Top H-1B Visa User of 2010: an Indian...

Top H-1B Visa User of 2010: an Indian Firm

There are 10 comments on the CIO story from Feb 11, 2011, titled Top H-1B Visa User of 2010: an Indian Firm. In it, CIO reports that:

Computerworld - Offshore IT service providers continue to rank among the largest employers of H-1B visa workers, according to U.S. data.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CIO.

US Citizen

Seattle, WA

#1 Feb 11, 2011
I guess Americans are just to stupid to fill those jobs. Why not just let everyone come here and steal jobs, do they need a place to stay ? They can take my house and my money too. Most American politicians rotten to the core, selling out fellow citizens for $$$. You have more rights as a foreign national now than a citizen. Few more years and they will round up citizens and put us on reservations.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2 Feb 11, 2011
They really need to take the bull by the horns on this one and control those H-1B visa apps. They need make firms jump through longer hoops to verify both the company and the applicants.
Fed Up Vet

Herndon, VA

#3 Feb 12, 2011
With unemployment in this country over 9%, this nation can no longer allow foreign nationals to work in this country either as temporary workers or as illegal aliens.

Send ALL illegal aliens home! No excuses, No exceptions. Stop issuing new and renewal "Temporary" work visas until the unemployment rate is less than 5%.

Seal the southern border with the military if necessary. No excuses, No Exceptions.

Let the labor marketplace work.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#4 Feb 12, 2011
Feds probe Calif.'sham university' for visa fraud

SAN FRANCISCO - The government of India is urging the United States to show
leniency toward Indian students who were enrolled at a "sham university" in
California that U.S. authorities say was a front for illegal immigration.

The U.S. attorney's office alleges the owner of Tri-Valley University in
Pleasanton used the unaccredited school to charge foreigners millions of
dollars in tuition fees and help them obtain student visas to stay in the
U.S.

Officials at Tri-Valley did not immediately respond to a request for comment
Monday.

There were 1,555 students enrolled at Tri-Valley last fall and about 95
percent of them were from India, according to a complaint filed Jan. 19 in
U.S. District Court in San Francisco.

Many of those students, who took Tri-Valley courses online, could be
deported if they are found to be in violation of their immigration status.

Indian officials say the students are being "treated like criminals" by U.S.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents even though they were issued
valid U.S. visas by American consular officials in India.

"I don't think any of them had any idea this was a sham university," said
Susmita Gongulee Thomas, consul general of India in San Francisco. "I don't
think any of them had the motivation to defraud any rules of the U.S.
government ... These students came here genuinely to improve their prospects
and they should not be criminalized or victimized."

Students told Indian consulate officials that they were searched, treated
rudely and handcuffed before being taken into immigration offices for
questioning, Thomas said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_us/us_uni...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#5 Feb 12, 2011
A Government Program That Insults Americans

by Ian de Silva

02/02/2011

Quote:

"So, in just those three visa categories alone, the government issued visas
to 316,000 foreign workers in 2009. But that does not include the spouses
and children of those visa-holders. When you include them, the number is
436,000. Why is this important? Because in many cases the spouses and
working-age children, both of whom are generally forbidden to be employed
here, resort to working here illegally anyway. Let's face it, they know that
if Mexican illegal aliens without any papers can work here, then why not
them?

Even those numbers are only part of the story. For they do not include visas
for permanent residence, i.e., green cards. In 2009, the government issued
green cards to - hold on to your seat because this is jarring - 1,131,000
foreigners. Of these, 843,000 were adults aged 21 years or older. Since
green-card holders have permanent permission to work, this means that in
2009 alone, the government enabled 843,000 adult foreigners to permanently
compete with Americans looking for jobs.

So, you see, between temporary visas and permanent residence visas, the
government admitted well morer than a million foreign workers in 2009 alone.
This is while 15 million Americans were out of work. It clearly indicates
how utterly oblivious the government is to the realities of daily life in
America.(And this is the same government that liberals think can run our
health care?)"
US Citizen

Seattle, WA

#6 Feb 12, 2011
There is a big disconnect between the people and it's government. From the evidence our government has no intention of stopping the flow of foreign labor (illegal or otherwise). Corporations demand it and the politicians bow to their masters. It's all about getting re-elected. Yes illegal aliens vote thru fraudulent documents. It's so easy a moron can do it.
US Citizen

Seattle, WA

#7 Feb 12, 2011
It's so bad Sen Patty Murray had illegal aliens campaigning for her.
AmberDru

Columbus, OH

#8 Feb 12, 2011
Companies headquartered in the U.S. have been shown that they try not to hire Americans.

Didn't hear of any prosecutions though.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/c...

Outsourcing: How to Skirt the Law
Want to hire cheaper foreign workers instead of Americans? A lawyer tells you how to game the immigration system—and it's all on YouTube

by Moira Herbst

The video looks as though it could have been shot at almost any sleepy corporate seminar in the country, with one camera panning between a man in a suit and tie standing at a podium and others seated nearby. But the dialogue is riveting: It's a group of lawyers openly discussing strategies for helping their clients pretend that they're trying to recruit American workers—as required by law—while they, in fact, hire cheaper foreign workers.

"[O]ur goal is clearly not to find a qualified and interested U.S. worker," says Lawrence Lebowitz, director of marketing for the Pittsburgh law firm Cohen & Grigsby, before an audience of employers at the firm's conference. The seminar provides details on how employers can meet the government's requirements for the Permanent Labor Certificate program (PERM), which lets employers sponsor foreign workers for permanent residency if they can demonstrate no U.S. worker can fill a job. The trick, according to Cohen & Grigsby attorneys, is to only go through the motions of hiring Americans without ever intending to.

The video, which has been posted on YouTube (GOOG), is now sparking a sharp backlash. On June 21, Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Representative Lamar Smith (R-Tex.) fired off a letter to Cohen & Grigsby demanding an explanation for its advice, as well as going so far as to ask for the names of its clients. "Your firm's video advises employers how to hire only foreign labor, while making it nearly impossible for a qualified American worker to get a job," they wrote. "We look forward to hearing from you on how such advice is ethical and does not undermine the programs by enticing fraud and misuse." (See the lawmakers' letter here.) A public relations firm representing Cohen & Grigsby did not return phone calls seeking comment.
US Citizen

Seattle, WA

#9 Feb 12, 2011
Lawyers..., see a pattern here ? Destroying America because it's profitable.
Meena

Alpharetta, GA

#11 Aug 28, 2013
H1B Indian visa IT workers has misconception that Indian American IT workers can find a job elsewhere. But If you majored in computer science and have worked in that field for 20 years why would one go outside IT to work?.... Every time I come across Indian – being Indian and in IT it’s not that hard as you can imagine :-)…They are like ‘ you can find job elsewhere you are citizen’…Why would I go elsewhere this my career and this is what I enjoy doing and all I know….

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News China's bull market in conspiracy theories Wed Conspiraciesabound 2
News Obama admin officials visit Congress to help se... Tue All Politicians R... 1
do you need a loan (May '13) Jul 25 Stecay 59
News Woman Accused of Stealing Rent Monies from Dime... (Apr '13) Jul 25 mac 310
News Bank of America and Walgreens Most Active Stock... (Jun '12) Jul 24 Raj Chanani 7
Copy/Rip DVD to Surface Pro 3 without DVD drive (Nov '14) Jul 24 KimikoJim 2
News Goldman called clients 'muppets,' ex-executive ... (Mar '12) Jul 22 Trump will win 95
More from around the web