Ex-real estate agent faces fraud charges

Ex-real estate agent faces fraud charges

There are 55 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 30, 2011, titled Ex-real estate agent faces fraud charges. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A former East Berlin woman who pleaded guilty previously in federal court to wire fraud involving her real-estate company faces new charges that she defrauded 14 more lenders, 35 homeowners and five investors out of $2.7 million, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office of the Middle District of Pennsylvania.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Tony

Jacksonville, FL

#24 Mar 31, 2011
She is a POS. However shame on you homeowners and investers for letting her take advantage of you. Always remember if it looks to good to be true it probably is!!!!!
kenny

Littlestown, PA

#25 Mar 31, 2011
WTF wrote:
Thank you Joanne Seeley for giving me and all other prison employees job security. I like having a great job in this economy. Many more like you will keep giving me job security.
your never funny and is this all you can write.
Fairfield Resident

Shippensburg, PA

#26 Mar 31, 2011
If you are ever wondering why our economy and housing market are in the shape they are in today, this woman is one of those reasons. Her kind are not completely responsible, but they played a big part and seeing the housing and mortgage market crushed. Give justice a chance to work and eventually it will catch up to the wrongdoer. Just like Bernard Goetz if her family profited from any of her illicit fraud, they should pay it all back. I am so sorry for those poor families. Just be sure that you read the "fine print" on anything and if you aren't sure get an attorney. No I'm not one, but wouldn't sell my home to a realtor without one reviewing the contracts that's for sure.
sosad

Oil City, PA

#27 Apr 1, 2011
Does anyone know when she goes to court.? I would like to know where the 2 million dollars went to.
peanut

Hanover, PA

#28 Apr 1, 2011
paper said may 2....harrisburg federal court
Anon Anon

Carlisle, PA

#29 Apr 3, 2011
It's worth noting this sorry excuse for a professional also worked for Jack Gaughen ERA, Long and Foster, Dawn and Associates and so on and so on. She was fired from every firm eventually. She didn't deserve a license and certainly never followed the REALTOR Code of Ethics, which is why she eventually had her real estate license revoked. Unfortunately, it took the PA Real Estate Commission entirely too long to do it. When they finally did, she simply found another way to continue to rip people off. She deserves a long prison term.
Tucson

Tucson, AZ

#30 Apr 3, 2011
I will Never Trust Realtors ever again!!
The same w/ Builders,&of cource,Finance Croocks!!
After the hell they all put me trought, they are bunch
Greedy ,Anethical ....
Oh Good,one down &tousands to go!!
endzone

Annapolis, MD

#31 Apr 4, 2011
Anon Anon wrote:
It's worth noting this sorry excuse for a professional also worked for Jack Gaughen ERA, Long and Foster, Dawn and Associates and so on and so on. She was fired from every firm eventually. She didn't deserve a license and certainly never followed the REALTOR Code of Ethics, which is why she eventually had her real estate license revoked. Unfortunately, it took the PA Real Estate Commission entirely too long to do it. When they finally did, she simply found another way to continue to rip people off. She deserves a long prison term.
"realtor code of ethics" good one.
sosad

Oil City, PA

#32 Apr 5, 2011
What about her husband.? If he knew what the wife was upto and also spending the cash. Then I feel he should be charged with something.
peanut

Hanover, PA

#33 Apr 5, 2011
man i agree he profited from her crap and live the life style that she provide for him .......i believe that he completely knew what she was doing from day one........he is guilty also......they both need punished......but if you think about it, he will suffer to cause now he will have to get a real job and live like the rest of us have to pay check to pay check.......no more trips, horses, inground pools, harleys, four wheelers, five bedroom house, wow.....he will be just like the people they screwed out of there homes, money and everything else........i wish it was a jail; cell but living worrying from day to day and week to week about money works for me..........maybe with his reputation because of her he can worked in a fast food place cleaning the bathrooms!!!!!!!!!!cleaning up shit is what they deserve......
Oh really

Spring Run, PA

#34 Apr 5, 2011
And do you really think I'm gonna give a real estate agent the key to my home ?? They would rather have you gone when they show your house,, I think I'm gonna walk along when they show mine,,I can't lock everything up,, What about identity theft?? They want to know your lifes history. These people need to be screened a little closer!
sosad

Oil City, PA

#35 Apr 7, 2011
@ peanut.. I agree with everything u said. I'm sure many of the ppl that lost their homes would like to know the address where she lived so well.
This way the house can be trashed. someone wrote the house sits on 25 acres.
peanut

Hanover, PA

#36 Apr 8, 2011
her house in east berlin got repoed from her......then she moved to oklahoma and then let there and moved to tolar texas.......kind of poetic justice in loosing that house but did all the moving and all her nice stuff on evryones money........i know god will see that justice is done and done soon!!!!!!!!!!
inbercionista

Houston, TX

#37 Apr 10, 2011
en eagle pass tabien ay agentes de bienes y raizes corruptos a mi me han robado 2 vezes pero nadie hase caso gracias
scorekeeper

Hanover, PA

#39 Apr 12, 2011
well joanne has does it feel to know your loosing everything, including your freedom, now you know how you made all those poor people you scammed feel, my wish for you is to face each and everyone of them and explain yourself, that would be the human thing to do or atleast tell them all your sorry, dont get me wrong that will not change the pain you caused people but atleast they can then tell you what they think and im sure it wont be nice but you need to here it loud and clear and you need to think about it the rest of your life in jail, may god forgive you, cause im sure those people wont
sosad

Oil City, PA

#40 Apr 14, 2011
I don't understand why she is not in jail now waiting for her day in court.?
I read in the paper she is on supervised released.
I feel that is wrong.
scorekeeper

Hanover, PA

#41 Apr 14, 2011
@sosad, i agree, i dont understand y she isnt in jail without bail for the amount of money she scammed and is she in pa texas or where, so confused, and who is watching her, her husband, like that is a good choice!!!!!!!
sosad

Oil City, PA

#42 Apr 16, 2011
scorekeeper wrote:
@sosad, i agree, i dont understand y she isnt in jail without bail for the amount of money she scammed and is she in pa texas or where, so confused, and who is watching her, her husband, like that is a good choice!!!!!!!
Its my understanding she is in Texas with her family.. If anyone out there knows any different please let us know.. If you google s & d property solutions east berlin pa. You will see alot of newspaper stories from Texas. My question is why only JoAnne? other family members helped her this crime, by putting homes in their names.JoAnne knows she is going to be put away 4 along time. I found it hard 2 believe she didn't hide any of that money 4 a rainy day.
scorekeeper

Hanover, PA

#43 Apr 21, 2011
i would like to know who the others are that helped her, they should be in jail right beside her, they commeted fraud just like she did, they need to come out and face there crime , someday it will come out and i hioe the guilt eats them up on a daily basis!!!!!!!!!!
penntwstaxhell

Baltimore, MD

#44 Apr 22, 2011
Why give her bail? Heres a real criminal who should be locked up til trial. Of course they let Mike Johnson out on bail too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foreclosures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Foreclosures: Joe Firmani wants to buy a diamon... (Apr '09) Jun '17 jpedonti 5
News America's consumer financial sheriff and the ho... May '17 tomin cali 1
News Former City Council candidate charged with larc... May '17 Danco for Justice 1
News Mnuchin Treasury Hearing May Be Dominated by 'F... Mar '17 Johnpalumbo49 2
News Bridgeport Attorney Pleads Guilty To Scheme To ... Feb '17 judges indabag 2
News Senate nears confirmation of Trumpa s pick to h... Feb '17 Hostis Publicus 9
News Steve Mnuchin Defends Octomom's Mortgage in Sen... Feb '17 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
More from around the web