Florida has nation's highest foreclosure rate

Oct 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The rankings tend to fluctuate from month to month, but it's clear why South Florida counties continue to feel the effects of the mortgage crisis following the end of the housing boom in 2005, said Jack McCabe, a housing analyst based in Deerfield Beach.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Nov 14, 2012
You CAN Stop a Foreclosur

West Linn, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

I just found an ebook on Amazon that cuts to the chase and give you a huge variety of strategies that work to keep you home. Even if you're underwater, a military family, or have already received a Notice of Default. You don't have to be a victim of fradulent lenders ever again. ALL is legal and can be found in court successfully if needed.
Read this book today: How To Avoid And Stop A Foreclosure, Ex Banker Tells All
See it here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/How-Avoid-Stop-Foreclos ...

My best to you - you can do it!
John

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

How is it possible that every jerk azz hole from New York and New Jersey snowbirds in Boca Raton? Every time I come down to visit inlaws, I some how have a dustup with a New England jerk. What a bunch of aging pissoffs. Eph you all. I'll never live on the Florida east coast with these phhhucs!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

It is a scary thing when you see that your property value is less than what you owe the bank. This fear has caused many people to default on their mortgages.

Rather than focusing on property value, which will rebound given enough time, focus on having a place to live. If you like your home and can make the payments (even if they are high), you still have a place to live. If your house goes into foreclosure, you will have to live somewhere and will be paying rent (who's to say it won't be at or above what you are paying now). Plus, you will have a foreclosure blight on your record.
drudy

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

campbellsimon wrote:
It is a scary thing when you see that your property value is less than what you owe the bank. This fear has caused many people to default on their mortgages.
Rather than focusing on property value, which will rebound given enough time, focus on having a place to live. If you like your home and can make the payments (even if they are high), you still have a place to live. If your house goes into foreclosure, you will have to live somewhere and will be paying rent (who's to say it won't be at or above what you are paying now). Plus, you will have a foreclosure blight on your record.
With the way homeowners/windstorm insurance and taxes are in South Florida, it's a good bet you can rent a comparable place for less than it cost you to own. Plus home costs are still too high here--they reflect foreign investor demand, not local incomes. South Florida still has one of the worst housting costs/income ratios in the country, even after the price collapse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Foreclosures Discussions

Search the Foreclosures Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Squatters Moving Into Foreclosed Homes (Jan '08) 21 hr scott 38
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Tue S Forman 41
Blunt wants to criminalize mortgage fraud (Jan '08) Jul 25 Official Historian 3
NEAL v. KETCHUM Jul 16 Darrel 1
Storm damage hurt business, attorney says (Jul '13) Jul 11 jorgelopez 3
3 arrested in alleged housing scam (Oct '08) Jul 1 Victim 37
DuVal's Lee Hindin in debt - The Park Record (Nov '09) Jun '14 Mary 31
•••
•••