General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sal...

General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

There are 5474 comments on the Bloomberg story from Jul 10, 2008, titled General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

Cville

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#5628 Feb 24, 2014
Bulbmaker wrote:
The people at clp that dont want a union are in the click with The teamlaeder that takes care of them!! So bring on Union people/ papers i will sign & help to get union here if at all possible, this what they call management here sucks!! & r going too screw us ALL over even the suck asses!!
I will sign them also.
true

Louisville, KY

#5629 Feb 24, 2014
So does being "in the click" mean you come to work everyday and do your job. well imagine that, a boss likes someone who makes his life easier and don't like people who makes there life harder -- suprise suprise. i bet when the union comes in they won't like people who play the system either. U think there gonna make your boss get off your back because you suck at your job -- there gonna be on your back along with your boss
Bulbmaker wrote:
The people at clp that dont want a union are in the click with The teamlaeder that takes care of them!! So bring on Union people/ papers i will sign & help to get union here if at all possible, this what they call management here sucks!! & r going too screw us ALL over even the suck asses!!
Bulbmaker

United States

#5631 Feb 27, 2014
Well i do my job & go above & beyound what most people do!!!! Its has got me no where but more duties attached to my job & they reward those that dont give a crap & dont show up half the time
incandescent

Los Angeles, CA

#5632 Mar 1, 2014
Has the Bucyrus and Circleville lamp plants begun production of the energy efficient soft white bulbs yet?
cjj

United States

#5633 Mar 13, 2014
yes, but none will be shipped out till summer. working the bugs out of machines
incandescent wrote:
Has the Bucyrus and Circleville lamp plants begun production of the energy efficient soft white bulbs yet?
Circleville

Akron, OH

#5634 Mar 20, 2014
Would a union rep come to Circleville Lamp Plant and pass out some info at the gate. We need a union and a lot of people want one. Just don't know how about to go about it. I think that would help. Get some info out and set up a meeting.
ex dead end jobs

Canton, OH

#5636 Mar 24, 2014
Bulbmaker wrote:
Well i do my job & go above & beyound what most people do!!!! Its has got me no where but more duties attached to my job & they reward those that dont give a crap & dont show up half the time
yep those who don't show up or gaf!! the new generation of ge employee...R RATE=d rate= those who don't give a f#$k.... and d RATE = THOSE WHO GOVERN YOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RETIREMENT...... HOW YOU DOING?
ex dead end jobs

Canton, OH

#5637 Mar 24, 2014
true wrote:
So does being "in the click" mean you come to work everyday and do your job. well imagine that, a boss likes someone who makes his life easier and don't like people who makes there life harder -- suprise suprise. i bet when the union comes in they won't like people who play the system either. U think there gonna make your boss get off your back because you suck at your job -- there gonna be on your back along with your boss<quoted text>
THE UNION IS ONLY GOING TO TSKE YOUR$$$$$$$$$$ITS CORRUPT ... ASK DOVER ON THERE NEW ELECTRICIAN INCREASE OVERTOOL AND DIE ......... CORRUPTION
ex dead end jobs

Canton, OH

#5638 Mar 24, 2014
OH IM SORRY SOME ONE GOT THERE HOUSE WIRED
ex dead end jobs

Canton, OH

#5639 Mar 24, 2014
Cville wrote:
<quoted text>
I will sign them also.
R A JOKE!! YOU THINK THE UNION IS GOING TO SAVE U ?LOL SAVE YOUR 500 A YEAR... G E IS SCREWING ALL NEW HIRES AND NON UNION AND UNION . LOOK AT FACE BOOK STOP GE WAGE CUTS ......ITS AN EVIL MACHINE .UNION WILL GLADLY SUCK YOUR MONEY...
Circleville

Mansfield, OH

#5640 Jun 5, 2014
I heard several people will be protesting at Circleville lamp plant. The week of June 23. The plant will be down except for two groups. Most of the people working will be temps. The full-time GE people will be on lack of work. So people will be out front of the plant protesting with signs. The groups that will be running is for the new lamps for Walmart. So since that is where they're using a lot of temps at they are going there to protest also.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5641 Jun 9, 2014
Circleville wrote:
I heard several people will be protesting at Circleville lamp plant. The week of June 23. The plant will be down except for two groups. Most of the people working will be temps. The full-time GE people will be on lack of work. So people will be out front of the plant protesting with signs. The groups that will be running is for the new lamps for Walmart. So since that is where they're using a lot of temps at they are going there to protest also.
So what. G.E. does as it wants.
tiger

Louisville, KY

#5642 Jun 9, 2014
Circleville wrote:
we were all given the opportunity to sign up to work and take a temps place during that shutdown.
Circleville

Bucyrus, OH

#5643 Jun 11, 2014
Nobody was offered to take the Temporaries place on the new group or checking bulbs at are rate of pay. What about the people that have more time than people working out there. For example like the warehouse fork truck drivers. It's not fair to the people with more seniority has to take layoff.
tiger

Louisville, KY

#5644 Jun 13, 2014
Circleville wrote:
Nobody was offered to take the Temporaries place on the new group or checking bulbs at are rate of pay. What about the people that have more time than people working out there. For example like the warehouse fork truck drivers. It's not fair to the people with more seniority has to take layoff.
We most certainly were, I read it on the bulletin board!!!! and we had to sign up in HR if we were interested in working. Maybe you should read the bulletin board like the rest of us. I'm all about pointing out things that aren't being done right but this time it was, we were given the choice.
lampmaker

Sardinia, OH

#5645 Jun 14, 2014
Circleville wrote:
FYI...don't forget to get your permits for picketing...just sayin'...:)
lampmaker

Sardinia, OH

#5646 Jun 14, 2014
tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
We most certainly were, I read it on the bulletin board!!!! and we had to sign up in HR if we were interested in working. Maybe you should read the bulletin board like the rest of us. I'm all about pointing out things that aren't being done right but this time it was, we were given the choice.
Agree...Read the board...it's on there.
housewhite

Westside, IA

#5648 Jun 21, 2014
GE Zenith Controls product line given 30 days to prevent transfer of work out of the Chicago factory.

It's about to get interesting.
lancelot

Omaha, NE

#5649 Jun 21, 2014
Ge Burlington received word today Ge Zenith of Chicago will move to Burlington Ia
incandescent

Los Angeles, CA

#5650 Jun 25, 2014
I am wondering if any of the GE fluorescent plant still makes the old T-17 and Power Groove lamps? I know a supplier that's looking for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Antonio Anna's Linens stores are going out ... Thu bannkelly 1
News Goldman called clients 'muppets,' ex-executive ... (Mar '12) Thu swedenforever 96
Need loan shark immediately Sep 2 Andrea Westington 3
Alfa One Corporation Complete Accounting Solutions Sep 1 Anonymous 1
News Trouble at the top for Hudson City Savings Bank (Nov '10) Aug 31 billc793 19
long island teaching jobs and nepotism (Aug '07) Aug 27 noodles 107
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Aug 26 Human 80
More from around the web