Mississippi Power Tries to Keep Publi...

Mississippi Power Tries to Keep Public, Sierra Club out of Kemper Expense Proceedings

There are 1 comment on the PressReleasePoint story from Feb 24, 2014, titled Mississippi Power Tries to Keep Public, Sierra Club out of Kemper Expense Proceedings. In it, PressReleasePoint reports that:

Mississippi Power Company shocked consumers when it asked the Mississippi Public Service Commission Friday afternoon to block the Sierra Club from participating in the proceedings to determine how much customers should pay for the company's over budget, months-delayed Kemper County coal plant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PressReleasePoint.

jen pletcher

United States

#1 Feb 26, 2014
I find this very interesting and depressing at the same time. Interesting, because it is basically imposing a legal gag order on the public to the PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, which I thought was to serve the PUBLIC!!! Gee guess I was wrong on that one.
If this is such a great idea and such a blessing for South Mississippi then why not b PROUD of it and share with the public all you can!!
And... if you want to complain about it, you will find the same Ben Stone who is the chief legal counsel for Mississippi Power, and author of this proposal, as the CHAIRMAN of the ETHICS COMMISSION in the State of Mississippi.
What an amazing coincidence? I think, Ben thinks, everyone in this state is stupid and he is their guiding light. It is SO insulting!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News El Paso Electric expands community solar program Thu SUNNY FARTS 2
News Former Kansas congressman Pompeo to replace... Mar 16 Dig Gravers 29
News Inside The Herald - If a community is only wort... (Jan '08) Mar 16 Cross Country che... 60
News Trump fires top diplomat Tillerson after clashe... Mar 15 BLTillerson 9
News Donald Trump hired and fired Rex Tillerson for ... Mar 13 FART EMPLOYMENT 5
News Power generating station beginning to take shape (Jan '08) Mar 11 Power Halton sile... 137
News Canadian Nuclear Safety Commissioncnsc renews O... Mar 7 BDV 2