Foreclosure decision made on Tippy's Bar and Grill

Full story: WisInfo

MANITOWOC - Robert Dobbs has until May 1 to pay Tippy's Bar and Grill property owner Tim Tomchek the remaining amount on the land contract or the Two Rivers establishment will revert to Tomchek, Manitowoc County Circuit Judge Darryl Deets decided Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Dissatisfied Customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

Robert Dobbs needs to stop pretending to be a businessman and get a real life. He is wasting the time and money of alot of good people.
SC Voter

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

Apparently, Mr. Dobbs is moving to SC to run for the state senate. After a bit of cursory research, I'm concerned about his lack of integrity and motives for leaving Two Rivers. Is there anyone who might be able to shed some light on this guy since he's trying to get elected as a major player in SC politics?
Another SC Voter

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

Robert Dobbs is a complete joke.

Donít worry folks.

He will never be taken seriously as a candidate in South Carolina. We know what carpetbaggers are.
Another SC Voter

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

Robert Dobbs is a complete joke. He will just make a fool of himself, if he hasn't already done enough of that up in Wisconsin.

Donít worry folks. He will never be taken seriously as a candidate in South Carolina. We know what carpetbaggers are.
SC Voter

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

I hope you're right. After some more research, I've learned that he's in arrears on his child support payments to the tune of almost $4000 and he is apparently lying about his military experience.
Amused

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

A bit obvious that someone calls themselves an "SC Voter" but they are from Fayetteville? Gee, who could that be? Ah yes, the ex-wife. As of today it has been confirmed that your claim of child support is denied since you lack a court order and any credibility. Make a phone call to the agency and they can break the news to you. You wasted our time, our attorney's time and the agency's time. Get a life and quit using your daughter as a paycheck. She's an adult (and I've talked to her since she left you again...so don't even pretend to speak for her.). Your obsession with your ex-husband and apparent self-entitlement is getting old. If you continue, you can be made a fool of in court again. Want to go another round in front of Judge Steele? Has it really come to this? Going on the internet for your petty revenge.
Mr. Tomchek may have TR and his gambling ring. But the FBI, IRS, state of WI and TRPD detectives have an open case...you know, the people who's opinion actually matters. He's facing a civil suit. He'll hang his own rope with his felonious activities. Robert lost a small business and given that happens to 40-50% of small businesses within the first two years...not a compelling story. He's already moved on. So should you.
Oh, and one more thing....Robert's military experience is on record.
Unless you are perfect, never failed or made mistakes...don't bother.
-Kirsten
Not Amused

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Amused,

Dobbs claims he was a combat veteran in the 82nd Airborne. During the period he was in the Army, there were no combat operations involving the 82nd.

The incident you with him on or around Oct 31st of 2008 is in the public record and can easily be Googled. Try it.

Lakeshore update
Herald Times Reporter - Manitowoc, Wis.
Date: Oct 31, 2008
Start Page: A.6
Text Word Count: 1289

All the lawsuits and such he has had are also in the public records. Folks in SC don't like all that.

Politics here are nasty. I would advise you to tell your husband to stay out of the race, but it is your life, so do what is best for your family.

Good luck.
Excuses

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Judged:

For anyone who has lived their entire life in Two Rivers Wi. I am sorry! for those of you who went to college and realized that Two Rivers is a failing community with no hope I wish you the best. One thing the long time residence don't understand is change. Change is good people and certain people had enough enthusiasim to implement change including Robert Dobbs among many others in the community. Maybe the bar business was not such a good idea, like others that have tried in the past two years and failed. The big problem is not the owners of these establishments it's the patrons.Most of you which have several OWIs under your belts which limits you from venturing out to vist other places in the area.So this means you have to walk to your local bar sit there until your all plastered up and start talkig shit about everyone else. You people are pathetic! you are step below a looser. So what if Dobbs business failed, just like Kirsten said it was a SMALL business and it happens. You people need to move on and take care of you own problems! I would suggest if anyone had a pair of BALLS get rid of your City president he is a looser!!! You need change people get off you asses and make it happen. I dred comming back to that shit hole of a town to see the same faces.good luck Tippy in your new bar I hope it works for you I am sure you will see the same idiots come and go..Really people if you all the same personality as that idiot from the Blue Goose I would just shoot myself. Now he tops the cake on morons...Your girlfriend give it up by the way watch her.
Uber-Amused

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Hahahahahaha, awesome! I just love it when these idiots and their wives are duped into airing dirty laundry online. Especially when they think it will somehow assist them in a political race. Robert and his wife are a joke, but you are correct "Amused", his military experience is on record. PUBLIC record in fact. I requested them using the Freedom of Information Act and guess what I learned??? He was a supply clerk, SGT/E-5 with...wait for it...ZERO (that's 0, nada, zip, zilch) time in any combat zone...anywhere...ever!!! Hilarious! But don't feel bad, he's a starving politician. They all lie, apparently especially to their wives. Wonder what else he's been lying about, hmmmmm. Oh well, something to think about. What a feckless loser.
Glad I Left

Oregon, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Excuses wrote:
For anyone who has lived their entire life in Two Rivers Wi. I am sorry! for those of you who went to college and realized that Two Rivers is a failing community with no hope I wish you the best. One thing the long time residence don't understand is change. Change is good people and certain people had enough enthusiasim to implement change including Robert Dobbs among many others in the community. Maybe the bar business was not such a good idea, like others that have tried in the past two years and failed. The big problem is not the owners of these establishments it's the patrons.Most of you which have several OWIs under your belts which limits you from venturing out to vist other places in the area.So this means you have to walk to your local bar sit there until your all plastered up and start talkig shit about everyone else. You people are pathetic! you are step below a looser. So what if Dobbs business failed, just like Kirsten said it was a SMALL business and it happens. You people need to move on and take care of you own problems! I would suggest if anyone had a pair of BALLS get rid of your City president he is a looser!!! You need change people get off you asses and make it happen. I dred comming back to that shit hole of a town to see the same faces.good luck Tippy in your new bar I hope it works for you I am sure you will see the same idiots come and go..Really people if you all the same personality as that idiot from the Blue Goose I would just shoot myself. Now he tops the cake on morons...Your girlfriend give it up by the way watch her.

I left Manotowoc in 1885. I came back last year to visit some old friends while I was passing through. Not a damn thing had changed. I thought how lucky I was to get out of there to see the real world and what a waste that so many from Manitowoc dont. There is a life outside of the bar and every one should see it.
Impressed

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Must've been some seriously old friends, lol.
Tony the small tiger

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Manitowoc is a dump. no jobs. same simple minded numskulls.
sassygryl

Manitowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I agree, most Manitowoc residents are very simple minded and this city is a craphole with nothing to offer, u can leave for 5 yrs and come home to visit and same ppl are sitting in the same bars on same stools bitching bout the same thing....pathetic...so glad I left, best thing I ever did!!!!!!!!!!

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Jan 09

Scenic Manitowoc County WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

I left Manitowoc in 1984. I then lived and worked all across North America. I travelled around the world. Three years ago I moved back and now live in Two Rivers.

It is safe. It is cheap. I am a 45-90 minute drive away from big city "culture.". I own a beautiful house that cost 1/10th of what it would have cost in the other places I lived.

And I have news for you: there are "loosers" everywhere. There are people sitting on barstools right now from NYC to London to Paris to Moscow to Bejing complaining about the same things day after day. The fact that you think this is unique to Manitowoc or Two Rivers really only shows how little you have seen of the world and how little you know about life and human beings.
Mike

Vernon Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2014

Kinder and Gentler Phil wrote:
I left Manitowoc in 1984. I then lived and worked all across North America. I travelled around the world. Three years ago I moved back and now live in Two Rivers.
It is safe. It is cheap. I am a 45-90 minute drive away from big city "culture.". I own a beautiful house that cost 1/10th of what it would have cost in the other places I lived.
And I have news for you: there are "loosers" everywhere. There are people sitting on barstools right now from NYC to London to Paris to Moscow to Bejing complaining about the same things day after day. The fact that you think this is unique to Manitowoc or Two Rivers really only shows how little you have seen of the world and how little you know about life and human beings.
I couldn't agree with you more Phil. I was born and raised in the Chicago area and have spent my entire adult life (I'm 51) traveling around the country and world for work and vacations. In 2013 I bought a home in Two Rivers because I love the area. Low crime, low cost of living, decent people. The grass may always seem greener somewhere else, but as far as I'm concerned it's "browner" in the big cities with all the crime, corruption, and degenerates.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Foreclosures Discussions

Search the Foreclosures Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Tue ozzy911 40
NEAL v. KETCHUM Jul 16 Darrel 1
Storm damage hurt business, attorney says (Jul '13) Jul 11 jorgelopez 3
3 arrested in alleged housing scam (Oct '08) Jul 1 Victim 37
DuVal's Lee Hindin in debt - The Park Record (Nov '09) Jun '14 Mary 31
With no place to go (Apr '11) Jun '14 Petal Power 185
Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Jun '14 swedenforever 7
•••
•••