Nation Remembers King's Life, Death

Nation Remembers King's Life, Death

There are 9 comments on the NBC 6 South Florida story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Nation Remembers King's Life, Death. In it, NBC 6 South Florida reports that:

A lawmaker who once stood alongside Martin Luther King Jr. has marked the 40th anniversary of the civil rights leader's death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 6 South Florida.

Dave

Miami, FL

#1 Apr 4, 2008
MLK would cry if he could see how the race hustlers like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have twisted his message from equal rights to special rights and affirmative action(aka reverse discrimination.
SueBee

Hesperia, CA

#3 Apr 4, 2008
And this is how we honor Dr. Martin Luther King...

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/st...

It was not Dr. King's intention to pave the way for gang bangers, violence, crime, hatred and murder. It was for equality. His speech has just turned into just words on paper.
Deb

United States

#4 Apr 4, 2008
How dare McCain speak at the Lorraine Motel!!!! Has he forgotten that he voted against the MLK holiday??? His presence there is an insult and his words are bogus. Stay true to yourself John and don;t try to use the memory of this great human being to furthr your own pathetic interests
Deb

United States

#5 Apr 4, 2008
newoxfordpatriot wrote:
As some of the nation's leaders pay tribute to the legacy of Dr. King, let's take a look at how some of the area's blacks are also paying tribute:
1- A group of thugs murder a man in the subway because he was white.
2- Another group of animals, running out of white victims, beats up and tries to kill a black woman, just for kicks.
3- A scan of a variety of local newspapers shows a surge of crime all committed by blacks.
Some much for paying tribute to a real man!!
I so beg to differ with you, although we do not do this man's memory any justice.

1. Where did it ever say that the thugs who attacked and killed this man did it because he was white. Animals as well as decent human beings come in all colors.

2. Please refer to #1 - it destroys your theory. Thugs are just thugs and prey on decent human beings and those they perceive as weak

3. How can you possibly attribute the entire rise in crime to African Americans??
Dave

New Orleans, LA

#6 Apr 4, 2008
DEB,
It's quite reasonable to ascribe violent crime to black's as they're aprox. 12% of the nation, yet they commit 80% of the violent crimes( fbi.gov ).
Do the math, if black's were 50% of the population, they would be committing 97.6% of the violent crimes!- those numbers are staggering so please don't insult our intelligence by casting aspersions against those that are aware of the disparities.
YEAH I SAID IT

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#7 Apr 4, 2008
Can't even keep a thread about MLK positive..........DAMN SHAME !!!!

“It's a catastrophic success”

Since: Apr 08

28th star on the flag

#9 Apr 5, 2008
Please stay on topic with this one...

Being just a child (born in the sixties) oh and white if that makes a difference...I think very highly of Mr. King, I think it would be a different world if Mr. King was still alive today.

He has been a influence in my life to this day. One mans dream..Living as equals, living together, living in peace.

God bless Mr. King
Deb

United States

#10 Apr 8, 2008
Dave wrote:
DEB,
It's quite reasonable to ascribe violent crime to black's as they're aprox. 12% of the nation, yet they commit 80% of the violent crimes( fbi.gov ).
Do the math, if black's were 50% of the population, they would be committing 97.6% of the violent crimes!- those numbers are staggering so please don't insult our intelligence by casting aspersions against those that are aware of the disparities.
And caucasians strt half of the idiotic wars that have permeated this world for centuries - oh I forgot they are all in the name of peace and democracy

“It's a catastrophic success”

Since: Apr 08

28th star on the flag

#11 May 5, 2008
Deb wrote:
<quoted text> And caucasians strt half of the idiotic wars that have permeated this world for centuries - oh I forgot they are all in the name of peace and democracy
Well you do have a point as of late, but you can't say they all were not in the name of peace...

Dec.7, 1941

This one was not of choice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Afton Woman Charged With 1st-Degree Murder (Mar '17) Sat Max Planck 5
News Sign of the times? General Electric's new CEO i... Sep 22 ex-GE never again GE 1
News Politically charged report sheds more light on ... Sep 21 a_visitor 5
News Former mining CEO indicted on campaign fraud ch... Sep 20 jshadyside 1
News 2 Defendants In Lillelid Murders Want Sentence ... (Mar '17) Sep 20 Tabitha 13
News GE cuts salaried workers in Schenectady Sep 17 old engineer 3
News Reports: Monroe police investigate armed bank r... Sep 16 All Trashes 3
More from around the web