Third of El Pasoans get medical care ...

Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez

There are 58 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 11, 2008, titled Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

El Pasoan Luis Alvarado pays cash for his doctor visits and medicines in Juarez.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
El Jefe

El Paso, TX

#1 Nov 12, 2008
What? They don't offer free medical care to El Pasoans?
We have to pay? Where's the love? What if I can't afford it?

Help me Mexico!!!! I can't afford healthcare because your immigrants have driven down the wages and eliminated benefits for the typical hard working American. Now I can no longer afford things for my family. Can you help me out?

What a crock!!!!!!
El No-Nonsense

El Paso, TX

#2 Nov 12, 2008
The people of Cd. Juarez and their criminals come and chew all FREE resources like public schools, Thomason hospital services, deliver their kids, kids dentistry and med services, etc, etc from our El Pasoan/US hard earned tax payer money.......when they pay nothing!!
BIlly the Kid

Roseland, NJ

#3 Nov 12, 2008
It's been crazy to see all of those gun shot victims in El Paso just flocking to those seguro social hospitals in Juárez for the top rate medical care.

No wonder the Juárez city reps are mad at us for using their services without paying.
Jonathan

El Paso, TX

#4 Nov 12, 2008
El Jefe wrote:
What? They don't offer free medical care to El Pasoans?
We have to pay? Where's the love? What if I can't afford it?
Help me Mexico!!!! I can't afford healthcare because your immigrants have driven down the wages and eliminated benefits for the typical hard working American. Now I can no longer afford things for my family. Can you help me out?
What a crock!!!!!!
Then get off your arse and get a better job. Stop blaming others for your laziness. Typical xenophobia.
Jonathan

El Paso, TX

#5 Nov 12, 2008
El Jefe wrote:
What? They don't offer free medical care to El Pasoans?
We have to pay? Where's the love? What if I can't afford it?
Help me Mexico!!!! I can't afford healthcare because your immigrants have driven down the wages and eliminated benefits for the typical hard working American. Now I can no longer afford things for my family. Can you help me out?
What a crock!!!!!!
If you can't afford healthcare in Mexico, then you're SOL
Jonathan

El Paso, TX

#6 Nov 12, 2008
You guys need to get a life and realize that this article is about El Pasoans, as well as other U.S. Citizens going over the border and using services in Mexico subsidized by MEXICAN tax payers, as well as the MEXICAN government. Your comments are completely irrelevant for this topic. Might I suggest creating a new discussion?
The Realist

United States

#9 Nov 12, 2008
That's interesting. We're always hearing from the racist and xenophobe crowd how Mexicans come here to take advantage of our "free" medical care yet apparently 1/3 of El Pasoans don't know where to find that "free" medical care that's supposedly available here. They have to go across the border and take advantage of Mexican tax-payer subsidized medicine. I wonder how much that costs Mexican tax-payers?
Jane

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Nov 12, 2008
The article said that people went to Juarez because of the lower cost-- it didn’t say the services were free.
The Realist

United States

#12 Nov 12, 2008
It is a well known fact that medicines are much more affordable in Mexico because in part of Mexican government subsidies and price controls. If the Mexican government pays for part of the costs of those medications, so do Mexican tax-payers. Many hospitals in Juarez are public, and many El Pasoans take advantage of those as well.
Whatever

United States

#13 Nov 12, 2008
Jonathan wrote:
You guys need to get a life and realize that this article is about El Pasoans, as well as other U.S. Citizens going over the border and using services in Mexico subsidized by MEXICAN tax payers, as well as the MEXICAN government. Your comments are completely irrelevant for this topic. Might I suggest creating a new discussion?
Apparently you are not smart enough to distinguish when someone is being sarcastic.
And also, none of the medical services mentioned in this article are subsidized by the Mexican goverment. Where do you get your facts from???
RLoya

El Paso, TX

#14 Nov 12, 2008
Yeah but guess what? We pay our bills.
The Realist

United States

#17 Nov 12, 2008
RLoya wrote:
Yeah but guess what? We pay our bills.
Not always. A dentist friend of mine has had several customers whose insurance turns out to be bogus or refuses to pay for his services. In these cases, the patient never comes back.
The Realist

United States

#18 Nov 12, 2008
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are not smart enough to distinguish when someone is being sarcastic.
And also, none of the medical services mentioned in this article are subsidized by the Mexican goverment. Where do you get your facts from???
The medicines that they buy at the farmacies are subsidized by the Mexican government.
Jonathan

El Paso, TX

#19 Nov 12, 2008
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are not smart enough to distinguish when someone is being sarcastic.
And also, none of the medical services mentioned in this article are subsidized by the Mexican goverment. Where do you get your facts from???
http://www.farmaciasdesimilares.com.mx/histor...

Knock yourself out
Jonathan

El Paso, TX

#20 Nov 12, 2008
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are not smart enough to distinguish when someone is being sarcastic.
And also, none of the medical services mentioned in this article are subsidized by the Mexican goverment. Where do you get your facts from???
http://www.zonalatina.com/Zldata182.htm
Jonathan

El Paso, TX

#21 Nov 12, 2008
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are not smart enough to distinguish when someone is being sarcastic.
And also, none of the medical services mentioned in this article are subsidized by the Mexican goverment. Where do you get your facts from???
Apparently, YOU are not smart enough to comprehend my comment. How about you read the article and the posts a couple hundred times so you can understand my point. Illegals have nothing to do with the article. Just in case you didn't know, Americans also cross the border every day to get cheap subsidized gasoline across the border; should I include a discussion about that on this forum? No, it is irrelevant to this forum. Capisce?
Whatever

United States

#22 Nov 12, 2008
Jonathan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, YOU are not smart enough to comprehend my comment. How about you read the article and the posts a couple hundred times so you can understand my point. Illegals have nothing to do with the article. Just in case you didn't know, Americans also cross the border every day to get cheap subsidized gasoline across the border; should I include a discussion about that on this forum? No, it is irrelevant to this forum. Capisce?
As I wrote before, I am talking about the SERVICES, not the PRODUCTS, Einstein. Washington Dental is after all a business, I don't believe the Mexican government is paying for the shuttle nor the salaries of the dentists who work there...

And I am not debating whether people shop here or in Juarez to find a better bargain, who wouldn't???

And I am sorry to enlighten you, but as much as it upsets you and me, the topic of the THREAD within this FORUM is what it is. If you want to discuss trade, government subsidized public health care in the US or Mexico, or xenophobia, just start another thread.
Jonathan

El Paso, TX

#23 Nov 12, 2008
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to discuss trade, government subsidized public health care in the US or Mexico, or xenophobia, just start another thread.
The reason I even remotely mentioned those is to prove my point, but you're too closed minded to understand. Why? Do you feel attacked?
Michelle

El Paso, TX

#24 Nov 12, 2008
I want hit up a dental spot in Juarez but fear a painful death. I may just chance it because my teeth suck and I hear good things about the dentists there. I would also like to pick up some painkillerz.
Jonathan

El Paso, TX

#25 Nov 12, 2008
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
As I wrote before, I am talking about the SERVICES, not the PRODUCTS, Einstein. Washington Dental is after all a business, I don't believe the Mexican government is paying for the shuttle nor the salaries of the dentists who work there...
And I am not debating whether people shop here or in Juarez to find a better bargain, who wouldn't???
And I am sorry to enlighten you, but as much as it upsets you and me, the topic of the THREAD within this FORUM is what it is. If you want to discuss trade, government subsidized public health care in the US or Mexico, or xenophobia, just start another thread.
Ok, since you're putting an emphasis on services, you are correct. The Mexican government does not subsidize it for U.S. Citizens, but that does not mean they do not find a loophole to use IMSS. Now, put the emphasis on products, what can you tell me now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Firefighters Contain East Allentown Blaze (May '08) Sat silly rabbit 2
News PNM Resources (PNM) - Research Analysts' Recent... Sep 23 Sylvia 3
News Native American Tribes Take Pipeline Fight to C... Sep 23 Son of Dixie 3
News Bakken Update: Mega-Fracs In Northeast McKenzie... Sep 20 no pipeline permit 1
News Dakota Access Pipeline Temporarily Halted by U.... Sep 19 history repeats 1
News China Signs Major Deal To Build Nigeria Refinery (Jul '10) Sep 18 lola 196
News Puff Daddy & The Family Give Toyota Center Its ... Sep 18 Rb RECORDS 90
More from around the web