Records show Wozniak money troubles long before Hobbit Travel s...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Hobbit Travel closed its doors just before Christmas, but owner George Wozniak appeared to be facing financial difficulty long before he shut down the well-known travel agency.
Comments
161 - 163 of 163 Comments Last updated Oct 17, 2012
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

great..so people were calling to book vacations thinking they were talking to someone in an office and actually they were talking to a stay at home mom...nice
Knows Him

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

I personally know George Wozniak and he is not a good man. He does not pay his employees at Gabe's: they stand in line at the bank until the funds run out, then have to wait until the next business day to try again. Paychecks bounce on a regular basis for his employees. He has had multiple tax-related financial issues in the past (Hobbit, Fry Stand, Gabe's. Where does all the money go from the restaurant? It likely goes to his personal funds, which is very illegal. He should be sent to jail for a very long time for fraud.
Travel agent

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

The Real Truth wrote:
I happen to know George and his family. George is one of the nicest and most giving people that I know. He has gone out of his way many, many times to give help to people in need. I pray that he and his family are able to bounce back from this situation and that all those who have been assisted by George in the past remember it right now.
As a fellow travel agent who spent numerous hours trying to help clients he screwed out of $$$$ vacations to make them right - not too mention all the employees he screwed out of paychecks - he is a slim ball aways has been

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foreclosures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
Storm damage hurt business, attorney says (Jul '13) Tue Tricked in the past 4
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Aug 23 Wiginout 44
Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Aug 21 Swedenforever 8
Summit County on pace for same amount of forecl... Aug 16 Norm DePlume 6
Remodel reality show highlights Monterey Bay life Aug 16 Ooooh Jeffie 2
New FICO Rules Aug 11 Jake 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••