Charlottesville Foreclosures On The Rise

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The number of families being forced out of their homes in the Charlottesville has gone up considerably.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
UNK

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Captain Obvious wrote:
But... Obama promised!!
Please listen to the national report, C'ville's market is the worse because of the University and the number one place to live survey (so called #1). Please remember that C'ville income level is very low and the overall cost of living in C'ville is extremely high. No match what so ever for a President who gets mocked at for trying to correct a former “take all” President.
Bob

Dublin, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

What does cville expect with overpriced homes and equally overpriced rentals.
The average wage earners cannot keep
paying these crazy prices.
Wake up cville look at the downtown mall,
now there's a real success story.
Maybe they can find a few more millions for a brick pavement oh no that can't happen
that money was already pissed away.
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

lord wrote:
<quoted text>The article quoted Albermarle Sheriff Chip Harding as saying evictions due to foreclosure are increasing. Who does the sheriff work for anyhow, the people of Albermarle or some out of state foreign owned bank that has paid millions to lobbyists to get billions of our money from our corrupt government? During the Great Depression the people of some communities had the courage and decency to stand together as neighbors against foreclosures, and the public officials apparently had enough instinct for self preservation to stand with them. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Yeah, I don't know the answer to any of the issues you raise here. I do know that in certain situations law enforcement officers have to make really terrible choices; situations where there is no good choice. During Katrina for example; imagine being ordered to report to work while the water is rising around your home and family.(Not to mention during Isabel right here in Virginia.) Or imagine being ordered to report to work during a blizzard while you family sits with no power, unable to leave the house (been there done that.) Same thing with civil process papers; imagine being ordered to forcibly evict a family who refuses to leave a foreclosed home. Fortunately that is not all that common - it is much more common with renters - but it does happen. Not sure how common in Albemarle County though. But duty is not a fuzzy concept; for any public service position or for military. You are sworn, you took an oath; so you must be prepared for that and the choices it will undoubtedly require you to make. Not easy. But our country - and all the good countries of the world - depend on those who uphold that concept.
bad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

BOB wrote:
<quoted text>yes and he said it could not be done over night.It will take years and years so don't expect a quick fix!
It's the lending institutions not assessing your financial background wheter you can afford to buy a home and keep up the payments.
Obama promised change and that's all you are left with-bankrupcy! So how's that change going for you now?
Ron

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Dark Side wrote:
<quoted text>
May I remind you Obamanation did the same stupid thing!!!
You people keep saying the same thing and you are wrong. You are making stuff up. BUSH DID THE BAIL OUTS, BUSH DID THE BAIL OUTS BUSH DID THE BAIL OUTS. Both people who started them were republican appointed.
Ron

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

UNK wrote:
<quoted text>
Please listen to the national report, C'ville's market is the worse because of the University and the number one place to live survey (so called #1). Please remember that C'ville income level is very low and the overall cost of living in C'ville is extremely high. No match what so ever for a President who gets mocked at for trying to correct a former “take all” President.
Good comment ,you are correct.
Ron

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

lord wrote:
<quoted text>The article quoted Albermarle Sheriff Chip Harding as saying evictions due to foreclosure are increasing. Who does the sheriff work for anyhow, the people of Albermarle or some out of state foreign owned bank that has paid millions to lobbyists to get billions of our money from our corrupt government? During the Great Depression the people of some communities had the courage and decency to stand together as neighbors against foreclosures, and the public officials apparently had enough instinct for self preservation to stand with them. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Chip Harding is a republican. Don't tell me you have a problem with a republican.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>You people keep saying the same thing and you are wrong. You are making stuff up. BUSH DID THE BAIL OUTS, BUSH DID THE BAIL OUTS BUSH DID THE BAIL OUTS. Both people who started them were republican appointed.
GM, AIG, FANNIE AND FREDDIE. Bush was not office for these bailouts you dear leader was. Are you really this stupid?
lord

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

CvilleGordo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't know the answer to any of the issues you raise here. I do know that in certain situations law enforcement officers have to make really terrible choices; situations where there is no good choice.
There are situations with no easy answers, like a career military officer who chooses to refuse an order to raise attention to a greater question: Is Barrack Hussein Obama legally qualified to be president of the United States - http://www.wnd.com/... -
Along that line of reasoning, banks have been engaged in some abusive and illegal practices, mainly tacking on fees, not recognizing timely payments, making agreements and then breaking them, lying about communications with mortgagees, and more. The mortgagee is at a severe disadvantage in court, coming up against the banks attorneys and their likely fabricated evidence. The laws favor the banks because the banks paid Congress to write laws in their favor. The courts take the statements of bank representatives at face value and force the mortgagee to prove the banks wrong. I would imagine that a person who has been treated unreasonably and possibly fraudulently by a bank with the aid and support of the courts would be rightfully angry at being evicted by an agent of the state to whom they pay their taxes.
lord

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

http://www.military.com/news/article/birther-... - This is a more up to date link on Lt.Col. Lakin
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

lord wrote:
<quoted text>There are situations with no easy answers, like a career military officer who chooses to refuse an order to raise attention to a greater question: Is Barrack Hussein Obama legally qualified to be president of the United States - http://www.wnd.com/... -
Along that line of reasoning, banks have been engaged in some abusive and illegal practices, mainly tacking on fees, not recognizing timely payments, making agreements and then breaking them, lying about communications with mortgagees, and more. The mortgagee is at a severe disadvantage in court, coming up against the banks attorneys and their likely fabricated evidence. The laws favor the banks because the banks paid Congress to write laws in their favor. The courts take the statements of bank representatives at face value and force the mortgagee to prove the banks wrong. I would imagine that a person who has been treated unreasonably and possibly fraudulently by a bank with the aid and support of the courts would be rightfully angry at being evicted by an agent of the state to whom they pay their taxes.
Having experienced some of these things first hand from multiple aspects, I can assure you that banks do indeed treat people unreasonably. One thing people discover when loans are accelerated and move towards foreclosure is that different departments in banks do not necessarily talk to each other; while one department (loss mitigation) may tell you that a pending loan modification application will result in an automatic suspension of foreclosure proceedings/sale; other departments (foreclosure department) will continue full steam ahead with foreclosure actions irregardless. Customer service will continue with collections actions irregardless. Of course all of this is stated in the terms of any loan modification program agreement; but the bottom line is this; once a sale is scheduled, you better come up with the cash to bring the loan current and cancel the sale, because a pending modification application is NOT going to save your home. And once a sale happens; showing that loan modificaation agreement to the officers who serve you with a notice to vacate the residence is not going to help. They will certainly feel for you - but they can't do anything about it.
Captain Obvious

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>You people keep saying the same thing and you are wrong. You are making stuff up. BUSH DID THE BAIL OUTS, BUSH DID THE BAIL OUTS BUSH DID THE BAIL OUTS. Both people who started them were republican appointed.
LOL repeating it ad nauseum will not make it so, ronbo. Congress pushed the bailouts... and who controlled congress for the bulk of the previous presidential term?

Say it with me here, ronnie, I know you like repeating stuff.

THE DEMOCRATS!

That's right, ronbot. The chambers were markedly blue during that time. Blame your heroes, they're the ones screwing everyone.
lord

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

CvilleGordo wrote:
<quoted text>
And once a sale happens; showing that loan modificaation agreement to the officers who serve you with a notice to vacate the residence is not going to help. They will certainly feel for you - but they can't do anything about it.
That sounds like a terrible day to have to come home after for the deputy charged with that unpleasant task of carrying out the eviction. I wonder how many banking executives would ever have the guts to face the people you have had to encounter?
It sounds as if the loan modification department is providing a subterfuge for the bank to take possession of the home. What ever happened to apparent authority, if a homeowner holds a loan modification document, that should be binding? If customer service chooses to ignore the agreement made by another department, that is felonious abuse of process. It sounds like the banks upper management is acting in a fraudulent and criminal manner, and in spite of what it says on page 47 of the fine print, I think it is the banks upper management and attorneys who ought to be unhappy about seeing the man with the badge and the gun. In fact I think face down with a knee in the small of the back would be in order.
Alas, I must support the law proposed in Congress to create a new regulatory agency with virtually unlimited power to impose rules of conduct, fines, and criminal sanctions on the banking industry, that industry has caused the situation that justifies the act. I would hope that such regulation would take some of the heat off of struggling families and court officers.
Dark Side

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Ron wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1233711196610...

Is your ignorance really bliss?!
true

Farmville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

where is obaaaama? stimulus is working just give it a chance, just ask the bankers who did the damage- and payed off for doing it.
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

lord wrote:
<quoted text> That sounds like a terrible day to have to come home after for the deputy charged with that unpleasant task of carrying out the eviction. I wonder how many banking executives would ever have the guts to face the people you have had to encounter?
It sounds as if the loan modification department is providing a subterfuge for the bank to take possession of the home. What ever happened to apparent authority, if a homeowner holds a loan modification document, that should be binding? If customer service chooses to ignore the agreement made by another department, that is felonious abuse of process. It sounds like the banks upper management is acting in a fraudulent and criminal manner, and in spite of what it says on page 47 of the fine print, I think it is the banks upper management and attorneys who ought to be unhappy about seeing the man with the badge and the gun. In fact I think face down with a knee in the small of the back would be in order.
Alas, I must support the law proposed in Congress to create a new regulatory agency with virtually unlimited power to impose rules of conduct, fines, and criminal sanctions on the banking industry, that industry has caused the situation that justifies the act. I would hope that such regulation would take some of the heat off of struggling families and court officers.
Considering that banks are stuck with thousands of upside down mortgages; or losing outright when properties are auctioned at foreclosure, it makes no sense - you would think banks would get their acts together; there almost has to be an underlying reason they are allowing this to happen on this scale when supposedly there are so many ways to prevent foreclosures. In so many cases it looks to me like they just screw people out of their homes out of sheer incompetence. There are so many nuances that trip people up. For example; when a modification agreement is signed, pending final approval by the top level lendor (Fannie May, etc.) there is a smaller "trial period" payment while the modification process is pending. Borrowers are told they must make three such payments.
At the end of that period, the bank comes back and tells them they will soon receive a letter with the final decision and the final amount (new payment). If the trial payments are made, it is supposed to automatically prevent foreclosure, but it doesn't. Once the lendor rejects an application after that 90 days (and far more are rejected than approved) the smaller trial period payments actually hurt people as the bank doesn't count them as full payments, they don't even apply them, and it all rolls into the huge amount needed to reinstate the loan.(Usually about 6 months total plus fees.). They also reject payments. They are supposed to send out a letter when a modification application is denied and inform the borrower that all payments must now be the full standard payment amount, but people say they never saw these (or maybe they are just buried in the nonstop collections notices they get from the bank, regardless of a modification). Payments made by direct debit and by Western Union get rejected really often. The Western Union scenario is a nightmare. They get a regular mail letter from Western Union which advises them that their funds (could be a large amount) were not accepted by the bank and can be picked up at the western union office. People just don't expect a wired payment to be returned, and they commonly say they never saw this letter so they had no idea they had a mortgage payment sitting unpaid, funds floating around in western union's account waiting for them to come pick it up. If they happen not to have their original paperwork, or if a name is mispelled, address wrong, anything; it can take them 1-2 weeks to get their funds back as Western Union will have to verify this with the bank. That's just one of the things that can go wrong; the system is NOT designed to save homes.
GoUVa

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

For you bailout whiners, I recommend you visiting the Sarah Palin Mania, Sarah Palin Bloopers site on Youtube. During the 2008 campaign the republicans were preaching bailouts also. If McCain were President, he would have done the exact same thing. You people already know this though but you just want to complain. You should still look at the site though, it will make your day laughing at the idiot who could have been vice president. Thank God for the republican party who have given us comedians like George Bush and Sarah Palin to brighten your day.
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

GoUVa wrote:
For you bailout whiners, I recommend you visiting the Sarah Palin Mania, Sarah Palin Bloopers site on Youtube. During the 2008 campaign the republicans were preaching bailouts also. If McCain were President, he would have done the exact same thing. You people already know this though but you just want to complain. You should still look at the site though, it will make your day laughing at the idiot who could have been vice president. Thank God for the republican party who have given us comedians like George Bush and Sarah Palin to brighten your day.
But most of all, thank the Lord for liberal talking point parrots like yourself. We all need a good belly laugh every day. Barack Hussein Obama, mmm, mmm, mmm.
Cville is safe

Ruckersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

So sad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Foreclosures Discussions

Search the Foreclosures Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pasco setting up foreclosure registry (Oct '10) Sat Elise Gingerich 3
Phoenix Real Estate: Low Demand for Homes, High... Apr 11 Hyme 2
How to spend $350 billion in 77 days (Dec '08) Apr 4 black satin_uuuuu -- 8
Democrats want pay limits, loan aid in bailout (Sep '08) Mar 29 Lief CHIEF 73
Kelseyville man struggles to save his home (May '08) Mar 27 Paynus Large 26
Problems In The Housing Market (Aug '08) Mar 27 meriwetherlewis 7
Banks asking for credit card debt forgiveness (Oct '08) Mar 26 BPT 25
•••
•••