Loss of Big Y contract means layoffs at C&S

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

Because of the loss of one of its largest contracts, C&S Wholesale Grocers is in the process of laying off 250 workers.
Comments
1 - 20 of 53 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cs worker

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

c &s sucks anyway
rick is not his dad

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

If his dad new what he was doing to that company, after 20 years of no raises people get a pay cut instead , thanks rick we love you to.
donate another million or two.
wife of C S employee

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

This company royally sucks now! My husband was able to keep his job through the layoffs but it's not like it matters anyway. They did away with the teams, lowered the case rate for what the selectors pick and give each one hardly enough work to be there 4 or 5 hours some nights. We'll be lucky if he makes enough now to pay his health insurance premiums and taxes. Never mind having to keep a roof over our children's heads or food on the table. But what does Rick care. As long as he makes his money to he!! with his employees. I would like to see him live off from what he expects his employees to live off from working there now. Couldn't do it could you Rick? But it's ok for the people who bust their butts making you money to try to surive on what you pay them! You'll get yours in the end....Karma is a *itch sometimes.
The Brattleboro Informer

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Judging from the posts it sounds like the employee pool in Brattleboro are a bunch of malcontents. Don't be surprised if C&S moves on; wait for it!
wife of C S employee

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

A bunch of malcontents? Ok Rick, you come live off from what you are paying your employees and let's see how happy you are about it. Oh that's right you wouldn't live off from what you expect them to. My mistake. The people who work for you are supposed to worship the ground you walk on. All be damned if they don't. You really think it's only a handful of people who don't like you? Spend some time in your own wharehouses doing something besides parading around lawyers & trying to intimidate people.
ricky ticky tavey

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Ahhh come off it...a guy could hire illegals for 1/4 what these guys get paid. Get some job and life skills before you run your mouth.And dont forget to pick up your food stamps on the way to the McCain rally.
wife of C S employee

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Great way to show compassion for your fellow human beings.
AmeriKKKan Watcher

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

C&S workers and friends, these spoiled whining psychopaths are about to have their economic butts handed to them. "Wait for it" like that idiot-boy above said. Just beware, when the *hit REALLY hits the fan and the soup lines form, these same repugnicans will blame YOU for all of it!
The Brattleboro Informer

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

AmeriKKKan Watcher wrote:
C&S workers and friends, these spoiled whining psychopaths are about to have their economic butts handed to them. "Wait for it" like that idiot-boy above said. Just beware, when the *hit REALLY hits the fan and the soup lines form, these same repugnicans will blame YOU for all of it!
Life is good! You need to wise up. Employers want nothing to do with lazy cancers like you who infect their work places with unproductive negitivity. You morons might be dancing in the streets of Brattleboro when you drive C&S Wholesale Grocers off, but the celebration won't last too long. What are you going to do, swing a mop at Mocha Joes?
AmeriKKKan Watcher

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Nope CT boy, your anger is cute (pats him on the head) but you are FAR off from the mark in every way. I'm self employed, work hard, do well, and don't go places like Mocha Joes.

And when the grocery stores are empty, I'll still be eating well. But tube mounted precision optics will be watching for desperate starving idiots like you coming up the road looking.

Good luck little boy.
cs worker

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Just imaging making less money now than you did 25 years ago while still working for a company that went from millions to 18 billion. Then have a meeting telling you they plan on more than doubling that in the next year as they cut your pay by thousands a year. You would think since it is the workers who make him that money he would show some apreciation to the worker not cut there pay. if you think its great come join us considering we hire 200 to keep 20 it must not be that gret so i doubt you will hang around to long.
thanks for the slap in the face rick.
Joe

Middletown Springs, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

the union busting C&S gets a taste of being under cut.
Stop & Shop warehouse and 1,000 union employee's lost their jobs to C&S

oh well I guess the grocery industry found some even cheaper workers in other places who are happy with $8.00 an hour an no benefits.
amazed

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

It is hard to believe a company can flush out so much seniority out of the company and get away with it I would think that the unemployment office would catch on to this when they see all these old dudes coming to apply for unemployment from c & s.
Joe

Middletown Springs, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

amazed wrote:
It is hard to believe a company can flush out so much seniority out of the company and get away with it I would think that the unemployment office would catch on to this when they see all these old dudes coming to apply for unemployment from c & s.
no union, no seniority

no contract, see new pay package whenever management feels like it.

attention employee's, do to ample supplies of labor the evil management decided to cut wages anf give themselves a huge bonus, don't like it too bad you can be replaced.
amazed

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

we can be replaced, and are being replaced.
so that shows you what spending your life helping the company grow will get you. SO APPLY NOW TO YOUR FAMILY ORIENTED COMPANY,(THE ONES YOU NEVER SEE BECAUSE YOU WORK EXTRA DAYS AT THE SNAP OF A FINGER OVER AND OVER) AND BE ONE OF THE HAPPILY BRAGGINGLY EMPLOY'S.
winsted ct

Winsted, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2008

i work for big y and c&s sucks so its all set theyll be out fo buisness eventually and then all the employees will get fired so you dont have to worry
winsted ct

Winsted, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2008

im not from gilford
winsted ct

Winsted, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2008

8==========D guilford*
get help now

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Judged:

somebody should call the union right away...ufcw 371 in westport ct.absolutely ridiculous that the workers are treated this way.go to any meatroom at stop and shop and speak to a cutter...they will help.
same story in PA

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

they tell us we'll make more because they're going to pay us less. ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grocery Discussions

Search the Grocery Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tinley Park Jewel-Osco Salmonella Test Results ... 7 hr concerned citizen 1
Kroger Buying Shaw's? (Apr '10) Jul 7 watson 1,195
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jun 29 Beanie Shoemaker 87
Sobeys to close 6 grocery stores in Manitoba Jun 29 Eric and Sanjay 2
The close: Banks, insurers push TSX higher Jun 28 TSX games 1
Empire Company Limited Upgraded to "Sector Outp... Jun 28 TSX games 1
Wyoming police release surveillance photos of M... Jun 28 Who 3
•••
•••