What To Do With The Old Tulsa Driller...

What To Do With The Old Tulsa Drillers Stadium?

There are 156 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 11, 2009, titled What To Do With The Old Tulsa Drillers Stadium?. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Tulsa County residents will be asked to give their ideas and thoughts into the future use of the old Tulsa Drillers stadium at the Tulsa County Fairgrounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
ABC

Tulsa, OK

#1 Sep 11, 2009
Um...keep it in case they need to come back to it. Have you seen how small the new stadium is? Knock a ball out of the park and you are likely to break a window in the building across the street. Can we say land locked?
Gomer

United States

#2 Sep 11, 2009
Hold Methstock?
Driller Fan

Tulsa, OK

#3 Sep 11, 2009
Since there's very little available parking downtown, why not tear down the old stadium and make a parking lot and run shuttle busses from the fairgrounds to the new stadium?
Tess

Tulsa, OK

#4 Sep 11, 2009
Make it into an amphitheatre for outside concerts and plays.
southTulsa resident

Memphis, TN

#5 Sep 11, 2009
What about keeping for the stadium for little league world series games? Not only would the city receive money, but also think of local restaurants, hotels, and other places that depend on tourism. I would like to see it stay the same and marketed to smaller venues or even a place that can house the college world series. Lets do something with it and NOT demo the place!!
The way of the city

Denham Springs, LA

#6 Sep 11, 2009
Public survey ? Why ? We ALL know it will be turned into part of the fairgrounds and it's just a matter of time before "big splash" see's the same fate ! All for the greater good of the city, I'm sure !!! Can't fight politics.
concerned

Claremore, OK

#7 Sep 11, 2009
The way of the city wrote:
Public survey ? Why ? We ALL know it will be turned into part of the fairgrounds and it's just a matter of time before "big splash" see's the same fate ! All for the greater good of the city, I'm sure !!! Can't fight politics.
You are sooo right!! The only reason they are announcing it to the public, is to make it look good. I thought it was already decided (in quiet) that the fairgrounds would have the land!
Joe

United States

#8 Sep 11, 2009
How about letting the Drillers play there... quit wasting money for ther other field. This stadium is still in good working order.

What a joke on the citizens the city has played!
obvious

Tulsa, OK

#9 Sep 11, 2009
We need to save it for when the Olympics come to town!
obvious

Tulsa, OK

#10 Sep 11, 2009
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sooo right!! The only reason they are announcing it to the public, is to make it look good. I thought it was already decided (in quiet) that the fairgrounds would have the land!
Totally agree. Don't forget trying to annex it so taxes can be collected.

“Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk !”

Since: Feb 09

Tulsa

#11 Sep 11, 2009
Another parking lot for the good ol boys livestock and gun shows.
I never knew they needed so much parking for nothing.
The big mind blower to me was a "Hotel" another friggin Hotel. It took a big hunk out of their much needed parking so what the L, lets get rid of Bells and Hmm...lets see. What should we do with a empty stadium ?
And boy that Big Splash sure is becoming not only a eye sore, but they kind of slow pay dont they. And wasnt they just in the news with something about fights ? Hmmm........sure could use some more parking for those crowded livestock shows etc.etc.
Master D

Sand Springs, OK

#12 Sep 11, 2009
Keep it and get college and High School programs in our state to play big games in it, use it for outdoor concerts, and rent it out to companies that want to have a company picnic with a ball event or concert event for their employees.
All of which would help draw more money into our area to help our local economy.

Since: Jun 08

Catoosa, OK

#13 Sep 11, 2009
Joe wrote:
How about letting the Drillers play there... quit wasting money for ther other field. This stadium is still in good working order.
What a joke on the citizens the city has played!
You said it, Joe! It breaks my heart that I won't be watching the Drillers play there anymore. I feel like they are taking a HUGE piece of my childhood. I am still sick over Bells and now the stadium.

Since: Jun 08

Catoosa, OK

#14 Sep 11, 2009
Some of you have some really great ideas! I hope that you will voice these ideas to the powers that be. I just do not want to see the stadium torn apart.:(
wallflowergirl

Tulsa, OK

#15 Sep 11, 2009
I've heard some people mention turning the old baseball park into a dirt race track, which sounds like a great idea to me. They can modify the stadium so it can be used like Fair Meadows, a dirt track around a parking lot, that way there's extra parking for the gun shows, fair, and other large events, and with the popularity the Chili Bowl has every year in January, and the bike races in November and December. An idea I have that's more practical for a fairgrounds, make it an outdoor arena for rodeos and horse shows. In case no one has bothered to look up the definition of a fairgrounds, it is a place intended for animals, not for baseball games or amusement parks.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#16 Sep 11, 2009
Oh well have high school games there. You can do something with it to gamble a profit. And you know Tulsa Co. is good for this one.
MissMolly

Chicago, IL

#17 Sep 11, 2009
Use it to hold public executions of murderers and child molesters.....
Gomer

United States

#18 Sep 11, 2009
In all reality, I suspect that it will be converted to parking for the fairgrounds. I am quite sure that a plan has already been set into motion by the overlords of Expo Square.
Tulsan

Tulsa, OK

#19 Sep 11, 2009
Build an outdoor concert stadium, already have the seats, good location.
Money

United States

#20 Sep 11, 2009
Tear it down and make a parking lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Criminal complaint details brutal slaying of Ne... 19 hr Lest we forget 5
News FPL chief defends $1.3 billion rate request Aug 23 Solarman 1
News Nuclear power divides California's environmenta... Aug 23 Solarman 1
News PUC warns customers of fraudulent collections c... Aug 18 Zap 1
News Ontario Power Generation OPG Salutes 2016 JWB S... Aug 17 Waboose Rapids 1
News Building utilities to hold up better against hu... (Nov '08) Aug 17 Serratus Anterior 3
News News in brief Aug 16 5newsonline 1
More from around the web