Gas jump 2.5 cents overnight

Full story: KUSA Denver 37
" Gas prices jumped 2.5 cents at the pump overnight as the closure of two refineries in the Midwest continued to curb gasoline supplies in the Midwest and Plains states. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

United States

#1 Jul 11, 2007
Gas jumped 10 cents yesterday morning to afternoon, 3.01 to 3.11 out here on Wadsworth.
David

Fort Collins, CO

#2 Jul 11, 2007
Remember the times when gas was around a dollar a gallon, under a Democratic president. no less. With the Republican oil president it's over 3 dollars a gallon. Does anybody else care to know what was discussed in those secret energy task force meetings between Cheney and the oil companies. I know I sure do, but I feel like I am unlike most Americans in actually giving a crap about what our leaders are up to. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism people.
David

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Jul 11, 2007
According to the story:

The closure of a refinery in Coffeyville, Kan., due to flooding and the shutdown of a huge piece of oil processing equipment at a BP PLC refinery in Whiting, Ind., have pushed gas prices in the center of the country higher in recent days, in turn forcing the national average up, analysts say.

Problem is when the refineries are back to full capacity, the oil companies will wait an extra two weeks before bringing down the price. To all those who are unaware, this is price gouging. Contact your Congress person and Senator and complain, there is a lot at stake next year for both Congress and the Senate. With enough voices they will be forced to listen to the will of the people, and not corporate interests and donors. Take back our government.

“Prayer Helps”

Since: Jul 07

southtown

#4 Jul 11, 2007
remember when refinery was up and running...
coffeyvile gas was still higher than surrounding towns....now that they have donated over 71,000 gal of oil to the coffeyville eastside...were paying 3.39gal last time i looked..

Since: May 07

Chandler, AZ

#5 Jul 11, 2007
We're at $2.79. Nah nah nah nah nah!

:)
AZ gas

Drake, CO

#6 Jul 11, 2007
RM is right I was just in Phoenix its below $2.80 and thats the equivelant of Colorado midgrade (87)

Colorado has so many standards causing so many additives that the gas costs more but I must say the only nice thing about AZ was the gas prices, it was 119 on the 4th of July in Phoenix I will never go to that hell hole again unless its February

Since: May 07

Chandler, AZ

#7 Jul 11, 2007
AZ gas wrote:
RM is right I was just in Phoenix its below $2.80 and thats the equivelant of Colorado midgrade (87)
Colorado has so many standards causing so many additives that the gas costs more but I must say the only nice thing about AZ was the gas prices, it was 119 on the 4th of July in Phoenix I will never go to that hell hole again unless its February
Did you attend the fireworks display in Downtown Tempe? It started a half hour late and 30 people ended up in the hospital. Come back in October - February, never a temp below 35! It's nice!
Vomiting Again

Boulder, CO

#8 Jul 11, 2007
David wrote:
Remember the times when gas was around a dollar a gallon, under a Democratic president. no less. With the Republican oil president it's over 3 dollars a gallon. Does anybody else care to know what was discussed in those secret energy task force meetings between Cheney and the oil companies. I know I sure do, but I feel like I am unlike most Americans in actually giving a crap about what our leaders are up to. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism people.
Where do you get this crap? Al Gore, Michael Moore, John Kerry?

Unlike most Americans you fall for anything and everything you hear. Try educating yourself on basic economics before you attempt to persuade others.

Also, your partisan views are really old and tired try thinking for yourself for a change.
Mongotazz

Denver, CO

#9 Jul 11, 2007
What the government doesn't want you to know, is that Mexico has 10,000 years of oil.
When Bush Sr. was in Office the Mexican Governmet approached and offered to sell the oil at only 19.00$ a barrol. Being the Wonderful President he was, he refused stating that The U.S. still had a two year contract with Opec.
So then why didn't our government come up with a contract stating that at the end of the two years we would buy our oil from Mexico.
I'll tell you why our government is just like everyone out there, all they care about is the all mighty dollar. And making the rich f**ks richer and to he?? with the working class.
BigDee

Littleton, CO

#10 Jul 11, 2007
If (god forbid) a Democrat wins the Presidency, and the gas prices stay above $2.50, what are the people like David going to say then.

I remember gas was .98 a gallon in 2001 or 2002 at the gas station at 10th and Sheridan. So, I do not think it is all this Administration. Some, not all!
Mongotazz

Denver, CO

#11 Jul 12, 2007
You put one hand in you pull one stub out the Government takes a chunk thats what its all about.
Truth

United States

#12 Jul 12, 2007
Mongotazz wrote:
What the government doesn't want you to know, is that Mexico has 10,000 years of oil.
When Bush Sr. was in Office the Mexican Governmet approached and offered to sell the oil at only 19.00$ a barrol. Being the Wonderful President he was, he refused stating that The U.S. still had a two year contract with Opec.
So then why didn't our government come up with a contract stating that at the end of the two years we would buy our oil from Mexico.
I'll tell you why our government is just like everyone out there, all they care about is the all mighty dollar. And making the rich f**ks richer and to he?? with the working class.
Mexico?! Are you high? The biggest oil field in Mexico that we get some of our supply from (Cantarrel) is crashing. http://www.energybulletin.net/1651.html
getalife

Denver, CO

#13 Jul 12, 2007
Look how little attenton
this subject has gotten. We are all slowly getting conditioned by price increases.
David

Fort Collins, CO

#14 Jul 12, 2007
Vomiting Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get this crap? Al Gore, Michael Moore, John Kerry?
Unlike most Americans you fall for anything and everything you hear. Try educating yourself on basic economics before you attempt to persuade others.
Also, your partisan views are really old and tired try thinking for yourself for a change.
I can read signs, I guess your fourth grade education is failing you, that tell of the gas prices. I know that we are supposedly fighting a war in the middle east for oil, of which we have gotten very little out of because we can't secure the country. I know that Bush himself has owned a few oil companies in his day, although to his credit they were good at only drilling dry wells. I know Dick Cheney had secret meetings with the CEO's of all the major energy companies, and in true neo-can style will not disclose what was discussed at those meetings. I know that Bush will do nothing to prevent oil companies from making, not sector breaking profits, not yearly breaking profits, but rather industry record breaking profits while fleecing the middle class. Chevron just posted the two most profitable quarters of any company in history, but there was no price gouging under Bush. It's right under your nose to smell there buddy, or should I say it.

I know facts like these mean nothing to you in lala berthoud land. BTW, why not post a real name. To scared to actually let someone know your name? Or is it because you have nothing to say but insults, again your post doesn't attempt to prove me wrong or cite facts disputing what I said. Just Coulter like insults that mean nothing, in the interest of a lost cause I will no longer respond to you when you say nothing of meaning. Just crawl back to that little rock in Berthoud you've been hiding under and shut the hell up.

“EDITOR : Coffeyville Ks.”

Since: Dec 06

Coffeyville Ks.

#15 Jul 12, 2007
okiebugsc wrote:
remember when refinery was up and running...
coffeyvile gas was still higher than surrounding towns....now that they have donated over 71,000 gal of oil to the coffeyville eastside...were paying 3.39gal last time i looked..
I think the people in Coffeyville are wondering if they are Rich from all this oil! Why ? Because the Refinery here says they lost 78.589 Gallons of crude oil into the this town and its even in our drinking water. Oil that is texas tea. Well I'm not moving away from here Jed.
David

Fort Collins, CO

#16 Jul 12, 2007
BigDee wrote:
If (god forbid) a Democrat wins the Presidency, and the gas prices stay above $2.50, what are the people like David going to say then.
I remember gas was .98 a gallon in 2001 or 2002 at the gas station at 10th and Sheridan. So, I do not think it is all this Administration. Some, not all!
Thanks for being civil, unlike the it from berthoud. I agree that the administration isn't totally behind the sharp rise in gas prices, but I don't for a second believe that anybody in this administration is trying to prevent price gouging. They don't give a crap about the middle class or how much they have to pay for gas. Most middle class workers wages have been stagnant with rising health care costs, energy costs, inflation, and food costs they are actually making less now than seven years ago. I am also tired of the administration being so secretive, what is it they have to hide about the secret energy task force meetings. Why can't the public know what was discussed at those meetings? Why do they keep insisting the public has no right to know? Do they not understand that they work for the people? What is it they are hiding? It seems to be more than a coincidence that we are paying all time highs at the pump, and Cheney's secret task force doesn't have anything to do with it. If they don't have anything to hide, than why not just tell us what those meetings were about. I also find it interesting that Bush himself has owned several oil companies himself, yet under his administration were paying twice for gas than we did 6 years ago.

This is the shake down of shake downs, he's fleecing our treasury and middle class so a few companies can post unbelievable record breaking profits. From the Carlyle group, to Haliburton, to Chevron, it's the same old story. Just imagine if we had made the decision to allow the Iraqi's to rebuild their own country instead of the private companies like Haliburton, and the Carlyle group. I guarantee we wouldn't be paying $3/gallon for gas, and we wouldn't be stuck in a quagmire with no end in sight.
the Realist

Plant City, FL

#17 Jul 17, 2007
As long as the US Dollar remains weak, I believe you will see an increase in oil prices. We have to realize that the OPEC countries need to keep their economies in tact. Selling their oil which is pegged in US Dollars is not in their best interest. There has been talk that they want to set the Barrel Price Benchmark in EUROs which is selling at a premium to the US Dollar. Substituting the EURO for US Dollars is no different than changing out a DOW stock in the INDEX. The dollar is not a welcome currency at this present time. If you were a OPEC country would you rather have EUROs or US Dollars.

TO OFFSET THIS WEAK DOLLAR THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO INCREASE THE PRICE OF OIL TO MAKE UP FOR THE WEAKNESS IN THE US DOLLAR
the Realist

Plant City, FL

#18 Jul 17, 2007
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for being civil, unlike the it from berthoud. I agree that the administration isn't totally behind the sharp rise in gas prices, but I don't for a second believe that anybody in this administration is trying to prevent price gouging. They don't give a crap about the middle class or how much they have to pay for gas. Most middle class workers wages have been stagnant with rising health care costs, energy costs, inflation, and food costs they are actually making less now than seven years ago. I am also tired of the administration being so secretive, what is it they have to hide about the secret energy task force meetings. Why can't the public know what was discussed at those meetings? Why do they keep insisting the public has no right to know? Do they not understand that they work for the people? What is it they are hiding? It seems to be more than a coincidence that we are paying all time highs at the pump, and Cheney's secret task force doesn't have anything to do with it. If they don't have anything to hide, than why not just tell us what those meetings were about. I also find it interesting that Bush himself has owned several oil companies himself, yet under his administration were paying twice for gas than we did 6 years ago.
This is the shake down of shake downs, he's fleecing our treasury and middle class so a few companies can post unbelievable record breaking profits. From the Carlyle group, to Haliburton, to Chevron, it's the same old story. Just imagine if we had made the decision to allow the Iraqi's to rebuild their own country instead of the private companies like Haliburton, and the Carlyle group. I guarantee we wouldn't be paying $3/gallon for gas, and we wouldn't be stuck in a quagmire with no end in sight.
As long as the US Dollar remains weak, I believe you will see an increase in oil prices. We have to realize that the OPEC countries need to keep their economies in tact. Selling their oil which is pegged in US Dollars is not in their best interest. There has been talk that they want to set the Barrel Price Benchmark in EUROs which is selling at a premium to the US Dollar. Substituting the EURO for US Dollars is no different than changing out a DOW stock in the INDEX. The dollar is not a welcome currency at this present time. If you were a OPEC country would you rather have EUROs or US Dollars.

TO OFFSET THIS WEAK DOLLAR THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO INCREASE THE PRICE OF OIL TO MAKE UP FOR THE WEAKNESS IN THE US DOLLAR
the Realist

Plant City, FL

#19 Jul 17, 2007
getalife wrote:
Look how little attenton
this subject has gotten. We are all slowly getting conditioned by price increases.

the Realist

Plant City, FL

#20 Jul 17, 2007
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico?! Are you high? The biggest oil field in Mexico that we get some of our supply from (Cantarrel) is crashing. http://www.energybulletin.net/1651.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unions make push to recruit protected immigrants Wed Hooogle It 3
New leadership, constitution for Nuestra Familia (Feb '08) Dec 23 CaliRaised 29
APS will move ahead with free solar Dec 20 Solarman 1
Ex-Enron CEO gets 10 years cut from sentence (Jun '13) Dec 16 swedenforever 6
Abandoned Chevron gas project deals blow to Ukr... Dec 16 government of Ukr... 1
Natural Gas Futures Rebound From Six-Week Low o... Dec 14 One way or another 3
PNM defends 10.8% rate hike (Apr '11) Dec 14 Ralph 117
More from around the web