Charlottesville Foreclosures On The Rise

Charlottesville Foreclosures On The Rise

There are 59 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 1, 2010, titled Charlottesville Foreclosures On The Rise. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The number of families being forced out of their homes in the Charlottesville has gone up considerably.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

yepper

Winchester, VA

#21 Jun 2, 2010
thinking free wrote:
Can you imagine a man with a gun coming to your home and ordering you and your children to leave. And this guy wears a badge? Has to be a nightmare for some people. Thank The Incorporated States of America.
Can you imagine someone borrowing 200k from you and not paying you back? I believe this is called stealing.

“Politically Incorrect since 71”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#22 Jun 2, 2010
yepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine someone borrowing 200k from you and not paying you back? I believe this is called stealing.
While I feel for those who lose their homes, sadly, this statement is true.
Ron

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Jun 2, 2010
true wrote:
<quoted text>
he didnt mean to promise, he miss read the telepromtor the screen was too small. the real promise was to loot and rob you of your money and share it with his banker masters
May I remind you that Bush did the bail outs!!!!!!!!!!
yepper

Winchester, VA

#24 Jun 2, 2010
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>May I remind you that Bush did the bail outs!!!!!!!!!!
Nice try hippie. This year is all Obama and his cronies.
RNR

Free Union, VA

#25 Jun 2, 2010
keckie wrote:
<quoted text>
While I feel for those who lose their homes, sadly, this statement is true.
alot of people lost their jobs that why they couldn't pay the mortgage, they didn't purposely default
RNR

Free Union, VA

#26 Jun 2, 2010
thinking free wrote:
Can you imagine a man with a gun coming to your home and ordering you and your children to leave. And this guy wears a badge? Has to be a nightmare for some people. Thank The Incorporated States of America.
that's not how foreclosure happens. there is a sale date and then the family has 30 days to be out. there is none of that crap you stated
citizen

Nathalie, VA

#27 Jun 2, 2010
The rental market is doing quite well now. Many who can't pay their mortgage have rented their homes out and have made alternate housing plans for themselves until things get steadier, such as renting a home out of town where it's cheaper,living with relatives, etc. These people will probably save their homes and come out of all this okay. Taking in a renter to help pay the mortgage is another option. If a person is flexible they may well be able to save their home.
true

Stuart, VA

#28 Jun 2, 2010
citizen wrote:
The rental market is doing quite well now. Many who can't pay their mortgage have rented their homes out and have made alternate housing plans for themselves until things get steadier, such as renting a home out of town where it's cheaper,living with relatives, etc. These people will probably save their homes and come out of all this okay. Taking in a renter to help pay the mortgage is another option. If a person is flexible they may well be able to save their home.
not if obaama globalist have there way and collapse this country by 2012. ov couse we dont believe this junk but these government heathens believe very much in the occult and are bent and determined
cbunny

Charlottesville, VA

#29 Jun 2, 2010
RNR wrote:
I urge anybody who wants to try and keep their house out of foreclosure to seek the ADVICE of a bankruptcy attorney. There are many options but only a bankruptcy attorney can give you accurate advice, not your neighbor, not your sister, not your co-worker. Don't wait until 2 days b4 the sale, if you're behind call an attorney. Its so sad to know of all the people who have lost their homes and those who are facing the loss because they just didn't know what to do. Make a call!
Ambulance Chaser ...
true

Stuart, VA

#30 Jun 2, 2010
RNR wrote:
I urge anybody who wants to try and keep their house out of foreclosure to seek the ADVICE of a bankruptcy attorney. There are many options but only a bankruptcy attorney can give you accurate advice, not your neighbor, not your sister, not your co-worker. Don't wait until 2 days b4 the sale, if you're behind call an attorney. Its so sad to know of all the people who have lost their homes and those who are facing the loss because they just didn't know what to do. Make a call!
nahhh, you dont have to lose your house obaaaaama will save you the stimulus works just ask him, he's saving jobs everywhere(over seas mostly) goldman sachs and the bankster gang are out to help you, you have no worrys
Miss Fritz

Rice, VA

#31 Jun 2, 2010
Don't believe this story! Does Henry Graff consult any other real estate agents besides Jim Duncan? Or is he just trying to stir fear and speculation - like we don't have enough already? What about the city tax office Henry, and the docket of property transfers? Any idea of how to get a BALANCED story ???
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#32 Jun 2, 2010
RNR wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not how foreclosure happens. there is a sale date and then the family has 30 days to be out. there is none of that crap you stated
But if you are NOT out after 30 days, you will indeed see the man with a badge and a gun.
RNR

Free Union, VA

#33 Jun 2, 2010
cbunny wrote:
<quoted text> Ambulance Chaser ...
I'm not attorney but I used to work for one and I loved doing my job, we helped people save they're homes and their sanity. Its people w/ your attitude that give bankruptcy such a bad rap
Captain Obvious

Charlottesville, VA

#34 Jun 2, 2010
Ron wrote:
Ummm... nope. The Democrat heavy congress did it.
true

Stuart, VA

#35 Jun 2, 2010
i wouldnt want to live in that liberal crack town anyway
lord

United States

#36 Jun 2, 2010
CvilleGordo wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you are NOT out after 30 days, you will indeed see the man with a badge and a gun.
The article quoted Albermarle Sheriff Chip Harding as saying evictions due to foreclosure are increasing. Who does the sheriff work for anyhow, the people of Albermarle or some out of state foreign owned bank that has paid millions to lobbyists to get billions of our money from our corrupt government? During the Great Depression the people of some communities had the courage and decency to stand together as neighbors against foreclosures, and the public officials apparently had enough instinct for self preservation to stand with them. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
true

Stuart, VA

#37 Jun 2, 2010
lord wrote:
<quoted text>The article quoted Albermarle Sheriff Chip Harding as saying evictions due to foreclosure are increasing. Who does the sheriff work for anyhow, the people of Albermarle or some out of state foreign owned bank that has paid millions to lobbyists to get billions of our money from our corrupt government? During the Great Depression the people of some communities had the courage and decency to stand together as neighbors against foreclosures, and the public officials apparently had enough instinct for self preservation to stand with them. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
we pray it be so, i hope to hear of the arrest of a great many politicians someday
Joe

United States

#38 Jun 2, 2010
And I am sure the landlords are gouging these people who were foreclosed on. Oh.... your credit is BAD so you need 2 months rent for deposit. And they know these people need to find housing, so they are charging more rent than if it was someone who was in a better situation. My personal opinion is that consumer (credit) reports should not be used for rentals.
Dark Side

Charlottesville, VA

#39 Jun 2, 2010
Ron wrote:
May I remind you Obamanation did the same stupid thing!!!
true

Stuart, VA

#40 Jun 3, 2010
but the government owned media says economy is picking up, haha im beging to see that liberal media is starting to just f-with people by seeing how much they can lie one week then turn around with another counter lie the next, must be some kind of test they are running

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foreclosures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Positive public works (Nov '08) Sep 14 george 2
News Rent Confusion: Milwaukee renters caught in cro... (Feb '10) Sep 11 xyz 18
News Foreclosures: Joe Firmani wants to buy a diamon... (Apr '09) Jun '17 jpedonti 5
News America's consumer financial sheriff and the ho... May '17 tomin cali 1
News Former City Council candidate charged with larc... May '17 Danco for Justice 1
News Mnuchin Treasury Hearing May Be Dominated by 'F... (Feb '17) Mar '17 Johnpalumbo49 2
News Bridgeport Attorney Pleads Guilty To Scheme To ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 judges indabag 2
More from around the web