Video: GOP Sen. Enzi: Obamacare "is f...

Video: GOP Sen. Enzi: Obamacare "is failing"

There are 28 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 13, 2013, titled Video: GOP Sen. Enzi: Obamacare "is failing". In it, CBS News reports that:

Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., argued in the weekly Republican address on Saturday that the recent delay of Obamacare's employer mandate proves the law "is failing," calling on Democrats to work with Republicans on a replacement After a brutal 2012 campaign, 30-year-old Rep. Patrick Murphy, D-Fla., a former high school football player, begins tackling the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fight Back

Sun City, AZ

#35 Jul 14, 2013
From Junk Science:

With the IRS scandal shining a much-needed light on the miserable agency that would be the majordomo of Obamacare, we should also examine the preposterous "reasoning" at the heart of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)...

I refer to the quite foolish notion that making insurance more available, albeit not necessarily more affordable, is somehow the biggest problem facing our failing health care system.

Let’s try an analogy: Imagine for a moment that there were a horrendous crisis involving house fires. Destruction and injury were rampant. The root causes were manifold, and thousands of people were dying.

Imagine further that the brilliant political solution to this problem did not involve hiring more firefighters, nor even any efforts toward fire prevention.

Rather, the Government decided that more fire insurance was the answer. To spread the burden, even if you did not own a house, you still had to obtain insurance or face a penalty (sorry, a tax).

What if you really bought into this idea and decided to get a so-called "Cadillac" insurance plan? Well, then you would pay a penalty for that, as well.

A massive bureaucracy would be put in place to ensure that any work done to fix your home had to be performed in accordance with certain guidelines and for a certain price. Don’t try asking for anything off the page.

Meanwhile, houses would continue to burn, people would continue to die, and the underlying situation would not be improved in any measurable way.

Some home rebuilding "providers" would find ways to game the system, so the bureaucracy would have to expand to monitor the fraud, while making it even more difficult to get your home rebuilt, at an ever-increasing cost.

Likewise, honest providers would simply gear their projects toward those home-rebuilding “procedures” which were more remunerative, rather than what might be best for the homeowner.

The only possible result of this madness is ever-increasing costs for ever-worsening outcomes...

Substitute health for fire and explain what makes sense about the Unaffordable Health Care act.
Your Ex

United States

#36 Jul 14, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>no problem pookie. I've had gang bangers or wannabe's threaten me and to drive by my house. I told the to bring their own body bags, I was low on trash bags. You want to play, come on.
Oh how cute!
Poor cupcake.
Angry kittens are scarier ( and smarter) than you.
Can you haz cheeburger? Lolz!
Your Ex

United States

#38 Jul 14, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" that passed it got fired in 2010 by the American people...including Nancy..what part didn't you get, numbnuts?
And how's that working out for you,Einstien?
Even funnier will be when the Gee,Oh! Pee is completely removed from relevancy in '14 and '16, and you'll call it a landslide victory, just like you did for your boy Perry in '10.
Idea for ya, why don't all y'all just focus on tellin' the wimmin folk down it Texass what's good fer 'em, and leave actual governance to those with cognitive ability?
Your Ex

United States

#39 Jul 14, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
obama hussein and obamacare to be thrown onto the dustbin of wrong-sided history
I believe you borrowed that quote from Robert E Lee, circa 1863.
How'd that turn out for him?
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#40 Jul 14, 2013
obamacare is nothing more than a gift to the insurance and drug companies. Once again he has served his corporate masters well!
Your Ex

United States

#42 Jul 14, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are a blithering idiot
I'll bet you believe in a glorious after-life too.
Why don't you get back to us on that? ;)
Fight Back

Sun City, AZ

#43 Jul 15, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you believe in a glorious after-life too.
Why don't you get back to us on that? ;)
We could ask you about that butt-hole, but I'm guessing that they don't allow calls from down under... thankfully.
Looking forward to not hearing from you - EVER.
Your Ex

United States

#44 Jul 15, 2013
Fight Back wrote:
<quoted text>
We could ask you about that butt-hole, but I'm guessing that they don't allow calls from down under... thankfully.
Looking forward to not hearing from you - EVER.
Sun City!
I see you're in the waiting room already...;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nebraska utility head recommends closing nuclea... Sun Solarman 10
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... May 28 Joe Fortuna 1,054
News Power generating station beginning to take shape (Jan '08) May 26 how things get OK... 119
News TranCanada donates $200K to rink expansion project (Nov '12) May 26 how things get OK... 8
News NextEra Hawaiian Electric Pursuit Dims as Oncor... May 25 Solarman 1
News Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq... (Mar '13) May 24 Oil Barron 51
News Xcel hopes more customers will turn to Savers S... (Jul '08) May 23 qwerty 23
More from around the web