructured. I am extremely bothered by the fact that everyone knew the Farragut store was closing but management refused to acknowledge it. Isn't it possible that they could be handling a buyout in a similar way. Just some food for thought. I refuse to drink too much of Food City's Kool Aide if you know what I mean.
Captain America

Cookeville, TN

#245 Oct 11, 2009
I didn't know Ingles had built a store there. They're much more expensive than FC. Farragut's an upscale area so I'm sure a more expensive store like Ingles would do good there. In most areas Ingles gets their clock cleaned by Food City though. Kroger built a very nice new store out there, so I'm sure they're doing most of the business.

Since: Oct 09

Knoxville, TN

#246 Oct 11, 2009
Nope Ingles in Farragut gets all the business - Food City is a ghost town and no double coupons.
question

London, KY

#247 Oct 12, 2009
Is this true about the Farragut Food City or a rumor?
answer

Nashville, TN

#248 Oct 12, 2009
question wrote:
Is this true about the Farragut Food City or a rumor?
http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp...
question

London, KY

#249 Oct 12, 2009
Which store is next to close?
Captain America

Ringgold, GA

#250 Oct 13, 2009
Only problem with Ingles is that they're products are more expensive than Food City. So I guess with the extra markup they can afford to double coupons.
hero

London, KY

#251 Oct 13, 2009
Captain America wrote:
Only problem with Ingles is that they're products are more expensive than Food City. So I guess with the extra markup they can afford to double coupons.
"To the Vatcave!"
hero

London, KY

#252 Oct 13, 2009
Captain America wrote:
hero aka RAWR!!!!
Captain America

Ringgold, GA

#253 Oct 26, 2009
I heard store 686 on Chapman Hwy in Knoxville may be the next to go.
Reason to be Concerned

Manchester, KY

#254 Oct 26, 2009
Captain America is the lease agreement up on this store too? Is this true two stores now closing in Knoxville, Tenn.? What is going on?
Employee

Knoxville, TN

#255 Oct 26, 2009
The Pharmacy has already closed at 686 and the word is that the store isn't far behind. There are others stores in the Knoxville area that are underperforming including a new one that opened this past April. They haven't made projections since opening and they've restructured the districts in an effort to pad the numbers a bit.
Reason to be Concerned

Manchester, KY

#256 Oct 27, 2009
Captain America Is Food City in trouble and going out of business? What is going on?
publix employee

United States

#257 Nov 4, 2009
Publix has been known to deny until the last minute. They denied opening the store I'm at currently. They also denied a few other store openings in the past. And if the distribution centers go with the deal, I wouldn't be surprised if Publix is interested in the whole market.
Reason to be Concerned

Perryville, AR

#258 Nov 8, 2009
Where is Captain America has he dissappeared?
Captain America

Ringgold, GA

#259 Nov 8, 2009
I was told by the former manager of 686 about a year ago that the lease was coming up, and unless they turned it around, the store would probably be closing. As far as I know KVAT is not in trouble, but times are tough and they are shedding dead weight, like any smart business is doing right now. They've always tried to take action before there's a problem. Keeping these stores would certainly make things harder in this economy, that isn't likely to get any better with communists controlling Congress and the White House. I don't know of any other stores that are closing as of yet, but the former Bi-Lo locations are definitely prime targets because most of them are under performers, with the exception of a few. I don't think employees should get worried yet.
rawr

Pella, IA

#260 Nov 8, 2009
rawr wrote:
I just had a brilliant idea. Captain America we need to change your name to Captain KVAT. And then we need to get Cecil Baker or store associate or whatever hes calling himself this week to be your partner. They can give you two the huge food city shopping cart they drive in bristol as your super hero mobile. You can be food citys first line of defense against a publix buyout.*evil laugh*
thank you for the briefing captain KVAT!
Reason to be Concerned

Waynesburg, KY

#261 Nov 8, 2009
Rawr or who ever the hell you are, Your very funny. When is Publix evil empire taking over? Do you know that or are you just full of it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hello Publix, goodbye Alberstons (Jun '08) May 29 RandyR 38
News Man apologizes, withdraws Whole Foods gay slur ... (May '16) May 29 Mcguillacutty 3
Kroger Buying Shaw's? (Apr '10) May '17 Granite Stater 1,227
ALDI Grocery Store (Mar '08) May '17 apluswrecker 46
News Feds charge Winn-Dixie with selling undersized ... (Apr '06) May '17 Mango 60
Hartford Reserve is Great A&P' s new premium ho... (Oct '08) May '17 JoeBobNJ 44
News Billy Goat's famous 'Cheezborgers' coming to Je... Apr '17 John be lush 1
More from around the web