General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

Jul 10, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Comments (Page 270)

Showing posts 5,381 - 5,400 of5,445
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
dead end job

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Enlighten Us wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to contradict yourself. First you are bitter over the 2nd tier wages. But you also are bitter over anyone making more than that.
not really , I just learned that every division of g.e and automotive is doing this . bitter that 90% of higher paid lesser skilled did most of the whining about performing what the 2nd tier already was doing. at a 3rd of the cost!! wouldn't you be BITTER????
dead end job

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

clueless wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should take my screen name.... your are truly CLUELESS .....
maybe I should call MYSELF IDGAF!!! clueless iam not .. I left by CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!
ex dead end

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

dead end job wrote:
<quoted text>maybe I should call MYSELF IDGAF!!! clueless iam not .. I left by CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!
what I ment ,I WAS NOT FIRED LIKE YOU!!!FIRED FROM G.E........LOL THATS FUNNY

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

When this thread was started it was to share information about what we were hearing about our jobs. Not what it has now turned into, a pissing contest to put each other down. Lets not fall into the companies trap of dividing us up. Our only strength is if we keep together, and spreading truthful information. Remember if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.
dead end job

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Mira Loma wrote:
When this thread was started it was to share information about what we were hearing about our jobs. Not what it has now turned into, a pissing contest to put each other down. Lets not fall into the companies trap of dividing us up. Our only strength is if we keep together, and spreading truthful information. Remember if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.
To late for that, the 2 tier is the division!! 12 to 14$$$ more an hr. was the division !!!! your retirement is going to be the 2nd tier vengeance!!!
Divided We Fall

Dover, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

To late for that, the 2 tier is the division!! 12 to 14$$$ more an hr. was the division !!!! your retirement is going to be the 2nd tier vengeance!!!

Suggest you find something better to do with your spare time then write comments on this thread. If you are no longer a G.E. employee you need to get another hobby.
What

Monmouth, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

GE has closed 30 U.S. plants since 2008. It has been announced that these are next for 2013-2014. Fort Edwards, NY, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Salt Lake City, Pittsburgh, Kentucky. Are these GE plants still open? Can anyone confirm?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

We had 5 guys asked if they were interested in VRIP yesterday. Sure wish I was 60.
lampmaker

Troy, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Mira Loma wrote:
We had 5 guys asked if they were interested in VRIP yesterday. Sure wish I was 60.
6 at Circleville

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Heard today that the same offer from last year was made.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Found out today that it is really only 3 offers. Turned out that one missed it by 27 days (birthday is Dec 27), and the other has his birthday at the end of January.

Since: Nov 13

South Lake Tahoe, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Leaving the employees is a not a solution. Being an employee I will not be happy with such act.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Mira Loma wrote:
Found out today that it is really only 3 offers. Turned out that one missed it by 27 days (birthday is Dec 27), and the other has his birthday at the end of January.
Turns out that of the three that were offered. Only one took it, and today is his last day. Lucky guy.
Joe GaLoopy

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

you people make me want to soil myself.
Joe GaLoopy

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

I hear theys gonna open a dil-do factory at Ohio Lamp.
Mr Plant Manager

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

I am the plant manager, and I eat poop. poop good. me love poop. i am what I eat.
Mr Plant Manager

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

wherre OLP picnic gonna be dis year? Geauga Lake?
Retiree

Fostoria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Is it true OSHA was called to Circlecille lamp plant. I heard the hvac guy put a gas heater up and didn't vent it threw the roof. He just vented it inside the plant. Somebody seen it and called OSHA. I heard it was like that for a mounth.
Clp worker

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Yes osha was here. Don't know if we got a fine or not.
Lamp maker

Polk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

I wish we had a union in this plant. We need on bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,381 - 5,400 of5,445
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••