The New Suburban Poverty

Mar 20, 2012 Full story: campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com 52

In many of America’s once pristine suburbs, harbingers of inner-city blight — overgrown lots, boarded up windows, abandoned residences — are the new eyesores. From the Midwestern rust-belt to the burst housing bubbles of Nevada, California and Florida, even in small pockets of still affluent regions like Du Page County, Ill., the nation’s soaring poverty rates are visibly reclaiming last century’s triumphal “crabgrass frontier.” In well-heeled Illinois towns like Glen Allyn and Elgin, unkempt, weedy lawns blot the formerly manicured, uniform and tidy landscape.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#42 Mar 29, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> heck no! Im talking about those who dont wont and cannott work. Those without the ability to even feed their familys. They have to rely on food stamps. No rich person has ever taken anything from you or me. No rich person has ever forced you to purchase their product or service. But the goverment play,s robin hood and robs & punishes the productive then wastes the loins share and gives the parasitic no producers a reward with a small portion. They have run out of rich folks to rob so now they just borrow and spend & waste.
No, you really must mean the greedy bastards and their coupons.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#43 Mar 29, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you really must mean the greedy bastards and their coupons.
Of course. Don't you think there is something wrong in society whereas in many ways, the so-called poor live better than the working?

Lazy people don't worry about medical care or it's costs, working people pay for it. The lazy don't work their way to nice neighborhoods and schools, HUD puts them in nice neighborhoods and schools. The lazy don't worry about how low they must keep their heat on in the winter because of outrageous gas bills. The working pay for their utilities. The lazy don't worry about feeding their family. The taxpayers do it for them. Nor do they worry about limiting their family size to meet their budget. The federal government has no limitations like working families do.

And just who are these so-called poor, and how do they live? You can find out at:

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011...
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#44 Mar 29, 2012
There is nothing wrong with greed. Greed in and among itself isnt bad or evil.However It is wrong to try and fullfill you greed by cheating & wrongdoing. It is wrong to fulfill your greedy wants by trying to get something for nothing. The way to make money is by solving problems. find a problem and if you can solev it more efficently better or cheaper and you will succeed. Greed is nothing more thanwanting more than the next person. Greed is the driving force behind innovation, invention & progress. Wanting the goverment to rob or borrow and give you some so called free benifit service or money is greed that does the recipent more harm than good. And the better education income more intellect a couple have. Inother the better quailty folks are the less childern they have. The lower education income bottom feeders tend to have more & more. The girls have a baby and are unwed. Thare is no shame the baby is just another fashion accessory. Many times that dont have a clue wich one of the dozens of sex parteners is the sperm donor.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#45 Mar 29, 2012
Milton Friedman on greed:

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#46 Mar 30, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Don't you think there is something wrong in society whereas in many ways, the so-called poor live better than the working?
Lazy people don't worry about medical care or it's costs, working people pay for it. The lazy don't work their way to nice neighborhoods and schools, HUD puts them in nice neighborhoods and schools. The lazy don't worry about how low they must keep their heat on in the winter because of outrageous gas bills. The working pay for their utilities. The lazy don't worry about feeding their family. The taxpayers do it for them. Nor do they worry about limiting their family size to meet their budget. The federal government has no limitations like working families do.
And just who are these so-called poor, and how do they live? You can find out at:
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011...
You are living in a lie.

Heritage is a right-wing corporate think tank. They are lying to you.

And, many hard working Americans "...don't worry about medical care or it's costs..." either. They pay rheir bills, scrape by without insurance, and when something happens; only those with health insurance end up subsidizing them, or the region's hospitals all close.

Use your head man. Stop reading this phony crap and just look around. Many working people have no insurance. Ask at the diner.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#47 Mar 30, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
There is nothing wrong with greed. Greed in and among itself isnt bad or evil.However It is wrong to try and fullfill you greed by cheating & wrongdoing. It is wrong to fulfill your greedy wants by trying to get something for nothing. The way to make money is by solving problems. find a problem and if you can solev it more efficently better or cheaper and you will succeed. Greed is nothing more thanwanting more than the next person. Greed is the driving force behind innovation, invention & progress. Wanting the goverment to rob or borrow and give you some so called free benifit service or money is greed that does the recipent more harm than good. And the better education income more intellect a couple have. Inother the better quailty folks are the less childern they have. The lower education income bottom feeders tend to have more & more. The girls have a baby and are unwed. Thare is no shame the baby is just another fashion accessory. Many times that dont have a clue wich one of the dozens of sex parteners is the sperm donor.
You poor thing. I pity your family, if you have one; (unless you are being sardonic.)
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#48 Mar 30, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are living in a lie.
Heritage is a right-wing corporate think tank. They are lying to you.
If they are lying to me, why do they site their government sources where they collected the data from?

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#49 Apr 2, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are lying to me, why do they site their government sources where they collected the data from?
Why don't you think about that.

Look up "cherry picking" and learn what it means.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#50 Apr 2, 2012
What is your last name Mr. Bill? Denial? LOL!

Since: Apr 07

Murfreesboro, TN

#51 Apr 3, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
Jim Hayden for President in 2012?
Yep Just as I thought. just because in your opinion The current welfare system is unconstitional that doesnt mean it so? It would require Legal wrangling and a supreme court decision to make that decision. The welfare gimme folks now that they know you stance on the subject wont ever vote for you. your just another looney nut posting spam. dont bother with a rebuttal. Your so stupid you actually believe that your super smart. The fact is your too smart to learn anything from someone else.
Actually it is unconstitutional as it is in fact a religious activity taken over by the government in order to enslave the masses to it.

Not only that but nowhere in the constitution does it say only the courts can decide what is and what IS NOT constitutional. Just like Obama has already proven the President is able to declare a law or program unconstitutional.

As for those living on welfare I never counted upon their vote from the start. I have however been counting upon the votes of those individuals who get up every day, go to work, and who are tired of paying someone else to sit at home and doing nothing with their lives. This is America the land of opportunity and those THIEVING Democrats and Republicans have taken their opportunities away from them leaving people enslaved to the welfare system. My appeal is to those Americans who have worked hard all of their lives and who have contributed to Social Security and Medicare and who are seeing their investment squandered by those Thieving Democrats and Republicans as they see their Social Security and Medicare swallowed up by political greed. I am counting upon the Combat Veterans who have been wounded in combat and who have suffered at the hands of the Department of Veterans Affairs interns, residents and college professors and their families. Veterans who are so down right frustrated they have given up on ever getting a fair shake from the Department of Veterans Affairs or our government.

That is because I have a plan that will get every American who is able to work back on the job. I have a plan that will SAVE Social Security and Medicare and without increasing taxes or cutting benefits. As a matter of fact under my plan every person eligible for Medicare will have their health care costs covered 100% by Medicare. Not only that but those individuals living on Social Security will be able to keep MORE of THEIR Social Security Checks every month. It is also because under my tax plan every American worker will be able to keep MORE of the money he or she earns. First by lowering taxes and secondly by cutting the cost of the things we buy. For example under my plan an item that cost $10.00 under our current tax system will cost $7.50 under mine. Not only that but my plan to grant every disabled Veteran their RIGHT to Hometown Medical Care for their Service-Connected Disabilities and Conditions. Most Veterans today believe the Veterans Hospitals are their benefit of their service. That is the furthest thing from the truth. The Veterans hospitals are teaching hospitals with their primary mission is the training of future doctors and other medical staff.

That is only some of the reasons why people are supporting me and that is why I will be your next President.

Jim Hayden for President in 2012
http://www.jimhayden2012.org

Murfreesboro, TN

#52 Apr 3, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jim, did they let you out again?
Is this a daypass, or are you out for awhile?
Are you pals with that JETBLUE pilot who just went in?
Welcome back.
Hey Bill

I am probably one of the few who have been rejected at the mental hospital. They tell me I am too sane.

Murfreesboro, TN

#53 Apr 3, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
The problem of the parasites who live off the public teat is something that you cant just legislate away. If you suddenly discontinue those checks & benifits it wont really address the problem . It has to be done gradually. There has to be a incentive to get off the dole. There have to be opportunities to entice those parasites to become producers. those folks will have to change their core conceps and learn to Know How to become self reliant. Obamas Hope & change message sounded Good? However It wasnt the change that the productive hoped for. I still maintain its both partys. There isnt a viable political or ballott box solution. I some state secedes from the union They possibly might get the Churmudgeon for a new resident. However Im hesitant about living someplace that doesnt have the uS counstition to protect the rights of the individual. I prefer a Republic to a Democracy.
Actually under my plan the responsibility for caring for the poor simply changes hands. In stead of getting their benefits from the government they will start receiving them from their local church or other charitable organization.

We have not had a constitutional form of government ever since the 1930s or ever since the Democrats and current Republicans have taken control of our government. The Republic died back in 1932 with the establishment of the New Deal and again with the introduction of the New World Order by President Bush Sr.

My name is Jim Hayden and I stand in support of the United States Constitution and FREEDOM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foreclosures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ocwen none bank, debt collector Feb 22 tallorderwill 1
The Best Priced Single family Housing In America Feb 20 DanFreeman 1
Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Feb 20 Swedenforever 13
Paulson to give update today on financial bailout (Nov '08) Feb 20 Swedenforever 18
Bank Of America: Another Opportunity To Buy Low... (May '12) Feb 16 agw 12
Foreclosure continues despite plans for track site (Aug '09) Jan '15 september 5
preforeclosure Jan '15 snowman 1
More from around the web