PNM union work could stop without new...

PNM union work could stop without new contract

There are 41 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Apr 30, 2009, titled PNM union work could stop without new contract. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Nearly 300 San Juan Generating Station jobs are in jeopardy if electrical workers' union leaders don't settle a labor contract dispute with PNM.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bold_ Strong

Albuquerque, NM

#41 Jun 15, 2013
bleeding heart liberal wrote:
<quoted text> I have gathered from your posting that you are an educated person, not retired, making a living in the oil and gas industry, non union. Totally disenchanted with the gov. Correct me if I am wrong. Without giving out too much personal info. I have a large extended family, in all different situations. A retired union employee with a good pension. A Nam Vet unable to work due to mental problems. A young teacher that can't make it from paycheck to paycheck on the measly salary we pay teachers. A retired teacher now double dipping making good $. A State employee that has worked their way up, now making a living wage. 3 professionals with ins. and no retirement, lost a lot of their 401Ks recently, will likely have to work til they drop, one of them worries day to day whether his job will even be there. Other than the double dipping teacher, the retiree, and the state employee, I bet the others would gladly pay union dues for better wages, a retirement plan and what you refer to as false job security. I am not talking about being wealthy, just comfortable and not having to worry about next month's bills. Thanks for sorta understanding. I realize my opinions on this subject are based on personal experience. Surely you don't expect me to bite the hand that feeds me.
I experienced working with PNM Employees Meter Readers & notice nothing but a bunch of cry babies complaining all the time, some of them not wanting to help the others, complain about others going too slow. Union saids they cant do anything to jepordize their safty and what do most of them do? Still jumping over fences, jumping over walls, forcing gates that are locked up, driving Rent a cars recklessly and damaging the autos without informing authority about it, & more unneccessary BULL. So yeah I can understand why the PNM employees feels threatened & tries to rid of the new comer that does well at meter reading & being at work on time doing their best & going by the RULES that are constantly broken by PNM employees thats been there a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Criminal complaint details brutal slaying of Ne... 54 min The truth 6
News FPL chief defends $1.3 billion rate request Aug 23 Solarman 1
News Nuclear power divides California's environmenta... Aug 23 Solarman 1
News PUC warns customers of fraudulent collections c... Aug 18 Zap 1
News Ontario Power Generation OPG Salutes 2016 JWB S... Aug 17 Waboose Rapids 1
News Building utilities to hold up better against hu... (Nov '08) Aug 17 Serratus Anterior 3
News News in brief Aug 16 5newsonline 1
More from around the web