Energy Revolution Reviving American D...

Energy Revolution Reviving American Dream

Posted in the Energy Forum

Tom Shepstone

Hazleton, PA

#1 Mar 7, 2014
[i][b]There is an energy revolution taking place in America due to shale gas and renewables. It can serve to revive the American Dream and it’s already doing so, but the challenge is overcoming a lack of appreciation for the industry driven by a lack of understanding.[/b][/i]

Last night, at Lackawanna College in Scranton, Pennsylvania, David Holt of the Consumer Energy Alliance and three other speakers delivered a powerful message about the need to engender more understanding of the energy industry. The speakers focused on a common theme; what the energy industry it’s doing for America already and what it can do, if we start making better connections between producers, consumers, suppliers and, above all, educators.

The event was the third in a series of educational events at Lackawanna College, all sponsored by Cabot Oil & Gas. It was titled “The Education of Shale” but the program was about energy (all of it, not just shale gas), why the energy revolution is so poorly appreciated and what to do about that to help Americans understand the tremendous advantages and opportunities in front of them.

David Holt is President of the Consumers Energy Alliance (CEA) and spoke first. CEA prides itself on being “the voice of the energy consumer.” it works from a membership base that includes energy consumers ranging from airlines to steel and everything between. There are consumer members from agribusiness, manufacturing, restaurant and trucking industries, not to mention 400,000 individuals. Academia is also involved along with energy producers from biofuels, electric, gas, nuclear, oil, solar, wind and other sectors. The mission of the group is to promote affordable and reliable energy development across all sectors by encouraging dialogue among them and with consumers and educators.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sunshine List gives Doug Ford election year amm... 5 hr some double hatters 1
News El Paso Electric expands community solar program Thu SUNNY FARTS 2
News Former Kansas congressman Pompeo to replace... Mar 16 Dig Gravers 29
News Inside The Herald - If a community is only wort... (Jan '08) Mar 16 Cross Country che... 60
News Trump fires top diplomat Tillerson after clashe... Mar 15 BLTillerson 9
News Donald Trump hired and fired Rex Tillerson for ... Mar 13 FART EMPLOYMENT 5
News Power generating station beginning to take shape (Jan '08) Mar 11 Power Halton sile... 137