Is The Real Estate Down Cycle Over?

There are 3 comments on the May 3, 2012, Patch.com story titled Is The Real Estate Down Cycle Over?. In it, Patch.com reports that:

I specialize in selling homes in the Studio City, Sherman Oaks and Encino neighborhoods, and the last six months have been the busiest that I have seen real estate in at least the past six or seven years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Still Lousy RE Market

San Diego, CA

#1 May 3, 2012
The banks are still not giving out many mortgages, and when they do it's only to people with big incomes, huge down payments, and super credit ratings. I think the real estate market still has a ways to drop before it recovers, and that will only happen when our economy comes totally comes back!(if ever)
Sue Robbins

AOL

#2 May 3, 2012
Hopefully, once Romney is elected the Nation will have a collective sigh of relief and everything will get better. Much of the lack of confidence comes from the anti business, anti prosperity, big govt. big union attitude of the Obama troops. Tragically, LA will continue it's downward spiral into bankruptcy and complete fiscal collapse no matter what happens in D.C.
Realtor

San Diego, CA

#3 May 4, 2012
Still Lousy RE Market wrote:
The banks are still not giving out many mortgages, and when they do it's only to people with big incomes, huge down payments, and super credit ratings. I think the real estate market still has a ways to drop before it recovers, and that will only happen when our economy comes totally comes back!(if ever)
Prices will continue to drop for another year, maybe two. Many properties that are now going into foreclosure will soon be coming on to the market, and that will create an even greater downward push on our real estate prices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foreclosures Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Apr 10 swedenforever 14
News Community Gives Back To Firefighter In Need Of ... (Jul '09) Apr 10 John_Youngs_son 10
News The Arrest of Vanilla Ice and How Honest People... Mar 30 flippersDontGiveA... 1
News Lawsuits allege OneWest bank can profit from fo... (Feb '10) Mar 30 Kay Martin 17
ocwen none bank, debt collector Feb '15 tallorderwill 1
The Best Priced Single family Housing In America Feb '15 DanFreeman 1
News Paulson to give update today on financial bailout (Nov '08) Feb '15 Swedenforever 18
More from around the web