Grocer wants to widen south exit/entr...

Grocer wants to widen south exit/entrance

There are 26 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jul 12, 2010, titled Grocer wants to widen south exit/entrance. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Whole Foods is looking into widening the south entrance/exit to its store in downtown Novato's Millworks building by the end of the summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Koalabear2525

San Pablo, CA

#1 Jul 12, 2010
a very good point . looking ahead for the folks that come to shop
tramky

Vacaville, CA

#2 Jul 12, 2010
Weird story! Sounds like bad architecture & bad planning. Anyone paying attention?
Bye Bye

Novato, CA

#4 Jul 13, 2010
Save your money as your checkers are standing around all day. I love it because you have everything fresh ,nothing from china and i can walk up to a check stand and be out of there in seconds. Great store but i think it will be gone sooner than later .
Day Hiker

Novato, CA

#5 Jul 13, 2010
The north entrance is nothing to write home about either. When a vehicle is coming out and another is going in, the turning radius required is too sharp, just another poor design without much foresight. Perhaps they thought we'd all be on Segways┬Śnot!
Thanks

Novato, CA

#6 Jul 13, 2010
Whole Foods is a great addition to Novato. Thanks for investing in the community and providing jobs.
Marin Resident

Novato, CA

#7 Jul 13, 2010
Goes to prove that Whole Foods should never have been built in this location. It was a shock to the residents when the idiots on the City council approved the plan. Besides it's ugly and looks like a factory when you approach that part of Novato. I keep looking for the smokestacks!!! Now Whole Foods wants to redesign Novato even more. Is there payola involved? Hmmmm
Novato Bob

AOL

#8 Jul 13, 2010
More city and county butt kissing to Whole Foods. All you Whole Foods shoopers should look into how many breaks they received on permits fees. Think about that the next time you as an individual has to deal with local government to make an improvement on your property.
FatFreddysCat

Tracy, CA

#9 Jul 13, 2010
Whole Foods is a welcome retailer in Novato.
If you don't like them, go buy cans of almost expired Pork & Beans at the Dollar Store down the street. If they want to widen a street, more power too them.
tramky

Vacaville, CA

#10 Jul 13, 2010
Recall that at the time this project was under design review by the City of Novato, including City Council, an architect was mayor. After it was all approved, this same architect mayor was quoted as saying something like "Well, it really DOES look larger than I thought it would be".

I would advise Novato residents to keep any important decisions away from City Council to the degree possible. The brightest bulbs were NOT elected.
just the facts

San Rafael, CA

#11 Jul 13, 2010
Stupid place for a Whole Foods. Even the Trader Joes parking lot is a joke. whats wrong with novato politicians?? whats next? oh yes, the new hotel and shopping center by Costco. Novato builds a water treatment plant that nobody can operate, a $15 million pool they cannot staff, relocate an apartment complex in the middle of a meadow.. gov at its best..
amazing

San Anselmo, CA

#13 Jul 13, 2010
That place cannot be doing well financially at all. It is always dead in there and the prices are outrageous not to mention that I have noticed more and more food products from China. Spinach from China??? Are you kidding me? I question their meat too. Whole Foods used to be known for good meat. The meat is subpar now. I even asked about it and the butcher acknowledged my concerns.

When there are people there, they are on the outside loop of the store, they are not in the middle of the store, that tells me they are just buying prepared foods and are not doing their actual shopping there.

Whole foods is no longer for me.
Novato Realtor

AOL

#14 Jul 18, 2010
I have to admitt I was totally against the Mill works being built in that location. Now that it's up and Whole Foods in open its a good thing. Any upscale shopping is a welcome one in Novato. Sorry to have maoned about it when it was being built because I am so glad it's here......I will moan about those classless dollar stores. Keep them out of Novato if you don't want the town to loose it's charm.
Novato Realtor

AOL

#15 Jul 18, 2010
just the facts wrote:
Stupid place for a Whole Foods. Even the Trader Joes parking lot is a joke. whats wrong with novato politicians?? whats next? oh yes, the new hotel and shopping center by Costco. Novato builds a water treatment plant that nobody can operate, a $15 million pool they cannot staff, relocate an apartment complex in the middle of a meadow.. gov at its best..
Upscale is good for Novato...It's the low class junk places we need to keep out. Whole foods and trader joes was so good for your home values and helped to kick Novato up a class notch.
Novato Realtor

AOL

#16 Jul 18, 2010
tramky wrote:
Recall that at the time this project was under design review by the City of Novato, including City Council, an architect was mayor. After it was all approved, this same architect mayor was quoted as saying something like "Well, it really DOES look larger than I thought it would be".
I would advise Novato residents to keep any important decisions away from City Council to the degree possible. The brightest bulbs were NOT elected.
It could be worse...They could have approved a dollar store in the whole foods building intead.
fatboy4u

Lexington, MA

#17 Jul 28, 2010
Koalabear2525 wrote:
a very good point . looking ahead for the folks that come to shop
good aray of random thoughts on your part...does anyone here eat pie?

Since: Dec 11

New Delhi, India

#18 Apr 27, 2012
Very nice point. I like and appreciate that shared this to us.

Since: Nov 10

Blairsville, Ga

#19 Apr 27, 2012
Novato Realtor wrote:
I have to admitt I was totally against the Mill works being built in that location. Now that it's up and Whole Foods in open its a good thing. Any upscale shopping is a welcome one in Novato. Sorry to have maoned about it when it was being built because I am so glad it's here......I will moan about those classless dollar stores. Keep them out of Novato if you don't want the town to loose it's charm.
I would think that a realtor would spell better than you. When you're trying to sell a house, is your ad like "Home for sale. 3 bedroom/2 bath. Grate view"???

Blairsville, Ga

#20 Apr 27, 2012
Novato Realtor wrote:
loose
Why everyone on the internet wants to spell "lose" like this I don't have a clue. Is it like some kind of internet spelling of the word??? IT'S LOSE, YOU LOSERS!!!!

Blairsville, Ga

#21 Apr 27, 2012
Well, I gots to go. I've noticed A SHITLOAD of spelling errors over on the Ironton forum that I need to address...

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

#22 Apr 27, 2012
You should brush up on your grammer

gots to go sounds juvenile, slang and moronic to me.

'Scuse me I's gots to go. Blabber atcha later.

I gotcher spelling correction, hanging richere my little man er rat (cab driving rodent).

Just kidding! Had you going there didn't I?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grocery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America Loves Muslim Food. So Much for a Clash ... Sep 15 Stephany McDowell 12
News 'I apologize to the LGBT community': Texas past... Aug 30 Scotty Steiner 15
ALDI Grocery Store (Mar '08) Aug '16 Iwillrun4fun 44
News Here's the best reason of all to drink organic ... Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 1
News Profits fall at Ingles Markets (Feb '09) Aug '16 true 94
Okay,,,so whats the deal with Shaws ?? (Oct '10) Jul '16 AnyoneElse 2
News Feds: Whole Foods can't trademark 'world's heal... Jul '16 bill gatez 1
More from around the web