Don't let them take away Kraft Garlic Cheese

Sep 11, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Clarion-Ledger

Q: For many years, the best cookbooks have featured recipes for Garlic Cheese Grits in which you use one roll of Kraft Garlic Cheese.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of81
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lynn ramsey

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Bring back the garlic cheese.
mar c

Monterey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

just wondering if anyone has heard a positive story on whether we are going to have cheese grits for the holidays this year..or if the garlic cheese roll for making cheese grits are still out!! dang it i am craving and missing my cheese grits!..40 yrs old and dying because no cheese grits!
kim

Joplin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

I WANT THE GARLIC CHEESE BACK ON THE MARKET. IT WAS USED FOR SO MANY RECIPES
kim

Joplin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

I want the kraft garlic cheese back on the market. It was used for so many recipes.
goob

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

i used garlic cheese as trout bait, and really wish kraft would put it back in the stores.
Teresa

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2008

Such a family tradition for so many years and generations! It's like another member of the family has passed away!
fred

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

why did kraft get rid of garlic cheese? it was great when you made it with new potatoes. great recipe. i hope they bring it back
marie

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2008

I hope you change your mind and bring back the garlic roll. i use a lot of it during the holidays and special ocasions.
Barbara Thompson

Destin, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

The reason that people weren't buying enough of the Garlic Cheese Rolls is that the grocery stores only made it available during the holidays. I have requested special orders many times, but to no avail. I'm sure customers, when told that it was not available, would just improvise on their recipes. If Kraft had made it available - even in small quantities - to at least the super stores, then sales probably would not have fallen off so drastically. Kraft: please listen to your loyal customers; tell the grocers what you are hearing.

I have the feeling, too, that because of the inundation of a store's own brands (Kroger, Private Selection, etc.), the chain is overstocking with these brands. Why don't they listen to their customers; if a customer is willing to pay for a "named" brand - such as Kraft - then it should be made available. Anymore, the old brand names which are everyone's favorites, are seldom seen on the shelves

Blame the Grocers! We should all start a petition to the major stores!!
Joel

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

I tried to contact Kraft on their website to no avail. Maybe they don't want questions/concerns. I need to have Garlic Cheese re-introduced because I use it in many recipes...just like the Jalapeno Cheese they discontinued a few years ago. What's wrong with Kraft??
Robin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

I'm a deli manager in a retail store in the tulsa area and I would love to be able to stock the garlic cheese. It is one of the most ask for items out of my special cheese case. Our custmers think we have let them down and I hate telling any custmer I can't get them what they want and need.
Ruth

Mandeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Please,please bring back the garlic cheese. I use it in multiple receipes - and while you're at it bring back the jalapena cheese also.
Sonia

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Is there any way to get a recipe for garlic cheese since it is no longer available?
Cathie Vicksburg

Fulton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

A lot of our old favorites required a roll of Kraft Garlic cheese. What kind of substitute can you get for us?
Jane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

WE need the Kraft Garlic roll back in stock at the grocery stores. Many recipes contain this as a necessary ingredient. Kraft, don't do us this way....
carolyn

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2008

Am very disappointed that garlic cheese is no longer available. We can all complain here, but is Kraft even reading this??
Lynda Boerne Tx

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

I have made our traditional broccoli casserole for Thanksgiving for 20 some years. PLEASE bring back the garlic cheese roll! What cheese is used in this roll - cheddar, american? I guess I need a substitute!!!!!
eleanor

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Did anybody come up with a substitute for the Kraft Garlic Cheese? I haven't made the grits in years, but thought I might try them again. I am sure there are some good cooks out there who can help us so we can all continue to make our favorite recipes with garlic cheese.
Vickie

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

We also have made traditional broccoli casserole for Thanksgiving for many many years. WHAT DO WE USE INSTEAD?? Nothing that I have tried tastes the same as Kraft Garlic Cheese in this recipe. PUT KRAFT GARLIC CHEESE BACK ON THE MARKET...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Kelley

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

I am in the same situation. I called Kraft and they advised that the Hoffmans Garlic Cheese ball sold in delis in a 5 pound package would be the best subsitute - but they could not locate a deli in my area that has it. After surfing the internet, I have uncovered these two options - but I don't believe the last one will work.
Garlic Cheese Rolls
11/2 pounds sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 pound processed cheese product such as Velveeta
3 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Garlic powder to taste
Soften cheeses and mix all together well. Shape into four rolls and wrap well in foil or plastic wrap.
OR
Substitute for the discontinued Kraft Garlic Cheese rolls. Try this: For each 6 ounce roll, substitute either 6 ounces of Velveeta or Cheez Wiz from a jar, plus 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of81
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••