Worker killed on Patterson rig

A fatal accident at an oil rig owned by Snyder-based Patterson-UTI Energy Inc. is being investigated, an Oklahoma sheriff's deputy said Monday. Full Story
Jacky Seward

Tryon, OK

#1 Dec 11, 2006
This tragidy could have been avoided had the toolpusher of the rig only allowed time and man power to PROPERLY inspect the crown section of this rig two weeks earlier when the rig was moved. Also,if he had informed the proper people of the fact that he dropped the derrick onto the headache rack a distance of about 12 feet, this may have in fact tweeked the support structure of the crown and put ondue stress on the crown.
gregory fellow roughneck

Coyle, OK

#2 Jan 9, 2007
Safty is getting overlooked by the big wigs.My Heart go,s out to the family.R.I.P
Jason - Derrickhand

Andrews, TX

#3 Mar 20, 2007
"Safety when convienant as long as it doesn't cost the company no money"!!! <<<< That is the problem with the oilfield today, I should know. I got hurt in the Derrick and cost the company money, now I can't get my job back after being released to full duty. My prayers are with the family of this fallen fellow Hand.
ben williams

Jackson, WY

#4 May 13, 2007
nabors safty a joke anything reportable looses your job kiss my a-- nabors6187
Chris-Driller

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2010
Prayers are with family. Patterson is a joke......I drill for them. Crap company.
GETTER301

Moab, UT

#6 Aug 19, 2010
patterson is a crappy company i workd for them in the sanjuan basin old ass juncky rigs pained over aint safe...my condolences to the family who lost there love on
Cody

New Kensington, PA

#7 Oct 29, 2010
My thoughts are with this mans family
roughneck

San Angelo, TX

#8 Nov 12, 2010
I worked for H & P for 2 years and now I'm with Patterson. The only difference is the safety record. Safety only when its convenient. My heart and prayers go out to the family.
kenyon banks

United States

#9 Feb 10, 2011
I love to work for Patterson.they are the safest company I have ever worked for.
poodle

San Jose, CA

#10 Jul 12, 2011
I worked for Patterson for the past 3 yrs now I Wrk for udi and as far as safety the hands at Patterson have it pretty good but its sad to say that all they preach is safety and then because it was going to cause down time they over looked a problem sry for all the family's that have lost a loved one to these rigs
mike

United States

#11 Nov 10, 2011
Patterson Safty is a joke I lost my finger do to faulty equipment
kelly carter

Waxahachie, TX

#12 Feb 6, 2012
the only good thing about patterson is going home,i miss my wife,
cactus driller

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Feb 11, 2012
kenyon banks wrote:
I love to work for Patterson.they are the safest company I have ever worked for.
you are either a worm or have never worked any where else
caserlife

Elk City, OK

#14 Sep 14, 2012
Cactus sucks too
OILFIELD OUTLAW

Calgary, Canada

#17 Oct 14, 2012
SAFETY IS VERY IMPORTANT BUT I DOESNT JUST RELY ON WHO YOU WORK FOR BUT YOURSELF,OHH I LOST A FINGER!! MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE HAD YOUR FINGER THEIR TO START WITH? YOU HAVE TO RELY ON YOURSELF TO BE SAFE NOT OTHERS,TO LOSE A FAMILY MEMBER IS TERRIBLE AND SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN BUT FOR THOSE BLAMMING THE COMPANY SAYING IT SUCKS YOU CHOOSE TO WORK THERE GO APPLY AT WALLMART THIS IS THE OILFIELD AND A DANGEROUS JOB
TEX13

Enid, OK

#18 Dec 29, 2012
OILFIELD OUTLAW wrote:
SAFETY IS VERY IMPORTANT BUT I DOESNT JUST RELY ON WHO YOU WORK FOR BUT YOURSELF,OHH I LOST A FINGER!! MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE HAD YOUR FINGER THEIR TO START WITH? YOU HAVE TO RELY ON YOURSELF TO BE SAFE NOT OTHERS,TO LOSE A FAMILY MEMBER IS TERRIBLE AND SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN BUT FOR THOSE BLAMMING THE COMPANY SAYING IT SUCKS YOU CHOOSE TO WORK THERE GO APPLY AT WALLMART THIS IS THE OILFIELD AND A DANGEROUS JOB
amen!
down deep

United States

#19 Jan 1, 2013
Being a cowboy is a dangerous job
florida

Houston, TX

#20 Feb 11, 2013
sorry for the familys loss...as for patterson, it is the only oil company I have ever worked for I hadnt even see a oilrig before getting hired here so I am thankful to get an opportunity to enter the oilfield...these other guys who say patterson sucks and this and that they must have been born on a rig...at least patterson took a chance on me..I love my job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fracking water tanker wrecks historic Pa. bridge 36 min wow 3
FPL boosts electric bills although its fuel cos... (Feb '09) Tue Tor 136
Rosneft says discovers offshore Arctic oil join... Sep 28 Robert Burns 3
Power generating station beginning to take shape (Jan '08) Sep 24 Cancer cause in Town 115
Duke Energy joint venture part of $8 billion bi... Sep 23 Solarman 1
DOE Quadrennial Energy Review on State, Local a... Sep 15 john ford 1
Affidavits: 4 of 5 suspects confessed in case o... Sep 12 Larry Driscoll 2

Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE