Nexen-CNOOC takeover: Why the U.S. wants a say

Jul 28, 2012 Full story: The Toronto Star 15

Please provide enough information for us to find and address your concern. If reporting a typo, please include misspelled word.

Full Story
e46M3 e60M5

Edinburgh, UK

#1 Jul 31, 2012
Nexen is a Canadian company. The prospective buyer is a Chinese company. The United States has no say in this. Nexen's shareholders do.
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#2 Jul 31, 2012
e46M3 e60M5 wrote:
Nexen is a Canadian company. The prospective buyer is a Chinese company. The United States has no say in this. Nexen's shareholders do.
..well,...me ONE Vote is.....'''NO'''...!!!.
e46M3 e60M5

UK

#3 Aug 3, 2012
Do you think this is the first time the Chinese bought a Canadian oil company? Besides, CNOOC is ready to pay a 61% premium for the stock :)
PAUL SHYKORA Arts

Calgary, Canada

#5 Aug 4, 2012
e46M3 e60M5 wrote:
Do you think this is the first time the Chinese bought a Canadian oil company? Besides, CNOOC is ready to pay a 61% premium for the stock :)
,.... then,..vhy not tell us you's REAL-NAME,then tell us about dHis ..'' 61''% premium and res star propaganda...eh...???...hiding and sly
e46M3 e60M5

UK

#6 Aug 13, 2012
PAUL SHYKORA Arts wrote:
<quoted text>,.... then,..vhy not tell us you's REAL-NAME,then tell us about dHis ..'' 61''% premium and res star propaganda...eh...???...hiding and sly
What I am saying is that people are going to make money on the sale. And it will not be all Chinese. People like you and I own Nexen stock. I used to work for a Canadian oil company that was also bought by the Chinese. Happens all the time. So what?
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#7 Aug 13, 2012
e46M3 e60M5 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am saying is that people are going to make money on the sale. And it will not be all Chinese. People like you and I own Nexen stock. I used to work for a Canadian oil company that was also bought by the Chinese. Happens all the time. So what?
..WOW..Vow..!!..you's are sooooooooooooo naiive,here....'e46 m2 e lko62oom5...such a ''fake-phony'' name,here...hiding....communis it...hiding....eh
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#8 Aug 13, 2012
...of course...a paid govenment-Chinese-agent...$$$. ...who is paying for you's ...lunch....eh.
e46M3 e60M5

UK

#9 Aug 14, 2012
If you knew about cars, you would know what my nickname means...:)
PAUL SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#10 Aug 15, 2012
e46M3 e60M5 wrote:
..whew....vow...such a slight/sly hand of dumbness,here...eh...(-)...
e46M3 e60M5

UK

#11 Aug 16, 2012
CNOOC wants to also invest in a Texas based renewable energy company. They have the money, American companies dont.

Americans (and some Canadians apparently) need to get used to the fact that America does not rule the world. The rest of the world does not dance to their tune.
PO BOY

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Aug 16, 2012
e46M3 e60M5 wrote:
He does know cars. Just not the expensive ones.

A-HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHHA!
paul shykora ARTs
#13 Aug 16, 2012
PO BOY wrote:
<quoted text>
He does know cars. Just not the expensive ones.
A-HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHHA!
..Vhaat ??..He who has ..Chinese car from ..Walmart store..???...eh..
e46m3 e60m5

London, UK

#14 Nov 18, 2012
I do indeed :) with me it comes down to fahrvegnuegen, not always price
paul mshykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#15 Nov 18, 2012
e46m3 e60m5 wrote:
I do indeed :) with me it comes down to fahrvegnuegen, not always price
...Vhaaat..???...eh.,..vhy are you's...hiding,hiding,here.... ??..
e47m3 e60m5

Prague, Czech Republic

#16 Feb 18, 2013
Done deal. "OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Stephen Harper gave China's authoritarian rulers an early Christmas present Friday, giving them a bigger piece of Alberta's oil patch.

As a result, a company controlled by the communist government of China will be allowed to acquire Calgary oil and gas producer Nexen for $15 billion."
--- http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/07/foreign-...

Moreover: read about another Asian national energy company buying another Canadian independent: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-07/cana...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Enron CEO gets 10 years cut from sentence (Jun '13) Tue swedenforever 6
Abandoned Chevron gas project deals blow to Ukr... Tue government of Ukr... 1
Natural Gas Futures Rebound From Six-Week Low o... Dec 14 One way or another 3
PNM defends 10.8% rate hike (Apr '11) Dec 14 Ralph 117
NCWARN runs ad criticizing Duke Energy's approa... Dec 13 Solarman 1
U.S. Getting Rid of Oil Addiction as Price Plum... Dec 12 Kid_Tomorrow 1
PNM Resourcesa New Mexico Utility Files for Ele... Dec 12 crazy stuff 1
More from around the web