PG&E purchases Cinderella Motel in Red Bluff, cleanup effort to follow

The Cinderella Motel at 600 Rio Street has been bought by PG&E for clean up of toxic left over from when a manufactured gas plant was operating at the site. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
its a daisy out there

United States

#1 Nov 16, 2010
Thats awsome I was just telling my husband they needed to burn the place down :) Here comes the roaches....
Newcomer

Chico, CA

#2 Nov 16, 2010
When we first moved here, that eyesore was the first thing I saw. Tacky, trashy and makes Red Bluff look like its stuck in time. Yay for removal!Its about time!
MeToo

Los Osos, CA

#3 Nov 16, 2010
its a daisy out there wrote:
Thats awsome I was just telling my husband they needed to burn the place down :) Here comes the roaches....
I was telling my mom the same thing on Saturday when they were burning brush. And the idea of restrooms with a parklike setting wouldn't be a bad idea.
Funny Guy

Redding, CA

#4 Nov 16, 2010
Let's grow pot on it!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 16, 2010
so people been staying on a site full of contaminated materials for all these years......nice.
Al Reine

United States

#6 Nov 16, 2010
Is this a Cover Up ? or is this a Clean up ? Sounds very fishy ??
whatthe

AOL

#7 Nov 16, 2010
this is nuts are you sure you wont build another motel after it is gone it is a dump anyway you think it will look better with a anoter bomb under the round
pollute the river with your crap,you guys are fools don't we have any say..........just like the Government make up some crap and hell with the people what they say don't matter the buck stops here..go figure....your Government is LIEING bite me
whatthe

AOL

#9 Nov 16, 2010
Funny Guy wrote:
Let's grow pot on it!
LOTS OF POT
whatthe

AOL

#10 Nov 16, 2010
now one wrote:
so people been staying on a site full of contaminated materials for all these years......nice.
thats nothing lots of redbluff is hiding stuff the tunnels and pollution under the round hey but ...
orneryfish

Anderson, CA

#11 Nov 16, 2010
now one wrote:
I've occasionally thought about staying there if I went fishing in the area with Mrs. Orneryfish, but since we live in Anderson and the place is a toxic waste dump, I'm glad we never did.
We were looking for a place go to hide from our adult children and their offspring,
using fishing as the excuse to be alone together for a night or two, without children, grandchildren, dogs, cats, etc.
old smelly coot

Chico, CA

#12 Nov 16, 2010
For PG&E to make such a major move to purchase a motel only means the level of contamination is widespread with carcinogens spreading for miles.

For years we always spread our used motor oil along the fence to kill weeds, little did we know that 50 years later the soil would remain sterile, refusing to grow anything including weeds.
Mick

Chico, CA

#13 Nov 16, 2010
A rest stop in the middle of town? Has everyone lost their minds?
Jah Dragon

Chico, CA

#15 Nov 16, 2010
Why not a community garden---if the soil has to be replaced, nice tax-right off for Pilfers-Grafters-&-Elevate draters.
citizen

United States

#16 Nov 17, 2010
PG@E didn't buy the hotel, PG@E's customers did. Look for rates to go up accordingly.
Al Reine

United States

#17 Nov 17, 2010
Red Bluff now has a new Land Lord for the Cinderella Motel; Will they be famous just like the BATES MOTEL ? Sounds very fishy ?
sosad

AOL

#18 Nov 17, 2010
quack
Toni

Red Bluff, CA

#19 Nov 17, 2010
whatthe wrote:
this is nuts are you sure you wont build another motel after it is gone it is a dump anyway you think it will look better with a anoter bomb under the round
pollute the river with your crap,you guys are fools don't we have any say..........just like the Government make up some crap and hell with the people what they say don't matter the buck stops here..go figure....your Government is LIEING bite me
The owner that sold it to PG&E is very happy. He made a profit of $925,000.00 by selling it. And yes, it is very polluted, and I aint a Government liar.....
Toni

Red Bluff, CA

#20 Nov 17, 2010
Al Reine wrote:
Red Bluff now has a new Land Lord for the Cinderella Motel; Will they be famous just like the BATES MOTEL ? Sounds very fishy ?
It is closed never to be open again and the demo starts in 3 weeks, after the lead and asbestos is removed from site. It is being secured with 2 each 24/7 guards and fenced.

They are cleaning the site before it leaks into the adjacent Sacramento River so it will not hurt the fishy.
Toni

Red Bluff, CA

#21 Nov 17, 2010
Jah Dragon wrote:
Why not a community garden---if the soil has to be replaced, nice tax-right off for Pilfers-Grafters-&-Elevate draters.
That is the plan....
Red Foreman

Red Bluff, CA

#22 Nov 17, 2010
citizen wrote:
PG@E didn't buy the hotel, PG@E's customers did. Look for rates to go up accordingly.
It is called business, they get the energy, you purchase the energy from them, they use your money collected that provided the service you required, now they use there collected money for their use as required.

Of course you can always use less energy from PG&E if you wanted to and your bill goes down. Mine has never been over $100.00 in the past 6 years (winter of summer) and I have 3 BR, 2 BA, 1,673 SQFT. It can be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halliburton pleads guilty to destroying Gulf sp... (Jul '13) Wed swedenforever 25
In Federal Court Filing, PG&E and Nuclear Regul... Wed BDV 1
ABG Sundal Collier Norge handles Glen Rose Petr... (Jun '12) Wed CREDITOR 16
Despite California climate law, carbon emission... Oct 26 IBdaMann 4
Two accused of burglary, trespassing in Union P... Oct 25 Brentsbuddy 6
Exclusive: Paulson Still Backs Whiting-Kodiak D... Oct 15 lanie_marikina 2
Police: Thief posed as Connecticut wedding guest Oct 15 Jesus Latter Day ... 4

Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE