Loss of Big Y contract means layoffs at C&S

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

Because of the loss of one of its largest contracts, C&S Wholesale Grocers is in the process of laying off 250 workers.
Comments
41 - 53 of 53 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

mike mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so old school...we got a black president today.
I got OSHA to visit the Hinsdale Wal-Mart about a year ago and write them a letter...with a mandatory response.
A Black or Blue President doesn't make a difference,the difference is that the Walmart deals with the and open to the public where as the C+S warehouse (company) is a privet business.....public is not allowed,that is why they listen to your complaint...no other reason.
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

I’d like to organize the whole shebang, Webster, C&S and United National Foods.
Meeeep

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

C and S!! We're the best!! People need to stop complaining its not that bad of a job. Think positive, live positive. Think negative.. well you get it. BOTTOM ONE GRAB!

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Meeeep wrote:
C and S!! We're the best!! People need to stop complaining its not that bad of a job. Think positive, live positive. Think negative.. well you get it. BOTTOM ONE GRAB!
You need to get your head out of your rear end C&S distroys companies and employees.I can't understand you people in New England ,if you orginize the main distro plant of C&S all of you would make 2-3 dollars an hour more a week,they make billions and you guys make crap.
blow ass

Yorktown Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

cs worker wrote:
c &s sucks anyway
C&S doesnt pay there bills, and when they do they pay 2 months late, it's a sorry excuse for a company. They clip there bills also.
sickens me mr cohen
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

There are a lot workers around here who become disabled though the hard pace of the work at C&S...they go thought workers like diarrhea.
dcj

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

disilvas never gave a Damn about anything but themselves. A bunch of kids pretending to be bosses.
JewWatch Dot Com

Rutland, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

gee, C & S is run by unscrupulous rotten scammers? The owners are doing alright aren't they?
I see Price Chopper is also doing ok, same with that rental place Aaron
's on Putney Rd.
Uh, excuse me I have to sneeze...
aaaaAAAAAJJJJJEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!
BTW, I wonder who owns that chain of sleazy korean 'massage' parlors which has one of their joints on Putney Rd.?
Medical researcher

Portsmouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

I know the C&S owner. He's doing very well.....on the backs of his employees. Posters are on the money, workers took pay cuts and he lived well. Sold out his good friend and then fired him. It's hard to see good people suffer and evil people being rewarded, just offends my sense of fairness.
KeepDemDamJews AwayFromIt

Rutland, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

JewWatch Dot Com wrote:
gee, C & S is run by unscrupulous rotten scammers? The owners are doing alright aren't they?
I see Price Chopper is also doing ok, same with that rental place Aaron
's on Putney Rd.
Uh, excuse me I have to sneeze...
aaaaAAAAAJJJJJEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!
BTW, I wonder who owns that chain of sleazy korean 'massage' parlors which has one of their joints on Putney Rd.?
this just made big news nationally...
'15 Vermont Towns Say Yes To Creating A Public State Bank'
http://www.google.com/#q=vermont+15+towns+pub...
from the Huffington Post->
On the first Tuesday of March, communities across Vermont hold town meetings at which they elect local officials, approve the coming year’s budget and vote on measures announced in advance.

This week, 19 Vermont cities and towns voted on a measure calling for the Vermont Economic Development Authority, a statewide finance lender created in 1974, to be turned into a public bank. Fifteen approved the notion.

In January, state Sen. Anthony Pollina (D) and five other progressive state lawmakers had introduced legislation to advance the proposal. Senate Bill 204 would direct the state government to deposit 10 percent of its unrestricted funds in a public VEDA bank, which could then leverage the money in the same manner as private banks do.

The Senate legislation would:

(1) create statutorily the 10 Percent for Vermont Program within the Vermont Economic Development Authority for the purpose of establishing a banking system owned, controlled, and operated by the State of Vermont;
(2) amend the statutory authority of the Vermont Economic Development Authority to permit it to engage in the business of banking; and

(3) direct the State Treasurer to transfer 10 percent of the State government’s cash reserves to the 10 Percent for Vermont Program for initial funding.

The pilot program would partner with local private banks to offer loans and boost economic development "by increasing access to capital for businesses in the State,” according to the legislative text. VEDA is currently financed by legislatively appropriated funding, bonds and other means.

A companion bill, HB 627, has been introduced in the state House.
Also in January, a report by Vermonters for a New Economy -- a coalition of state groups, businesses and individuals backing the initiative -- concluded that the creation of a public bank could create 2,535 new jobs in Vermont,$192 million in Gross State Product and $342 million in increased state output.

According to Vermont Public Radio, the following towns voted for the proposal: Bakersfield, Craftsbury, Enosburg, Marshfield, Montgomery, Montpelier, Plainfield, Putney, Randolph, Rochester, Royalton, Ryegate, Tunbridge, Warren and Waitsfield. The communities of Marlboro, Barnet, Fayston and Greensboro rejected the measure.

The only state to currently operate a public state bank is North Dakota. Twenty other states are considering a similar banking reform.
Black Hole

Williston, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

cs worker wrote:
c &s sucks anyway
New Vermont thinks all work sucks.
Black Hole

Williston, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

KeepDemDamJews AwayFromIt wrote:
<quoted text>
this just made big news nationally...
'15 Vermont Towns Say Yes To Creating A Public State Bank'
http://www.google.com/#q=vermont+15+towns+pub...
from the Huffington Post->
On the first Tuesday of March, communities across Vermont hold town meetings at which they elect local officials, approve the coming year’s budget and vote on measures announced in advance.
This week, 19 Vermont cities and towns voted on a measure calling for the Vermont Economic Development Authority, a statewide finance lender created in 1974, to be turned into a public bank. Fifteen approved the notion.
In January, state Sen. Anthony Pollina (D) and five other progressive state lawmakers had introduced legislation to advance the proposal. Senate Bill 204 would direct the state government to deposit 10 percent of its unrestricted funds in a public VEDA bank, which could then leverage the money in the same manner as private banks do.
The Senate legislation would:
(1) create statutorily the 10 Percent for Vermont Program within the Vermont Economic Development Authority for the purpose of establishing a banking system owned, controlled, and operated by the State of Vermont;
(2) amend the statutory authority of the Vermont Economic Development Authority to permit it to engage in the business of banking; and
(3) direct the State Treasurer to transfer 10 percent of the State government’s cash reserves to the 10 Percent for Vermont Program for initial funding.
The pilot program would partner with local private banks to offer loans and boost economic development "by increasing access to capital for businesses in the State,” according to the legislative text. VEDA is currently financed by legislatively appropriated funding, bonds and other means.
A companion bill, HB 627, has been introduced in the state House.
Also in January, a report by Vermonters for a New Economy -- a coalition of state groups, businesses and individuals backing the initiative -- concluded that the creation of a public bank could create 2,535 new jobs in Vermont,$192 million in Gross State Product and $342 million in increased state output.
According to Vermont Public Radio, the following towns voted for the proposal: Bakersfield, Craftsbury, Enosburg, Marshfield, Montgomery, Montpelier, Plainfield, Putney, Randolph, Rochester, Royalton, Ryegate, Tunbridge, Warren and Waitsfield. The communities of Marlboro, Barnet, Fayston and Greensboro rejected the measure.
The only state to currently operate a public state bank is North Dakota. Twenty other states are considering a similar banking reform.
19 towns even took up the issue but VT has 237 towns, 9 cities and 4 gores. This is not an endorsement.
Read EndTheFed by RonPaul

Rutland, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Black Hole wrote:
<quoted text> 19 towns even took up the issue but VT has 237 towns, 9 cities and 4 gores. This is not an endorsement.
it was rather small minority of 'rebels' that first decided to say "F* the damn King and his laws including those against us having our own (honest) currency, and later enough of the rest of the people finally jumped on the Revolution bandwagon
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
G. Edward Griffin: The Collectivist Conspiracy (Full Length)
www.youtube.com/watch...
Super rich are in a conspiracy to rule the world - G. Edward Griffin - www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grocery Discussions

Search the Grocery Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tinley Park Jewel-Osco Salmonella Test Results ... Jul 24 concerned citizen 1
Kroger Buying Shaw's? (Apr '10) Jul 7 watson 1,195
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jun '14 Beanie Shoemaker 87
Sobeys to close 6 grocery stores in Manitoba Jun '14 Eric and Sanjay 2
The close: Banks, insurers push TSX higher Jun '14 TSX games 1
Empire Company Limited Upgraded to "Sector Outp... Jun '14 TSX games 1
Wyoming police release surveillance photos of M... Jun '14 Who 3
•••
•••