Dental office opens in former Jaea s space

After months of renovations and an investment of just under $1 million, the former Jae's Inn on South State Street has reopened as a state-of-the-art dental office. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sam

Chicopee, MA

#1 Jun 29, 2010
would love to go to dr messenger
Im not good enough though. MY insurance is unacceptable. apparently, my teeth are not worth it..
good luck
jet

Springfield, MA

#2 Jun 29, 2010
Thee most expensive dentist in Berkshire County.
becareful

Adams, MA

#3 Jun 29, 2010
jet wrote:
Thee most expensive dentist in Berkshire County.
He likes to give everyone a crown--and not the kind you put on your head!
wow

Easthampton, MA

#4 Jun 29, 2010
sam wrote:
Im not good enough though. MY insurance is unacceptable. apparently, my teeth are not worth it..
good luck
You have the option of paying cash. If you really like the work he does, you don't have to go through your insurance. You can always ask if he'll give you a break. Maybe he will. I don't know him, but he may be reasonable.
LOL

Albany, NY

#5 Jun 29, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the option of paying cash. If you really like the work he does, you don't have to go through your insurance. You can always ask if he'll give you a break. Maybe he will. I don't know him, but he may be reasonable.
I'm sorry, I have to try and take a breath I'm laughing so hard... a dentist willing to "give you a break" on cost? Sure, and Pluto is only a few miles from the Moon. I've been to the good doctor, and I HAVE accepted insurance, and he is by far the most expensive dentist around. Watch out for "you need a crown" all the time, and his famous "I have to send you for a pulp test." I went once for one of those, and the doc he sent me to shook his head in disbelief and said the tooth he was asked to look at was clearly fine.
wow

Glendale, MA

#6 Jun 29, 2010
I have a great dentist, and on procedures my insurance won't cover, he gives me a discount. It's always worth a try.
JUST WONDERING

Chicopee, MA

#7 Jun 29, 2010
State of the art electronic equipment and he can't afford a pulp tester!!!!!!
CONCERNED CITIZEN

United States

#8 Jun 29, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I have to try and take a breath I'm laughing so hard... a dentist willing to "give you a break" on cost? Sure, and Pluto is only a few miles from the Moon. I've been to the good doctor, and I HAVE accepted insurance, and he is by far the most expensive dentist around. Watch out for "you need a crown" all the time, and his famous "I have to send you for a pulp test." I went once for one of those, and the doc he sent me to shook his head in disbelief and said the tooth he was asked to look at was clearly fine.
OH and also he always has to change your fillings to the white ones b/c he doesn't do the other ones and the white ones cost more money........
urkiddin

Williamstown, MA

#9 Jun 29, 2010
after reading all these posts it sounds like the inn will be empty again in a few months
LOL

Albany, NY

#10 Jun 29, 2010
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>
OH and also he always has to change your fillings to the white ones b/c he doesn't do the other ones and the white ones cost more money........
After he told me I needed a useless pulp test, he then tried to tell me I needed a root canal, and he doesn't do root canals, but he'd be happy to crown it once the guy he wanted to refer me to had done the root canal. I went to another dentist, and he took one look, did one small test and told me I needed sensitivity tooth paste, not a root canal. My tooth has been fine ever since. Messenger runs a racket, that's how he can afford to "invest" nearly a million bucks in new digs.
sicko doco

North Adams, MA

#11 Jun 29, 2010
who knows what he'll be doing hiding in the woods over there. at least before he was in the neighborhood.
teeth

Middlefield, MA

#12 Jun 29, 2010
JUST WONDERING wrote:
State of the art electronic equipment and he can't afford a pulp tester!!!!!!
i must respond. in case you are unaware, let me fill you in, on the doc. he has all the latest equipment, and attends a;; trainings and seminars. now; ask your dentist when the last time he attended a training?! nice to be updated on all new things. sometimes; you get what you pay for is so true!!!
Local

Glens Falls, NY

#13 Jun 29, 2010
He charges $1100 for what another Dentist charges $600 for. It's worth the time call around, I did and saved $500.
Lucille

AOL

#14 Jun 30, 2010
Good Luck DR.MESSENGER, my very best to you. a former patient
mo money

Chicopee, MA

#15 Jun 30, 2010
shop around if price is important. He's nice but you'll pay for all the high tech dentist toys, his large good looking staff he takes on cruises and his lifestyle. You'll find his rates for cleanings, fillings, and other basic dental procedures are much higher than the average dentist in the area.
Sally

Springfield, MA

#16 Jun 30, 2010
Dr Messenger is a highly educated, kind, caring individual who works very hard. He has state of the art equipment, no one in Western Ma has, therefore he cares about his patients and not his pockets. He totally puts 100% back into his office. However, only educated patients can appreciate his services.***Note VOTED 2010 BEST OF BERKSHIRES DENTIST...hmm thank goodness he has more educated than ignorant patients.
John

Springfield, MA

#17 Jun 30, 2010
Dr Messenger best of luck to you at your new location. My elderly father is appreciative you moved your practice so you can accomodate handicapped people. He said you told him some day he can roll in and you wouldn't have to carry him in. You are definately a man of your word.
From Williamstown

Williamstown, MA

#18 Jul 1, 2010
sam wrote:
good luck
So its not that you are not good enough, its that your insurance sucks.
Sorry.
From Williamstown

Williamstown, MA

#19 Jul 1, 2010
Sally wrote:
Dr Messenger is a highly educated, kind, caring individual who works very hard. He has state of the art equipment, no one in Western Ma has, therefore he cares about his patients and not his pockets. He totally puts 100% back into his office. However, only educated patients can appreciate his services.***Note VOTED 2010 BEST OF BERKSHIRES DENTIST...hmm thank goodness he has more educated than ignorant patients.
Finally, a voice of reason.
From Williamstown

Williamstown, MA

#20 Jul 1, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I never heard the "famous" pulp test before, and I've been a patient of Gene's since he started. And on the "Give you a break" aspect, its worth a shot. Low income or otherwise disadvantaged people might be able to work out at the very least a payment plan, or a reduction for paying cash instead of insurance.

Its not unheard of. Many of the inflated insurances costs are directly related to to the reams and reams of senseless paperwork that the office must process so they will be eligible for reimbursement. Bypass the insurance, and many of the hurdles for the office are removed. You don't know for sure, unless you ask.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pawlenty to Become Wall Street Lobbyist (Sep '12) 10 hr swedenforever 9
Former J.C. Penney CEO Ron Johnson launching a ... 10 hr bob haller 3
Senate Democrats blast New York Fed over bank r... 12 hr radiofreeamerica 1
Possibility of "Bandido" Biker-Gang Members in ... (Dec '09) Thu Unknown 34
We offer Loan/Bank Guarantee/SBLC/BG Discounting (Dec '10) Thu SLAPHOP 44
Rooftop solar electricity on pace to beat coal,... Wed susiehu123 2
U.S. top court to hear Bank of America cases on... Wed Cement Heads 13

Financial Services People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE