Is Obama Rich? Yes, and He Shouldn't ...

Is Obama Rich? Yes, and He Shouldn't Be Afraid to Say It

There are 73 comments on the www.theroot.com story from Jan 24, 2012, titled Is Obama Rich? Yes, and He Shouldn't Be Afraid to Say It. In it, www.theroot.com reports that:

Politics Staff Feature

"Before Obama can sell a tax increase on the wealthy, he has to establish himself as one of the wealthy," says David Swerdick of The Root.

Instead of singling out Romney or talking in the abstract about "millionaires and billionaires" paying their "fair share," Obama can make the case more effectively if he clearly identifies himself as one of those millionaires whose taxes would be raised. He should flatly say: "Michelle and I are rich. Our kids are set for life. But we should pay a little more in taxes -- and we just hope that our fellow millionaires agree."

Your take: Should Obama admit he's rich? Will that make his tax plans seem less like "class warfare"?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theroot.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Commandant Klink

Höst, Germany

#1 Jan 24, 2012
His boss Soros made him rich.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Jan 24, 2012
Commandant Klink wrote:
His boss Soros made him rich.
That and having organizations buy his books as a new form of money laundering.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#3 Jan 24, 2012
lol. So ya mean he's trying to increase his own share of taxes by getting rid of tax loopholes for the rich?

Wow, I guess that makes him evil like rich repubs in the House say he is.

...oh wait, did topix righwingnut posters just get walked to the "well of sarcastically-speaking" by the nose, too roughly just then? Opps
Caribou Barbie

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jan 24, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
lol. So ya mean he's trying to increase his own share of taxes by getting rid of tax loopholes for the rich?
...oh wait, did topix righwingnut posters just get walked to the "well of sarcastically-speaking" by the nose, too roughly just then? Opps
You are one retarded jackass. How many names are you posting under today?

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#6 Jan 24, 2012
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm, just one. You thinking the idiot that made my comeback had to be me?

LOL...sweet. I love it. Ok, back to your support of nation-building in Iraq, or something just as stupid.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#7 Jan 24, 2012
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Opps, without the typo, I was asking if you thought the idiot that made my comeback RESPONSE so easy was me?
Out with the ObomiNation

Orange, CA

#8 Jan 24, 2012
Justice Clarence Thomas boycotted Obama tonight.
LOL

Michael Moore should be happy every single of the "Stupid White Men" as he calls them, from the Supreme Court showed up......but he's a typical Democrat who hates himself for being obese. Michelle tells him not to hate black skin color but go ahead and hate your obesity. Democrats at odds with each other, making themselves miserable over stereotypes.
tony martinezs

Speculator, NY

#9 Jan 24, 2012
Obama made the state dept buy his book to build a nest egg crook
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#10 Jan 24, 2012
Isn't "rich" relative to Romney? LOLLibrul.
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#11 Jan 24, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
This is a "spin" that will be hard to spin and will make the repubs go crazy with "envy" as the repubes beat the "class warfare" drum and scratch the worn out propaganda violin!

Fun to watch though!
Otis B Driftwood

Sayville, NY

#12 Jan 24, 2012
America was rich once before the Kenyan Commie took office.
Stratton

Dedham, MA

#13 Jan 24, 2012
So let me get this straight. Newt Gingrich working for Freddie Mac is "influence peddling", but Obama somehow getting rich despite never having held a productive or high-paying job in his life is....what?

“Kenyan Constitution Cannibal”

Since: Jan 12

Witchdoctor Head Shrinker

#14 Jan 24, 2012
Otis B Driftwood wrote:
America was rich once before the Kenyan Commie took office.
And it will be again, once the Kenyan lizard is sentenced to life on a rockpile in a federal pen -- or returned to his homeland where his headshrinking witchdoctors will boil his subversive communist ass in a cannibal pot to feed the tribe. As long as every tribal homie gets to eat his "fair share".
Dances with Wolves

Baltimore, MD

#16 Jan 25, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
Self Interest.

He is willing to pay more taxes to the Government so, as President, he can spend more Governments funds on himself, his family and his supporters. He can use more tax dollars to bribe special interests because, as President (and without a budget) he could use the extra money to line his own pockets and in his own interests, like setting up a new bank account for himself.

On the other hand, maybe it was just another political speech filed with lies to make him appear reasonable because the theme is popular to his supporters, but he knows full well it will never happen.

Pick one.
Caribou Barbie

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jan 25, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Opps, without the typo, I was asking if you thought the idiot that made my comeback RESPONSE so easy was me?
Call the ward nurse for your meds retard.
Caribou Barbie

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jan 25, 2012
Wartime VII wrote:
<quoted text>
And it will be again, once the Kenyan lizard is sentenced to life on a rockpile in a federal pen -- or returned to his homeland where his headshrinking witchdoctors will boil his subversive communist ass in a cannibal pot to feed the tribe. As long as every tribal homie gets to eat his "fair share".
Even the Kenyans don't want him back.
America is Not the Same

Overland Park, KS

#19 Jan 25, 2012
It's said that Obama is worth 98 Million

He has never had a real job
Where did he get his millions

Check out Obama and Saudi Arabia
Paul Revere

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jan 25, 2012
Its not my job to pay for the lazy and stupid. This whole "fair share" bs, is anti-american. This country was not founded by the poor but the wealthy and those who actually did things instead of bitching and wanting things handed to them.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#21 Jan 25, 2012
His lips were extra purple last night.....grape soda?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#22 Jan 25, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
Isn't "rich" relative to Romney? LOLLibrul.
No, I think that is Buffett and Gates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foreclosures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News cold, economy drive more homeless to seek help (Dec '08) Nov '17 Kenny Nichols 5
News Ian Mulgrew: No surrender for long-time, self-r... Nov '17 Justice eh 1
News Developers put Hawthorne housing construction o... (Mar '08) Oct '17 Raydot 36
News Positive public works (Nov '08) Sep '17 george 2
News Rent Confusion: Milwaukee renters caught in cro... (Feb '10) Sep '17 xyz 18
News Foreclosures: Joe Firmani wants to buy a diamon... (Apr '09) Jun '17 jpedonti 5
News America's consumer financial sheriff and the ho... (May '17) May '17 tomin cali 1
More from around the web