How to Type for Transcription Services?

How to Type for Transcription Services?

Posted in the Financial Services Forum

Since: Sep 12

India

#1 Oct 24, 2012
Hello Guys,

As I know that transcription involves listening to be dictated recordings and transcribing them into letters, documents or other types of material. Transcriptionists listen to these recordings on a headset, while using a foot pedal which pauses the recordings when necessary. But, it is still unknown to me that how to type for transcription services that will help for hearing into a word processor or computer. Anyone having great idea on it, then suggest me.

Thanks and Regards,
Derren Brown
Deborah Devitt

Sloughhouse, CA

#2 Oct 25, 2012
Derren,

You play your audio file in a transcription software program, which will be minimized to the toolbar. This leaves your word processing software on the screen for you to type into. I hope that makes sense for you.
DerrenBrown01 wrote:
Hello Guys,
As I know that transcription involves listening to be dictated recordings and transcribing them into letters, documents or other types of material. Transcriptionists listen to these recordings on a headset, while using a foot pedal which pauses the recordings when necessary. But, it is still unknown to me that how to type for transcription services that will help for hearing into a word processor or computer. Anyone having great idea on it, then suggest me.
Thanks and Regards,
Derren Brown

“Reverse mortgage loan Texas”

Since: Sep 12

Kingwood, TX

#3 Oct 26, 2012
A transcription service is a business which converts speech (either live or recorded) into a written or electronic text document. Transcription services are often provided for business, legal, or medical purposes. The most common type of transcription is from a spoken-language source into text such as a computer file suitable for printing as a document such as a report. Common examples are the proceedings of a court hearing such as a criminal trial (by a court reporter) or a physician's recorded voice notes (medical transcription). Some transcription businesses can send staff to events, speeches, or seminars, who then convert the spoken content into text. Some companies also accept recorded speech, either on cassette, CD, VHS, or as sound files. For a transcription service, various individuals and organisations have different rates and methods of pricing. That can be per line, per word, per minute, or per hour, which differs from individual to individual and industry to industry. Transcription companies primarily serve private law firms, local, state and federal government agencies and courts, trade associations, meeting planners and nonprofits.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 Feb 8, 2013
A transcription services is a service which does all the translation work. They translate from one language into another language, data entry, legal transcription and data outsourcing etc.

Since: Nov 12

Philippines

#7 Feb 16, 2013
nice thread. thanks for sharing that information. it was very informative.
[url=http://www.legacylegal.co m/credit-education/credit-topi cs/best-credit-score.asp]waiti ng for approval[/url]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wall Street has made Hillary Clinton a millionaire (Oct '15) Fri okimar 20
News Goldman called clients 'muppets,' ex-executive ... (Mar '12) Fri Wall Street bonus 118
News Rock Financial's David Hall Leaves Lender (Dec '07) Thu Patrick 35
News Lawmakers question quality of KPMG's Wells Farg... Apr 26 He Named Me Black... 9
News McMullin faces big election debt amid talk abou... Apr 23 Trump s Birtherex... 1
News Chris Mintz, veteran hailed as hero of Oregon c... (Oct '15) Apr 21 Erika 66
There are online options to waifan Potato Chips... Apr 20 lindsayrobin 1
More from around the web