PG&E purchases Cinderella Motel in Re...

PG&E purchases Cinderella Motel in Red Bluff, cleanup effort to follow

There are 25 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Nov 16, 2010, titled PG&E purchases Cinderella Motel in Red Bluff, cleanup effort to follow. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

The Cinderella Motel at 600 Rio Street has been bought by PG&E for clean up of toxic left over from when a manufactured gas plant was operating at the site.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

United States

#23 Nov 17, 2010
Toni wrote:
<quoted text>
It is closed never to be open again and the demo starts in 3 weeks, after the lead and asbestos is removed from site. It is being secured with 2 each 24/7 guards and fenced.
They are cleaning the site before it leaks into the adjacent Sacramento River so it will not hurt the fishy.
So with rainy season almost here they are planning tear down now. That's brains for ya, exposing all the contaminated material so when the rains can wash it into the river.

Bright, real bright....

Al Reine

Avery, ID

#24 Nov 18, 2010
Watch your PG&E Utility bill go up ! Then watch for both the Brown Outs next summer. Their will be No help from MOON BEAM BROWN, then watch for the CAP & TRADE LIE ! Watch Arnold get a new Job with the Obama Cabiet ! We now have the most Corrupt President and Cabinet in American history ! California will become Moon Beam Browns Killing field for Illegals, and California will have the most expensive BROWN Electric, Gas, and Water ! Then watch your Water Bill go up, up up ! Northern California water will go south to LA LA Land !

United States

#25 Nov 18, 2010
Mick wrote:
A rest stop in the middle of town? Has everyone lost their minds?
I agree, lets make a well lit illegal drug and prostitute park! What is wrong with the brains in this town??While you are at it make a place for the Taco truck to park too.
shelly gotti

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Feb 13, 2013
Are you sure that's what the toxic waste was? It wasn't a METH CLEANUP?

Phoenix, AZ

#27 Feb 1, 2016
I worked there in the 80s.thelma was the manager.ive wondered what happened to that place.i guess since im still alive the toxins didnt hurt me but it sounds a little strange that they just relized it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) 11 hr Raj 87
News Halliburton pleads guilty to destroying Gulf sp... (Jul '13) Oct 12 Randiee Cabbage 43
News Last holdouts cope without power in Brevard Oct 11 Mythsdreams 1
News Planned power outages today in La Puente and In... (May '10) Sep 27 Jayjay 9
News Firefighters Contain East Allentown Blaze (May '08) Sep 24 silly rabbit 2
News PNM Resources (PNM) - Research Analysts' Recent... Sep 23 Sylvia 3
News Native American Tribes Take Pipeline Fight to C... Sep 23 Son of Dixie 3
More from around the web