General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sal...

General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

There are 5492 comments on the Bloomberg story from Jul 10, 2008, titled General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

RLP Retiree

Akron, OH

#5603 Jan 14, 2014
The lights are out at the Ravenna Lamp Plant that used to make light bulbs, and the traffic light in front of the plant is next to go. General Electric Co. closed its plant at on North Chestnut Street at S.R. 14 in Ravenna. The plant employed 164 people. Work finished up in december 2013.

Good luck to all my Ravenna Lamp Friends and Fellow Retirees!!!
Lamp maker

United States

#5604 Jan 15, 2014
Was Ravenna a union plant?
Cluemore

Stow, OH

#5605 Jan 16, 2014
No, Ravenna was NOT a Union facility.
Lamp maker

Dublin, OH

#5606 Jan 17, 2014
Ok. I was just wondering. Some of the people at CLP is wanting a union now. I thought maybe they could send some of their union people our way. CLP management still has their rubber rule book here. Just change rules and do what they want.
Holden MaGroin

Austin, IN

#5607 Jan 23, 2014
RLP Retiree wrote:
The lights are out at the Ravenna Lamp Plant that used to make light bulbs, and the traffic light in front of the plant is next to go. General Electric Co. closed its plant at on North Chestnut Street at S.R. 14 in Ravenna. The plant employed 164 people. Work finished up in december 2013.
Good luck to all my Ravenna Lamp Friends and Fellow Retirees!!!
Shit flows downhill, Batesville closing in a year(announced today)! Thanx Greg Brumbaugh and Tammy(HR). If you see those people at your facility give it 3 to 4 years! Food for thought. Bean counters can suck on my balls!
Retiree

Canton, OH

#5608 Jan 27, 2014
I was told a union rep has gave a few trust worthy CLP employees info. They are to look it over and keep it to themselves for now.
true

United States

#5609 Jan 27, 2014
people at clp that want a union want the same thing they wanted last time union talk came up. to do nothing and get treated like the people that do something.
RETIREE

Cleveland, OH

#5610 Jan 27, 2014
LIGHTS OUT AT OHIO LAMP PLANT

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/...
Circleville

Canton, OH

#5611 Jan 28, 2014
I would vote for a union at CLP. Show me where to sign.
WWGED

Elyria, OH

#5612 Jan 31, 2014
Hello fellow GE plant closing former employees and retirees.
Found out this week on the BENEFITS.GE.COM web site that as the above we can no longer access OUR payroll information. So if you elected to have the paperless option while you were employed you now have no way to look up your former pay stubs if need be.
Just thought I would put the information out there.
Cluemore

Chagrin Falls, OH

#5613 Jan 31, 2014
WWGED wrote:
Hello fellow GE plant closing former employees and retirees.
Found out this week on the BENEFITS.GE.COM web site that as the above we can no longer access OUR payroll information. So if you elected to have the paperless option while you were employed you now have no way to look up your former pay stubs if need be.
Just thought I would put the information out there.
Some people from Ravenna have called the Webmaster, and they said the site may be in Limbo for us because of the plant closing. They sounded like it would be up and running soon...I Hope because we check on our IEA payments also and cannot access anything but or Savings and our benefits.
WWGED

Elyria, OH

#5616 Feb 2, 2014
Also did anyone receive their Vacation Pay for this year???
clueless

Beachwood, OH

#5617 Feb 5, 2014
WOW ....... I heard they let a RAT loose in a UNION warehouse. Hey brothers and sisters PLEASE watch your backs when you are working because you never know when the RAT will strike.
Outsider

Kent, OH

#5618 Feb 5, 2014
clueless wrote:
WOW ....... I heard they let a RAT loose in a UNION warehouse. Hey brothers and sisters PLEASE watch your backs when you are working because you never know when the RAT will strike.
That's OK that Rat will have plenty of company with the Rats already there!!!
youknow

Ravenna, OH

#5619 Feb 7, 2014
clueless wrote:
WOW... when are you going to get over it ? YOU got fired for harassment, or was it sabotage? Either way it was your fault and no one normal would worry about it. who's dumb enough to do what YOU did. really? what were you thinking ? please just move on to a new topic instead of making this your own personnel sounding board.
WWGED

Elyria, OH

#5620 Feb 9, 2014
When is it the RAVENNA retires meet at EAST PARK?
YOU DONT KNOW

Ravenna, OH

#5622 Feb 14, 2014
WOW !!!!! NEWS TRAVELS FAST..LOL.. HE'S ONLY BEEN WORKING THERE FOR 4 MONTHS
clueless wrote:
Bulbmaker

United States

#5625 Feb 21, 2014
Please one of the union plants help us at circleville lamp plant. We need a UNION !
Bulbmaker

United States

#5626 Feb 21, 2014
The people at clp that dont want a union are in the click with The teamlaeder that takes care of them!! So bring on Union people/ papers i will sign & help to get union here if at all possible, this what they call management here sucks!! & r going too screw us ALL over even the suck asses!!
ex deaendjobs

Canton, OH

#5627 Feb 21, 2014
clueless wrote:
you need a new hobby loser . lol . you got fired .lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sector Wrap: Medical Device Makers Mixed (Jul '07) 13 hr Human 87
News Kelly Akers shows WATE 6 On Your Side Consumer ... 16 hr ssmith 2
News Business Highlights Feb 22 Thomas 4
News Wells Fargo fires four executives, including fo... Feb 21 Ex Senator Santpo... 2
News Democrat member of Federal Election Commission ... Feb 19 tomin cali 1
News Communities will fight industry push to duck fa... Feb 17 tomin cali 1
News What's the catch with H&R Block's free tax serv... (Jan '11) Feb 15 D_Master 8
More from around the web