Detroit to become Paris of the Midwest?

Could Detroit soon become the Paris of the Midwest, complete with an upscale grocery store on Woodward Avenue and sidewalk cafes sprouting like flowers? Gilbert laid out his bold Opportunity Detroit vision at a jam-packed press conference Thursday in Motown, promising a main drag awash in ice cream stands, ground-floor retail, pedestrian walkways ... (more) Full Story
Skeeter

Romulus, MI

#1 Mar 29, 2013
The city does have hip to be here happening, but some walk around too tight geez !
Pere

Livonia, MI

#2 Mar 29, 2013
Give me two scoops of Neapolitan. I don't want to offend anybody.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#3 Mar 31, 2013
gee My guess would have been Detroit is to become the Syria of the Midwest at war with its self.

gun fire all over the place with Blacks shooting each other, or shooting at babies or anyone over drug deals gone bad, drive by shootings with the shooters not caring who they hit, armed robberies, looting, assaults , bribes, political corruption, don't sound much like the Paris I know.

forget high end shopping in Detroit. Those single black moms living on welfare can't afford those high end designers prices, unless they get more money from the black drug dealing pimps they work for.

Detroit is like Paris with way too many muslims just hanging around glaring at people going by but that's where the similarity ends. where do they park all them camels in Detroit???
Engrish

Montréal, Canada

#4 Mar 31, 2013
reality is a crutch wrote:
gee My guess would have been Detroit is to become the Syria of the Midwest at war with its self.
gun fire all over the place with Blacks shooting each other, or shooting at babies or anyone over drug deals gone bad, drive by shootings with the shooters not caring who they hit, armed robberies, looting, assaults , bribes, political corruption, don't sound much like the Paris I know.
forget high end shopping in Detroit. Those single black moms living on welfare can't afford those high end designers prices, unless they get more money from the black drug dealing pimps they work for.
Detroit is like Paris with way too many muslims just hanging around glaring at people going by but that's where the similarity ends. where do they park all them camels in Detroit???
My guess would be that your formal education ended very early.
Bryana

London, UK

#5 Mar 26, 2014
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/EvYZBe ) too my friends and family.
Brian Adam

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Mar 28, 2014
Yes I hear Paris smells bad, too.

Since: Nov 11

Taylor, MI

#7 Mar 28, 2014
Engrish wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess would be that your formal education ended very early.
His problem is that he feels compelled to be negative about anything black related to make himself feel better. Anything positive about Detroit, which amounts to a whole lot, is quickly turned into excuse for him to focus on the bad. The sad part is that he probably really doesn't care. He just enjoys denigrating Detroit. Anything to make himself feel better and sate his black people fetish.
Skeeter

Romulus, MI

#8 Mar 28, 2014
Look, there's a flasher !
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#9 Mar 28, 2014
Detroit makes Kabul look like Paris....
Runs with Scissors

Fairfield, CA

#10 Mar 28, 2014
Paris of the Midwest has a freakishly high murder rate. No, more like Johannesburg of the north.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#11 Mar 29, 2014
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
His problem is that he feels compelled to be negative about anything black related to make himself feel better. Anything positive about Detroit, which amounts to a whole lot, is quickly turned into excuse for him to focus on the bad. The sad part is that he probably really doesn't care. He just enjoys denigrating Detroit. Anything to make himself feel better and sate his black people fetish.
yo clyde

I have been to paris and Detroit and Detroit is light years away from being anything like paris France unless you mean the paris France sewer treatment plant.
Skeeter

Romulus, MI

#12 Mar 29, 2014
It's all about where you go and how you get there ?
I drive a new car, go to the nicest restaurants in Detroit and go to all the night life show venues inside this city !
My life style demands mixing with middle to upper class people, but ALWAYS lend a hand to those in need, and be apart of making life a better place here.
Excuse me but I'm running low on wine, I need to go shopping for a Mi. Brand it's the best....

Since: Nov 11

Farmington, MI

#13 Mar 29, 2014
reality is a crutch wrote:
<quoted text>
yo clyde
I have been to paris and Detroit and Detroit is light years away from being anything like paris France unless you mean the paris France sewer treatment plant.
Midtown and Downtown are similar to Paris. Paris I'm SURE has ghettoes and public housing. But because of your absolute hatred of blacks you will never see it
John Door

Cleveland, OH

#14 Mar 29, 2014
How about we use Detroit as a dumping ground for dead blacks? We can mix in garbage and trash there too!
Knockout game

Farmington, MI

#15 Mar 29, 2014
John Door wrote:
How about we use Detroit as a dumping ground for dead blacks? We can mix in garbage and trash there too!
Or how about using whites as punching bags?? Oh yeah....can someone say "Knockout Game"!!! Bwaaaaaaa!!!!
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Mar 29, 2014
City of Lights? Never gonna happen! Even with an Eiffel Tower and an Arc de Triuph it would still be Detroit, a lost cause.
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Mar 29, 2014
Skeeter wrote:
I drive a new car, go to the nicest restaurants in Detroit and go to all the night life show venues inside this city !
My life style demands mixing with middle to upper class people, but ALWAYS lend a hand to those in need, and be apart of making life a better place here.
Excuse me but I'm running low on wine, I need to go shopping for a Mi. Brand it's the best....
Get to the liquor store before all the Ripple and Thunderbird are gone.
Steve

Sumter, SC

#18 Mar 29, 2014
Skeeter wrote:
No doubt you remember when the Empress on Woodward closed.
Talk about driving whites from the city.
Big Bob Butterfocken

San Antonio, TX

#19 Mar 29, 2014
Detroit is pure filth. As a city, it's gone. Ha ha, losers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visa Inc (V) and Mastercard Inc (MA) Stocks Hav... 2 hr Philip Cohen 1
De Blasio under fire amid new threat from Islam... 9 hr Obama Bad 10
Essex Police Crime Commissioner Exposé Mon Stuart Furness 1
Weekly Market Wrap: September 12, 2014 Sep 14 Philip Cohen 2
Bank bailout plans loosen credit markets a bit;... (Sep '08) Sep 12 hubertfields00 8
Singapore investors to take action against Morg... (Oct '13) Sep 12 fayebryant00 28
Joan Rivers still speaks her mind (Jan '11) Sep 11 Homer 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Financial Services People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••