Loss of Big Y contract means layoffs ...

Loss of Big Y contract means layoffs at C&S

There are 56 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Oct 4, 2008, titled Loss of Big Y contract means layoffs at C&S. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Because of the loss of one of its largest contracts, C&S Wholesale Grocers is in the process of laying off 250 workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

The trucker

Putney, VT

#30 Feb 21, 2009
I deliverd to Big Y for C&S the people at the stores were all morons.Have no idea what goes on behind the scens and how their crap loads get there.Also to Rick I think your time is coming if i met you in a dark ally you wouldnt make it out alive karma is a motherf@(*^% You treat all your employies like ass and make millions one of these days i hope someone snaps and one of your wharehouses.America is falling apart and so is your big EMPIRE
dave

Brattleboro, VT

#31 Feb 22, 2009
this really is great news!! now there will be a lot less coked out road jockeys on I-91. ah yes, good times again.
dave

Brattleboro, VT

#32 Feb 22, 2009
greedy money loving truck drivers. all you want is more more more. in these tough economic times you just take take take from the hand that feeds you. you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
dave

Brattleboro, VT

#33 Feb 22, 2009
you might get by if you would all lay off the coke for a bit and just do the job you were hired to do. cry babies all of you.
dave

Brattleboro, VT

#34 Feb 22, 2009
i drove for c and s 3 months and you better believe it that this was the best employer i ever had in all my life. but due to hep c i had to find other employment.

at least i didnt hide the fact to Rick. unlike all you druggies that just keep on keeping on i made the decision to quit so i wouldnt be a liability to the company. thats how mucyh i appreciated c and s. unlike the rest of you greedy losers.
dave

Brattleboro, VT

#35 Feb 22, 2009
oh, and to THE tRUCKER, why dont you take your KARMA and shove it up YOUR ASS!!!!!
Joe

Chester, VT

#36 Feb 22, 2009
webster trucking, brattleboro haulage and anything else run by disilva is a menace to highway safety.
The Brattleboro Informer

Trumbull, CT

#37 Feb 22, 2009
The trucker wrote:
I deliverd to Big Y for C&S the people at the stores were all morons.Have no idea what goes on behind the scens and how their crap loads get there.Also to Rick I think your time is coming if i met you in a dark ally you wouldnt make it out alive karma is a motherf@(*^% You treat all your employies like ass and make millions one of these days i hope someone snaps and one of your wharehouses.America is falling apart and so is your big EMPIRE
With degenerates like you making deliveries to their stores, it's not surprising that Big Y canceled the contract with C&S.
dave

Brattleboro, VT

#38 Feb 22, 2009
good post TBI. when i drove for c and s i made sure i represented the company every day. in every way. what happened is too many other drivers got this attitude that brought the whole place down. now if Rick did the right thing he would get rid of this cancer so the rest of the decent workers could thrive.

but as usuall, the majority rules and the rest suffer so go figure. i guess its the American way.

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

#39 Feb 24, 2009
The C&S employees should have gone Union ,like them or not they would have had some sort of protection ,now they have nothing and it's getting worse.They have a plant in PA that went from 360 people to 80 and all the selecting is automated.Cut saleries from 18 to 12 dollares and hout ,no benies!

Stockbridge Mass

#40 Feb 24, 2009
........and hour ,sorry

Stockbridge Mass

#41 Feb 24, 2009
dave wrote:
i drove for c and s 3 months and you better believe it that this was the best employer i ever had in all my life. but due to hep c i had to find other employment.
at least i didnt hide the fact to Rick. unlike all you druggies that just keep on keeping on i made the decision to quit so i wouldnt be a liability to the company. thats how mucyh i appreciated c and s. unlike the rest of you greedy losers.
3 months....LOL........what did you have to stop when they took off your training wheels?You're just a little cry baby that was to stupid to keep a job .
CS employee

Willimantic, CT

#42 Jul 1, 2009
C&S is the worst place to work ever. Very physical, pay problems all the time, no room for advancement and extremely unsanitary conditions. They boot you out when there is no work and force you extra when their is....even the middle management knows how bad it is...check out all the resumes on monster. F U Rick
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#43 Jul 1, 2009
Come on, they got to be a safety risk or accident rich environment, why donít you go on a campaign to report violations to OHSA or the Department of Transportation. They are trying to reform these agencies across the board in order to be more sympathetic to the employees. There could be some conspiracy between ex employees and current employee...C&S will get the message that they canít push you around anymore.

Stockbridge Mass

#44 Jul 1, 2009
mike mulligan wrote:
Come on, they got to be a safety risk or accident rich environment, why donít you go on a campaign to report violations to OHSA or the Department of Transportation. They are trying to reform these agencies across the board in order to be more sympathetic to the employees. There could be some conspiracy between ex employees and current employee...C&S will get the message that they canít push you around anymore.
When you're not Union it is extremely hard to file complants with OHSA and be listen too,other then getting a lawyer and sueing it's almost impossible.

Stockbridge Mass

#45 Jul 1, 2009
CS employee wrote:
C&S is the worst place to work ever. Very physical, pay problems all the time, no room for advancement and extremely unsanitary conditions. They boot you out when there is no work and force you extra when their is....even the middle management knows how bad it is...check out all the resumes on monster. F U Rick
I know this sounds farfetched but call the Teamsters and see if they can help.

Stockbridge Mass

#46 Jul 1, 2009
Marc Smith is a backstabbing S.O.B.
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#47 Jul 1, 2009
Giantone wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're not Union it is extremely hard to file complants with OHSA and be listen too,other then getting a lawyer and sueing it's almost impossible.
That is so old school...we got a black president today.

I got OSHA to visit the Hinsdale Wal-Mart about a year ago and write them a letter...with a mandatory response.
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#48 Jul 1, 2009
Giantone wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this sounds farfetched but call the Teamsters and see if they can help.
The Teamster will tell you, you got to begin the organizing yourself, you got to get the majority of employees to sign that you want the teamsters to represent them. They want to see that you are committed before they step in.

Stockbridge Mass

#49 Jul 2, 2009
mike mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Teamster will tell you, you got to begin the organizing yourself, you got to get the majority of employees to sign that you want the teamsters to represent them. They want to see that you are committed before they step in.
Call them they will give you everything you need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Billy Goat's famous 'Cheezborgers' coming to Je... Jun 27 AmPieJam UncleSam 2
News Hello Publix, goodbye Alberstons (Jun '08) May '17 RandyR 38
News Man apologizes, withdraws Whole Foods gay slur ... (May '16) May '17 Mcguillacutty 3
Kroger Buying Shaw's? (Apr '10) May '17 Granite Stater 1,227
ALDI Grocery Store (Mar '08) May '17 apluswrecker 46
News Feds charge Winn-Dixie with selling undersized ... (Apr '06) May '17 Mango 60
Hartford Reserve is Great A&P' s new premium ho... (Oct '08) May '17 JoeBobNJ 44
More from around the web