J.C. Penney shares plunge after 4Q ma...

J.C. Penney shares plunge after 4Q massive loss

There are 10 comments on the Press & Sun-Bulletin story from Feb 28, 2013, titled J.C. Penney shares plunge after 4Q massive loss. In it, Press & Sun-Bulletin reports that:

I pulled a venison roast out of the freezer the other night because I was expecting a houseful of family members over the weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press & Sun-Bulletin.

Ron has not cut back

Hampton, VA

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Looks like Ron got a free lice haircut from the customers.
Wait until he loses that Macy's trial those stocks will hit the 6-7 mark.

I say we give Ron one of his paper thin Indian, Chinees neon shirts, MSRP $150, to go with his new haircut and show him the door.

Differents between the guy who founded Penny's and Ron, James Penny would shop a Penny's, Ron wouldn't be caught dead off camera in on.

I wonder if he will stop using that corporate jet to fly into work 2-3 times a week, his stays at the most expensive hotels. This behavior is a clear an indicator of a man that doesn't care. Others get fired for the good of the cause, Ron life style doesn't change. Clearly a company with a bad board of directors.

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Feb 28, 2013
Kohls is better
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Mar 1, 2013
Yep Kohls is now fr better than the hated JCP. Although Kohls lacks the once wonderful customer service Penneys had till ron destroyed the company:( Commisioned sales people tend to provide wonderful service.

Once Ron is kicked out the door the attempt to save penneys should include return of commisioned sales people, with attempts to rehire as many people old penneys workers as possible
really

Manlius, NY

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Who cares?
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Mar 1, 2013
really wrote:
Who cares?
If you arent interested in penneys and the train wreck it has become why are you here?
really

Manlius, NY

#6 Mar 1, 2013
bob haller wrote:
<quoted text>
If you arent interested in penneys and the train wreck it has become why are you here?
Because I find idiots like you entertaining.
No Surprise

Gouverneur, NY

#7 Mar 1, 2013
All you have to do is walk in and spend 5 minutes in the store. Sad to see a very good store totally ruined. Among other thing, they did away with the most popular brands. There is talk that management plans to reverse some of the terrible business decisions that were made in recent months but they have lost their chance and a comeback in unlikely.
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Mar 1, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>Because I find idiots like you entertaining.
I find that slamming people personally only demeans the poster.....

Ron J dont you have better things to do??

like planning your next mega screw up.. you will be leaving JCP shortly:)

Since: Mar 13

Tobyhanna, PA

#9 Mar 13, 2013
A few coupons and people are shopping by the droves. Even if its to little to late to save us, it proves they were all talk. Sales and coupons might be back, but so are the higher original prices to give people the illusion of savings.

Since: Apr 13

New Hartford, NY

#10 Jun 5, 2013
I went to JCP in New Hartfort and it looked like a garage sale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Financial Markets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stocks, dollar rattled by tightening US electio... 3 hr GLORIA11 4
News California Democrats propose series of infrastr... 8 hr tomin cali 1
News Bank Companies Succeed Despite Global Economy C... (Mar '12) 18 hr sixty six 6 man 5
News PulteGroup Inc. (PHM) Bond Prices Fall 1.8% Dec 2 zionist swamp 2
News Trump's tangled businesses pose potential for c... Nov 17 Go Blue Forever 23
News Clinton hopes early vote will seal Nevada victory Nov 14 Now_What- 17
News Trump victory increases uncertainties for globa... Nov 13 Conner 2
More from around the web