General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sal...

General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

There are 5481 comments on the Bloomberg story from Jul 10, 2008, titled General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

Here we go again

United States

#5479 Jun 7, 2013
ex dead end job employee wrote:
<quoted text>this is 100 % true . its being built in canton south industrial park. going to employ 30 or so . it was in the local news paper more than once
what paper was this in. If it is for the oil and gas they are not part of transportation.
ex dead end job employee

Akron, OH

#5480 Jun 7, 2013
Here we go again wrote:
<quoted text>what paper was this in. If it is for the oil and gas they are not part of transportation.
canton rep
ex dead end job employee

Akron, OH

#5481 Jun 7, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>You have issues .... What a person is able to afford is not my BUSINESS. I don't judge myself or my life on what someone else has or doesn't have. Sounds very selfish to me. You moved on, good for you. Sounds like you HATE eveyone else that may be a little better off than yourself. And yes I do have 4 Harley, 1 boat, 1 R.V. camper and 3 cars but I don't have rental properties. Maybe I will try that next....
maybe you wont have a job next year!!!!overpaid
ex dead end job employee

Akron, OH

#5484 Jun 10, 2013
<quoted text>maybe you wont have a job next year!!!!overpaid
all those toys and no education . counting on your union to save your overpaid lazy ass... people like you are the reason people like me can not stand people like you . I worked with them 27 30 hr guys raising hell about doing a little bit of work that the d rates did. I know that you have that bad taste in your mouth of whats down the road for you!
u crazy

United States

#5485 Jun 11, 2013
Don't hate the player hate the game! ex dead end job employee!
curious

United States

#5486 Jun 11, 2013
<quoted text> all those toys and no education . counting on your union to save your overpaid lazy ass... people like you are the reason people like me can not stand people like you . I worked with them 27 30 hr guys raising hell about doing a little bit of work that the d rates did. I know that you have that bad taste in your mouth of whats down the road for you!
if they didn't vote in the 2 tier pay scale you would have never had a job there in the 1st place. i'm sure some people appreciated the work while they had it, so i say to you "don't go away mad -- just go away "
u crazy

Taylor, MI

#5487 Jun 11, 2013
And I say you need to choke on a chill pill talking like that man u crazy

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5488 Jun 11, 2013
I hired in and agreed to what they offered to pay me, and never complained about what everyone else was making. And, a vote is the vote, I guess if it had went your way, then not a word would be said, except a big laugh because you got your way.
X dead end job employee

United States

#5489 Jun 12, 2013
ChrisKross wrote:
I hired in and agreed to what they offered to pay me, and never complained about what everyone else was making. And, a vote is the vote, I guess if it had went your way, then not a word would be said, except a big laugh because you got your way.
yep I agreed to the shit ass pay .until I saw the huge difference in pay. so I QUIT!!its just sad situation to f#$k people sooooooooo bad .I didn't have to stay I got a little better outside the BOX!but with no skills u have to swallow it ...
clueless

Beachwood, OH

#5490 Jun 12, 2013
X dead end job employee wrote:
<quoted text>yep I agreed to the shit ass pay .until I saw the huge difference in pay. so I QUIT!!its just sad situation to f#$k people sooooooooo bad .I didn't have to stay I got a little better outside the BOX!but with no skills u have to swallow it ...
So then why are you mad at the world. Be happy with what you have and enjoy LIFE. I know every time I wake up in the morning it is a great day ....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5491 Jun 12, 2013
<quoted text>yep I agreed to the shit ass pay .until I saw the huge difference in pay. so I QUIT!!its just sad situation to f#$k people sooooooooo bad .I didn't have to stay I got a little better outside the BOX!but with no skills u have to swallow it ...
I understand, it is tough out here with the wages going down everywhere and manufacturing going overseas. Who is going to buy this stuff, if we are all out of a job?? There is something wrong with this whole picture? Hang on. We are all in this sinking boat together, that is for sure.
Jobs gone

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#5492 Jun 12, 2013
I find it amusing the amount of overtime being worked at Ravenna. Shutting the plant down in about 6 months but we have to build an inventory for Mexico and Hungary because they are incapable of doing it, Hey stupid!!! What are you gonna do when Ravenna is closed and your inventories run out? So long lighting LOL!!! I can't wait to walk out of those doors for the last time. Any company would be better to work for than G.E.
u crazy

Taylor, MI

#5493 Jun 13, 2013
Same at Ohio Lamp I hear ya
X dead end job employee

Akron, OH

#5494 Jun 13, 2013
Jobs gone wrote:
I find it amusing the amount of overtime being worked at Ravenna. Shutting the plant down in about 6 months but we have to build an inventory for Mexico and Hungary because they are incapable of doing it, Hey stupid!!! What are you gonna do when Ravenna is closed and your inventories run out? So long lighting LOL!!! I can't wait to walk out of those doors for the last time. Any company would be better to work for than G.E.
I agree worst company . dover will get most of Ravenna's work
clueless

Beachwood, OH

#5495 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>I agree worst company . dover will get most of Ravenna's work
Dover will not get ANY of Ravenna's work. Why would you even think that. What could they possibly send to Dover?????
u crazy

United States

#5496 Jun 14, 2013
Who is getting all Ohio Lamp's stuff
xdead end job

Akron, OH

#5497 Jun 15, 2013
u crazy wrote:
Who is getting all Ohio Lamp's stuff
I bet hungary ..
xdead end job

Akron, OH

#5498 Jun 15, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Dover will not get ANY of Ravenna's work. Why would you even think that. What could they possibly send to Dover?????
have you checked with your union rep??? oh wait you don't have one !!
perturbed

Ravenna, OH

#5499 Jun 15, 2013
If you work for any part of lighting, or if your making parts for Ravenna or Ohio Lamp or if your plant manager is cleaning up to "move in new machinery" then its only a matter of time before the greedy corporate schmucks shut down your plant. The writing has been on the wall for years at Ravenna, machinery that is decent has already been sent to hungary,,our bases and arctubes are already made there, stop fooling yourself
u crazy

Painesville, OH

#5501 Jun 16, 2013
The EEH lamps and Par38 have to be made and stamped made in USA or they will loose Walmart thats the deal between GE and Walmart and Lowes is right behind them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five big banks face criminal charges and $5 bil... (May '15) Fri swedenforever 54
News Goldman called clients 'muppets,' ex-executive ... (Mar '12) Fri Sri Lanka Vanka 110
News Why Wall Street fought so hard against Brexit Jul 20 hijka 2
Encode Blu-ray collection to MP4 for Samsung Ta... Jul 5 Hailey 1
Wedding Gift Ideas For Groom From Bride Jul 5 heartfeltbooks 1
News KPMG insiders warned Isle of Man tax scheme cou... Jun 29 Usertame 1
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun 28 Swedenforever 6
More from around the web