Marshall Islands immigrants in Springdale, Arkansas: leprosy, VD, TB

Feb 12, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lonewacko

“We have known for a long time of leprosy in the Marshall Islands”

Springdale, Arkansas - the "Chicken Capital of the World" and home of Tyson Foods - is also home to 8000 apparently legal immigrants from the Marshall Islands, an independent country northeast of Australia . via Lonewacko

Comments
1 - 20 of 53 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 24
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JMOM

Prentiss, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Judged:

Well maybe that is where all our illnesses come from ALL these sick unhealthy Lepers working in our chicken plants contaminating the foods we eat! After All the paper does say that the Marshallese people are the most unclean, unhealthy people known, FULL of TB,VD and Leprosy!!! Send Them Back To The Marshall Islands!
Human

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2008

Judged:

JMOM, unless tested, not everyone would be aware of the progressive diseases listed. I doubt they 'asked' for it anymore than your children ask for chicken pox, etc. You can be exposed to TB by walking in the mall with your own kind (tongue firmly planted in cheek). To think that 'all' from the Marshall Islands are unclean indicates ignorance. Labeling them by a disease illuminates hate. There are problems for us all to address; however the mode of thinking presented in the above post is a form of an infectious disease passed on to generations. By the way, papers don't 'say' anything.
kiala

Cleburne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Judged:

shut up im a marshallese im rich and im clean doesnt mean every ri-majol is sick... fxxxxx you bro wat the ......r yalll talkin shit about us forrr yall black ass and white bitches r dumb so yall r all sick dnt beeee haters yean sooooo b3tter watcha mouth before ill make u shut the fxxx up laterz haterz
sarah

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

i work in springdale and my lord they drive me CRAZY as hell all that jiberjaber i cnt stand it they are coming out the wood work here what the hell is going on with all these peps taking our jobs
Oregon

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

It's time for eyeryone to open up their minds and not be so judgemental. The Marshallese are kind people with a rich culture and traditions. Yes, their culture is very different then life is in the United States but it's a vibrant culture that cherishes family over everything else. Assimilating from RMI to Arkansas must be incredibly challenging - the islands are very different then any place else. The poverty and conditions many live in on the islands is unthinkable and they move to the U.S. for a better life and education. Let them have that chance to provide for their family in jobs that many Americans would never consider doing. The health care on the island is minimal at best and families live in the very tight living conditions with minimal access to running water. The country is closer to a third world country then you would know...of course there are diseases!
GWS

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Judged:

Taking our jobs? Please. If the people wanted to work they would. But mostly the white people there think they are too good to work in plants and factories and would rather live off of welfare and food stamps.
SASSY KITTY

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Judged:

Oregon wrote:
It's time for eyeryone to open up their minds and not be so judgemental. The Marshallese are kind people with a rich culture and traditions. Yes, their culture is very different then life is in the United States but it's a vibrant culture that cherishes family over everything else. Assimilating from RMI to Arkansas must be incredibly challenging - the islands are very different then any place else. The poverty and conditions many live in on the islands is unthinkable and they move to the U.S. for a better life and education. Let them have that chance to provide for their family in jobs that many Americans would never consider doing. The health care on the island is minimal at best and families live in the very tight living conditions with minimal access to running water. The country is closer to a third world country then you would know...of course there are diseases!
I had some that lived down the street from me, kind I don't think so 3 of them beat the shit out of 1 she all but crawled to my door so we would call 911. The police where always over at their house, all hours day and night, they where finally raided for drugs. I don't want my kids near them if they have all these diseases, they should have to be tested and have a clean bill of health before being permitted to enter in to the USA
Informed

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2010

Judged:

I was told that they have some strange practices. A lot of incest and stuff. Island culture at its worst.
kind

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Judged:

Enough, let get the color out of this room. we're all god kids. let help each other and solve these problem..
kind

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Judged:

Enough, let get the color out of this room. we're all god kids. let's help each other and solve these problem..
dimao

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

yea dats wat i'm talkin bout....lets start loving one another....
islandboy

North Highlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

I hate redneck state
Teacher1

Franklin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

islandboy wrote:
I hate redneck state
I teach in Springdale. I have Marshallese students, white students, Hispanic, and others. There are good and bad people of every race....and in every state. Don't judge a whole group of people on one persons actions! There are SOME Marshallese people who make bad choices, just as there are SOME white, black, hispanic, asian, etc. that make bad choices...that DOESNT make them ALL bad!
Teacher1

Franklin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Informed wrote:
I was told that they have some strange practices. A lot of incest and stuff. Island culture at its worst.
Well, that is how rumors get started! You are probably right, there probably is a Marshallese person that has been involved in incest....but then again you could say the same exact thing about a white or any other race! I teach in Springdale by the way....and the Marshallese kids that I have are very well-mannered kids.
Seriously people

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

Judged:

This page is proof that racism is still very alive and well in America. This is sad... I am embarassed for you haters. If something is different you automaticly hate it..judge it?? GROW UP!
the white guy with lots o

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

Wyatt A Mann wrote:
<quoted text>
uh oh guys, somebody said something over the internet.
get me the phone id like to report a crime!!!
marshallese people can read? they have computers? oh wait the whole tribe sold there wife to a chief for the night to get on, computer that is, not v.d or leprosy !lol
FIR

Garden City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

GWS wrote:
Taking our jobs? Please. If the people wanted to work they would. But mostly the white people there think they are too good to work in plants and factories and would rather live off of welfare and food stamps.
You are such a liar, and you know it. If you actually kept your racism in check, you would realize that even though whites are 60+% of the population, they're only 38% of the welfare population. Just stating fact, because you seem to hate whites. Check facts before spreading yet even more hate. The Marshallese I'm cool with, but I'm not cool with haters like you.
marshallese girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

Judged:

Omg yall ppls r hater...we dnt have sickness for god sake...u white ppls dnt event know us at all...we are way diff...we are loving carin ppls..i have white friends n they seem nice...i dnt like red neck....u white ppls should go to hell....god is good...amen amen...god pls help these white haters..

P.s. Freedom....
We r one..god mad us all fr one bone...pls be nice
jemom

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

Judged:

the white guy with lots o wrote:
<quoted text> marshallese people can read? they have computers? oh wait the whole tribe sold there wife to a chief for the night to get on, computer that is, not v.d or leprosy !lol
yeah its true marshallese can read and write!! and yeah we have computer at our house we just need to leave this behind and move on ri-majol dont forget that what they say its not true and we all know the truth marshallese r clean and we came to america to look for better life and just forget the nurse who came up with this shit she just have to quit her job if she dont want to help people like us!!
mob

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

Do your research guys!! The only reason there is all the illnesses with the marshallese is because of the U.S. doing nuclear tests on THEIR land!!! We ruined their nation!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••