Records show Wozniak money troubles l...

Records show Wozniak money troubles long before Hobbit Travel s...

There are 163 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 14, 2010, titled Records show Wozniak money troubles long before Hobbit Travel s.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Hobbit Travel closed its doors just before Christmas, but owner George Wozniak appeared to be facing financial difficulty long before he shut down the well-known travel agency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Thomas

Minneapolis, MN

#146 Jan 23, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
bush stole from the middle class for 8 years
Why not blame Abraham Lincoln? He was the first Republican president and had about as much responsibilities for America's problems as Bush.
Thomas

Minneapolis, MN

#147 Jan 23, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
bush stole from the middle class for 8 years
And another thing, trying to shift the focus here onto Bush! Not one Democrat with a backbone. The problem lies squarely with the ultra radical changes Obama has been doing. They are doing their best to grab power, power, and more power. That's what is really behind health care. Remember BOTH houses of the US Congress have been controlled by the Democrats since 2006.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#148 Jan 23, 2010
How in the hell did a forum regarding a failed businessman in a declining industry become a hubris of whose political blustering is superior.

Please stay on the topic. There enough other grandstanding places for political opinions on other forums.

And don't bother telling me to shove it where the sun don't shine. Better people then you have already done it.
Thomas

Minneapolis, MN

#149 Jan 23, 2010
Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
How in the hell did a forum regarding a failed businessman in a declining industry become a hubris of whose political blustering is superior.
Please stay on the topic. There enough other grandstanding places for political opinions on other forums.
And don't bother telling me to shove it where the sun don't shine. Better people then you have already done it.
Who made you the moderator of this forum?
St Paul Girl

Saint Paul, MN

#150 Jan 23, 2010
Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
George, AKA-Thomas is trying to create a diversion. The turd is really going to start steaming on Monday when the farse of his refund claim explodes.

Wells Fargo 10,000,000
Polk County 32,000
Pinehurst Bank 2,600,000
Ramsey County 79,000
St.Paul Pioneer Press 52,500
Woodrun Five Assoc 21,500
Woodrun Five Assoc 13,500

This is just the known. And, as we found out with Hecker and Petters the numbers just keep climbing.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#151 Jan 23, 2010
Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made you the moderator of this forum?
I DID!
Just to aggravate people like you.
Yeah baby!
Go Vikings!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#152 Jan 23, 2010
Joe Cool wrote:
<quoted text>
Small question: If "Bush", according to the Obamazoids, is responsible for all the eeeeeeeevil in the world, then why didn't Bush simply arrange for Obama to "sleep with the fishes" and have himself crowned Emperor of the Universe?
he tried
Mike

Wadena, MN

#153 Jan 25, 2010
Unknown wrote:
I find this article quite interesting. I know the Wozniak family quite personally and many things about this are untrue. Between having the wrong people married (George and Mary Ann), and incorrect figures, I don't believe much of what is being said.
They may be nice people, but they obviously knew what they were doing. When you divert people's money from what they paid for and they end up with no vacation and no money, maybe you aren't what you seem. This didn't happen by accident. There are too many people involved for it to be an accident.
Mary Allen

United States

#154 Jan 25, 2010
Is that phone number really working today?? Kind of curious. I gotta believe that the treatment thing is just a smokescreen for the money all going to Petters, big time gambling. The truth will come out someday. In court. Wonder if I can tell Polk County to stuff it too?? They didn't tell me everything would be fine when I said my taxes would be late.
Channel 4 news

Saint Paul, MN

#155 Jan 25, 2010
Mary Allen wrote:
Is that phone number really working today?? Kind of curious. I gotta believe that the treatment thing is just a smokescreen for the money all going to Petters, big time gambling. The truth will come out someday. In court. Wonder if I can tell Polk County to stuff it too?? They didn't tell me everything would be fine when I said my taxes would be late.
The news tonight stated that the phone lines at Hobbit are being staffed to take information (that they probably already have) about refunds. However, there would be no refunds at this time. More on the 10:00 news.
Yep

Andover, MN

#156 Jan 26, 2010
Dfendant Wozniak Travel, Inc
Doing Business As Hobbit Travel
Woodbury, MN 55125

Plaintiff Davanni's Woodbury, LLC
Minneapolis, MN 55416

08/24/2009
Eviction, non-payment of rent (Judicial Officer: Schurrer, Gary R.)
Yep

Andover, MN

#157 Jan 26, 2010
Accessible court records show that around 50 customers/vendors sued Hobbit Travel. To put that in perspective during the same time period Carlson Wagonlit was sued twice. Carlson Wagonlit's gross sales far exceed Hobbit Travels.
Mike

Wadena, MN

#158 Jan 27, 2010
Channel 4 news wrote:
<quoted text>
The news tonight stated that the phone lines at Hobbit are being staffed to take information (that they probably already have) about refunds. However, there would be no refunds at this time. More on the 10:00 news.
My question would be, "why would they need information?" I'm sure the angry people have already informed them every way possible. This sounds like a way to keep these people at bay for a little longer so they can buy time to figure out how not to end up in jail while they look like they really care about the people they stole from.
Exactly

Minneapolis, MN

#159 Jan 27, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>My question would be, "why would they need information?" I'm sure the angry people have already informed them every way possible. This sounds like a way to keep these people at bay for a little longer so they can buy time to figure out how not to end up in jail while they look like they really care about the people they stole from.
Hobbit should have all of the records of how the transactions were paid.

Saint Paul, MN

#160 Jan 27, 2010
i called the hot line and they asked me if i wanted fris with that?
Say What

Minneapolis, MN

#161 Jan 27, 2010
oxboro wrote:
i called the hot line and they asked me if i wanted fris with that?
What the he|| is a fris?
Fries

Minneapolis, MN

#162 Jan 27, 2010
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
What the he|| is a fris?
Probably meant fries.

Saint Paul, MN

#163 Jan 27, 2010
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
What the he|| is a fris?
and what is a "say what"?
Mike

Wadena, MN

#164 Jan 29, 2010
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
Hobbit should have all of the records of how the transactions were paid.
Or in this case, how they WEREN'T paid. When you divert someone's funds from what they paid you for to something else, that's fraud, and it's jailtime.
Steve Wozniak

Saint Paul, MN

#165 Jan 29, 2010
I read an interesting article exemplifying George Wozniak's poor business handling and lack of vision. He budgeted 350,000 for new computers, spend 1,000,000 AND states it's one of the smartest things he ever did?

It's just further proof that Gee-Or-Gouge Ponziak was building an empire as if he were the co-founder of Apple.

The MN Attorney General's Office is also collecting data and should be copied on any and all communication you have with Hobbit Travel.

http://twincities.bizjournals.com/twincities/...

Wozniak's dedication to family inspired him to acquire technology that would turn what was once a one-man travel agency with an answering service to the 250-employee company it is today.

In the 1990s, several of his longtime travel agents told Wozniak they didn't want their kids coming home after school to an empty house. Designing technology for agents to work at home was an obvious answer, Wozniak said. So, he budgeted $350,000 to develop a new networking system.

Although the final bill to build a virtual call center rang in far higher than his estimate -- nearing $1 million -- Wozniak called it "the smartest thing we ever could have done."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foreclosures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bridgeport Attorney Pleads Guilty To Scheme To ... Feb 25 judges indabag 2
News Senate nears confirmation of Trumpa s pick to h... Feb 14 Hostis Publicus 9
News Steve Mnuchin Defends Octomom's Mortgage in Sen... Feb 11 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News Churches without the church (Jun '09) Feb 9 dollarsbil 22
News Mnuchin Treasury Hearing May Be Dominated by 'F... Feb 4 EquitableProperty... 1
News Finney sentenced in mortgage fraud (Mar '09) Jan 28 dumpster fire 33
News Finding a fix for foreclosure mess (Sep '12) Jan '17 indict PULTE 2
More from around the web