VA's Housing Market Rebounds, Sales up in 2012

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The report released Wednesday by the Virginia Association of Realtors says home sales and home values across the state increased in 2012 from the previous year.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Feb 9, 2013
Ice Dogg

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Brought to you by your local Realtor who says, "Its a great time to Buy!"
GoUVa

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Thanks President Obama from the great state of Virginia which helped re-elect you.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Realtors have been distorting the truth for some time now, using sales of newly constructed apartment buildings to skew the numbers. We're led to believe that their numbers apply to single dwelling homes but they have been using an equation even Einstein could figure out to distort the facts. In other words they lie to get people to believe its a good time buy a house that may appeciate, or may not. In this market, fagetaboutit.
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

sez you wrote:
Realtors have been distorting the truth for some time now, using sales of newly constructed apartment buildings to skew the numbers. We're led to believe that their numbers apply to single dwelling homes but they have been using an equation even Einstein could figure out to distort the facts. In other words they lie to get people to believe its a good time buy a house that may appeciate, or may not. In this market, fagetaboutit.
We get off guns and find ourself in agreement lol
just sold mine

Aldie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Hey yall -

Bought my house in Preddy Creek sub-d in Greene County in 2008 for about 300k (had to put 5%). I refinanced in 2010..put somewhere around 15k through USAA but hey...NO MORE PMI! I recently owed 258k ish and sold the house for 258k but I had to pay 14k more just to sell it. Really....If you dont plan on staying in a house for at least 10 years or like my parents 45+ years....DONT BUY ONE or you will loose money. They (banks, Realtor, closing lawyers, and anyone else that can squeeze something from you) will. And I paid all my bills all the time and due to a move for work, there is no feeling worse than hearing how great the market is but nobody wants to see your home but one ever few months.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Foreclosures Discussions

Search the Foreclosures Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Summit County on pace for same amount of forecl... Aug 16 Norm DePlume 6
Remodel reality show highlights Monterey Bay life Aug 16 Ooooh Jeffie 2
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Aug 14 Wiginout 43
New FICO Rules Aug 11 Jake 1
AG sues Colorado's largest foreclosure law firm... Aug 1 Alvaro 1
Squatters Moving Into Foreclosed Homes (Jan '08) Jul 31 scott 38
Blunt wants to criminalize mortgage fraud (Jan '08) Jul 25 Official Historian 3
•••
•••