Is Obama Rich? Yes, and He Shouldn't Be Afraid to Say It

Jan 24, 2012 | Posted by: Politix Staff Ed | Full story: www.theroot.com

Politics Staff Feature

"Before Obama can sell a tax increase on the wealthy, he has to establish himself as one of the wealthy," says David Swerdick of The Root.

Instead of singling out Romney or talking in the abstract about "millionaires and billionaires" paying their "fair share," Obama can make the case more effectively if he clearly identifies himself as one of those millionaires whose taxes would be raised. He should flatly say: "Michelle and I are rich. Our kids are set for life. But we should pay a little more in taxes -- and we just hope that our fellow millionaires agree."

Your take: Should Obama admit he's rich? Will that make his tax plans seem less like "class warfare"?

Comments
61 - 73 of 73 Comments Last updated Jun 12, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
art Swenson

Lowville, NY

#64 Jan 29, 2012
Yup if you go to youtube and search inglorious bumblers click see annotaions theres a message at the begining of the film to not re elect Obama Cheneys a tricky man lol
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#65 Jan 30, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
do you ever see any racist, black rhetoric on topix?
Nope. Not at all.... Just like you never see any white racist rhetoric on topix.....

Since: Feb 11

Love Land

#66 Jan 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>you will have to show me where the Reagans were preaching class envy and class warfare 24/7, and talking about how the rich were the last curse in the bible. The Obama's have hung their hats on attacking the rich, while chalking up miles and milse of fuel expenst to many luxury vacations, outing, vast parties and expensive clothing. I could care less, but at least Bush had the brains and heart to say I am not going to play golf anymore because of what's happening to America.......he didn't double down on tee times and vacations like the Obama's.
Lol... Yeh Bush is a shining example of a hard worker. Like when it took him damn near a week to send help to the hurricane Katrina victims??? He cared more about his vacation. He's a southern bumpkin who had no business running this country.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#67 Jan 31, 2012
Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Yeh Bush is a shining example of a hard worker. Like when it took him damn near a week to send help to the hurricane Katrina victims??? He cared more about his vacation. He's a southern bumpkin who had no business running this country.
That's incorrect. They had two day warnings by the hour. You want blame, place in on Nagin that ran off to Houston to a luxury Hotel at the publics expense, or the liberal govenor that wouldn't give Bush the authority to come in and take over. You are getting to be the normal loon..........but still a hoot.

Love Land

#68 Jan 31, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>That's incorrect. They had two day warnings by the hour. You want blame, place in on Nagin that ran off to Houston to a luxury Hotel at the publics expense, or the liberal govenor that wouldn't give Bush the authority to come in and take over. You are getting to be the normal loon..........but still a hoot.
So let me get this straight. Bush was allowing people to die of illness,, starve and wallow in a catastrophe because he was waiting on the governor to "let" him act?

Bwaaaahaa

Lebimbo, how many glasses of wine have you had? Surely you're not thinking clearly.

Paris

#69 Jan 31, 2012
Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight. Bush was allowing people to die of illness,, starve and wallow in a catastrophe because he was waiting on the governor to "let" him act?
Bwaaaahaa
Lebimbo, how many glasses of wine have you had? Surely you're not thinking clearly.
You digress to loondum. Too bad so sad.

Paris

#70 Jan 31, 2012
Obama runs up another trillion-dollar deficit...

CBO says real unemployment at 10%... Straight from the governments mouth.......Obama lied again with his 8.5%.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#71 Jan 31, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Obama runs up another trillion-dollar deficit...
CBO says real unemployment at 10%... Straight from the governments mouth.......Obama lied again with his 8.5%.
No baby...white greed ran that deficit up.

Paris

#72 Jan 31, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>No baby...white greed ran that deficit up.
Ignorance Abounds in your DNA.
CBO Is Official.

Fore MO Years My Arse....Da Boy Gots To Go.

Federal taxes to jump 30% in 2 years...

REPORT: AOL LOSES TRAFFIC SINCE HUFFPO BUY...
So much for the liberal message boards.

CBO says real unemployment at 10%...Not the
claimed 8.5% by Obama

Obama Tells Woman:'Interesting' Husband Can't Find Job... Why there's lots of jobs Obama said. My reports show it...hahahahahah.

Love Land

#73 Jan 31, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You digress to loondum. Too bad so sad.
oh hush up, lebimbo.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#74 Jan 31, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorance Abounds in your DNA.
CBO Is Official.
Fore MO Years My Arse....Da Boy Gots To Go.
Federal taxes to jump 30% in 2 years...
REPORT: AOL LOSES TRAFFIC SINCE HUFFPO BUY...
So much for the liberal message boards.
CBO says real unemployment at 10%...Not the
claimed 8.5% by Obama
Obama Tells Woman:'Interesting' Husband Can't Find Job... Why there's lots of jobs Obama said. My reports show it...hahahahahah.
Perfect example of white ignorance here...

Paris

#75 Jan 31, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect example of white ignorance here...
A racial slure about the Congression Budget Office.........Usually Obama's Bible......strange. Maybe they didn't get the memo to lie again for Obama as they did with Obama Scare.

MF Corzine raised $500,000 for Obama...but can't find 1.2 billion of his clients money..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77 Jun 12, 2012
Every president is rich

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foreclosures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mortgage fraud charges snare 22 in South Florida (Jun '08) 20 hr Integrity 130
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Aug 26 Plain Simple 16
Storm damage hurt business, attorney says (Jul '13) Aug 26 Tricked in the past 4
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Aug 23 Wiginout 44
Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Aug 21 Swedenforever 8
Summit County on pace for same amount of forecl... Aug 16 Norm DePlume 6
Remodel reality show highlights Monterey Bay life Aug 16 Ooooh Jeffie 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Foreclosures People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••