Nine retailers with the worst customer service

Mar 8, 2013 Full story: WHP-TV Harrisburg 48

Courtesy CBS MarketWatch: Customer satisfaction with retailers is at an all-time high.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Diane

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Mar 8, 2013
Way to go, Walgreens. Keep cutting those hours and positions.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 8, 2013
But Dis-G said the customers LOOOVE what we're doing. They love extra special attention at the checkout with half a dozen question for every customer. And eventually, they will love the non-english speaking immigrant labor that we will hire to save on labor costs.

You mean he's wrong?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3 Mar 8, 2013
OutCastEXA wrote:
But Dis-G said the customers LOOOVE what we're doing. They love extra special attention at the checkout with half a dozen question for every customer. And eventually, they will love the non-english speaking immigrant labor that we will hire to save on labor costs.

You mean he's wrong?
LMAO!! I've had people openly tell me that they quit going into Walgreens because of the millions of things we are forced to ask them at check out. Can't say I blame them either. I want to avoid that stuff as much as possible whenever I'm shopping somewhere else. Id love to see our DM or higher ups come into the store and ask just 5 people all the crap were made to ask and see how they like it when the customers get irritated. Real easy for them to tell us to do this crap when they're not the ones doing it.
outsider

Hobbs, NM

#4 Mar 8, 2013
Yup! No one likes it, and when you serve the same customers over and over, they really get sick of the same questions over and over. I am in a small town and see the same customers all the time and they're sick of 'em already.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5 Mar 8, 2013
Actually, if you go to the ASCI website, this is what you discover:

1) Walgreens score increased from last year.

2) Walgreens beat CVS.

3) Rite Aid beat Walgreens and CVS, but is near economic collapse.

4) It was rather easy for Walgreens to be in the bottom 10 because the entire survey actually surveyed a small fraction of retailers in the country.(go look and see) And, when you're up against a small pool of retailers including Macy's and Nordstroms, it's not hard to be in the bottom 10 as a drugstore.

Thanks for posting though. You did prove my point. Customer service is getting better!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Mar 8, 2013
How is it possible to do bad against somewhere like Macy's or Nordstroms? Yeah you can sort of spot their employees, but none of them proactively usually ask if you need help.
Welcome2Walgreen s

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Mar 8, 2013
Just be warm with your customers . Be real and down to earth , if they shun the card let them. Sometime I just agree with them as they complain about ANOTHER CARD . All of our days go better when the customer is happy, we try . Walgreens needs to give us more hours to do our thing the best way but looks like that is not going to happen. I would love to see when the lines back up for Photo and Cos to page to the Customers they are now open to ring them up.

Also, you can " read " and feel the vibes from the customers who do not want to chat and are on a mission to get the heck out of our store asap, ring and let them as quckly as you can .

Pharmacy waits are not as easy to fix. Humans are needed , but even when that goes way wrong for the customer , if you are warm and tell them you are sorry for their wait time it ends a little better.
Wife

Metairie, LA

#8 Mar 8, 2013
Donnelly007 wrote:
How is it possible to do bad against somewhere like Macy's or Nordstroms? Yeah you can sort of spot their employees, but none of them proactively usually ask if you need help.

Spent a fun filled Friday night in the mall with my 13 year old. Not one person helped us in New York and Co, and Macy's wasn't any better...and Forever 21 is a total joke. I stopped expecting help along time ago.
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#9 Mar 8, 2013
Last Macy's I went to was outside Chicago in Oakbrook. The service was the best I have ever had at a retailer.
Welcome2Walgreen s

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Mar 8, 2013
Last trip to Lowes I could see red vested people darting across the isles peaking to see if there were customers that might ask them a question. If I looked their way , they just zoomed to the next isle .

late last fall I could see a mower for $300 on the top shelf and the clerk told me to go home and order online" to the store" and they would get it down in a day or two . I just went to another home store and bought one the same day.

Our service is better than that on a bad day.
Wife

Metairie, LA

#11 Mar 8, 2013
thespaz wrote:
Last Macy's I went to was outside Chicago in Oakbrook. The service was the best I have ever had at a retailer.
Dillard's here is actually well staffed with helpful people. I just never end up on that side of the mall. I also forgot...Office Depot people are always on the ball. I just feel sorry for the Kmart greeters. I spent an hour servicing one today, and all I heard was "welcome to Kmart" over and over again. She told that to me twice' and handed me flyers 2 different times. I was wearing a bright yellow outfit. How many people walking into Kmart in one hour wear bright yellow and are under 45? Not many! Poor woman must repeat it in her dreams.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 8, 2013
disgovernment wrote:
Actually, if you go to the ASCI website, this is what you discover:
1) Walgreens score increased from last year.
2) Walgreens beat CVS.
3) Rite Aid beat Walgreens and CVS, but is near economic collapse.
4) It was rather easy for Walgreens to be in the bottom 10 because the entire survey actually surveyed a small fraction of retailers in the country.(go look and see) And, when you're up against a small pool of retailers including Macy's and Nordstroms, it's not hard to be in the bottom 10 as a drugstore.
Thanks for posting though. You did prove my point. Customer service is getting better!
#1 is like saying clerks are wealthier this year due to their 20 raise.
#2 is like saying Butthead is smarter than Beavis
#3 =#2
#4 It's pretty sad that in that list of retailers, most were bargain discounters. Walmart has low prices. TJX and SuperValu are bargain bin marts. Safeway sucks because they have no cashiers and lines are 20 deep at times plus their prices are high. Walgreens fits right into the Safeway niche, high prices and low service. You can excuse Walmart, TJX, and SuperValu for poor service since they're bargain bins. What's the excuse for Safeway and Walgreens?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#13 Mar 9, 2013
OutCastEXA wrote:
You mean he's wrong?
LOL! dis-g is delusional

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#14 Mar 9, 2013
qgyh2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! dis-g is delusional
You learn that after a few days on Topix.

Location hidden

#15 Mar 9, 2013
I used to live in a market with Safeway, and my wife and I thought their service was exceptional. We had to kick Giant Food and Shoppers Food to the curb.

Lowes does suck. I had to make a full time switch to Home Depot a few years ago.

OutcastEXA...what can I say? You picked the perfect user name! I hope your $150 settlement check comes soon so you can get the new Play Station! P.S.- Have you been putting the 7 cultural beliefs to use in your store?
Diane

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Mar 9, 2013
Walgreens Cultural beliefs are a joke. As is the 4 way test. Lmfao!!

Location hidden

#17 Mar 9, 2013
disgovernment wrote:
OutcastEXA...what can I say? You picked the perfect user name! I hope your $150 settlement check comes soon so you can get the new Play Station! P.S.- Have you been putting the 7 cultural beliefs to use in your store?
I thought only LibTards used personal insults when they have nothing else to come back with. I suppose there are always tards no matter which way you lean.
exa

Buffalo, NY

#18 Mar 9, 2013
outcastexa... we will get the last laugh when one of two things happens. MGR's are no longer needed because of cl's and asm's, or he gets fat sitting in his office pondering his life as a Walgreens store manager. Where did he go wrong..

At some point, he will come to the realization that as a Walgreens Store Manager, you are basically a nothing in society, yet MGR's walk around like they are all important parts of a functioning society. "we make the world go round"... wrong cock smoker.. you are just getting fatter sitting in the office.

a good mgr is only as good as his EXA...
Gettingbored

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 9, 2013
exa wrote:
outcastexa... we will get the last laugh when one of two things happens. MGR's are no longer needed because of cl's and asm's, or he gets fat sitting in his office pondering his life as a Walgreens store manager. Where did he go wrong..
At some point, he will come to the realization that as a Walgreens Store Manager, you are basically a nothing in society, yet MGR's walk around like they are all important parts of a functioning society. "we make the world go round"... wrong cock smoker.. you are just getting fatter sitting in the office.
a good mgr is only as good as his EXA...
That's why my EXA has been averaging one year per store he has been in?

Davao, Philippines

#20 Mar 10, 2013
nice thread. thanks for sharing that information. it was very informative.
[url=http://www.legacylegal.co m/credit-education/credit-topi cs/improve-credit-score.asp]Im prove Credit Score[/url]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do you need a loan (May '13) 20 hr gsmarketing 45
General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Oct 23 lampmaker 5,461
Lawsuits allege OneWest bank can profit from fo... (Feb '10) Oct 22 hubertfields00 16
Incoming Supervalu CEO Duncan to make $1.5 mill... (Jan '13) Oct 22 fayebryant00 3
Indians taking away American jobs is a myth (Mar '10) Oct 21 Meena 49
Hedge Funds Cut Bullish Bets on Crude as Prices... Oct 20 harvinedhalmon 1
Feds terminate enforcement action on Bank of Ba... (Apr '13) Oct 20 williamscharles71 2

Financial Services People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE