Mystery Smell Blows Into Stockton

Oct 18, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TheKCRAchannel.com

There was a mystery smell floating around Stockton's Weston Ranch neighborhood Friday night.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated May 29, 2014
karen

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

Judged:

this smell of natural gas is not just in western ranch it is in west stockton as well. It woke me up again this morning! I am getting sick of this smell. What is PG&E doing about it?
I pay alot of money to them and I keep things green! It seems to me that there green is not working for them and I will be the one that has to pay in the long run!
Robert

Manteca, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

It's not just Weston ranch or West stockton, It's also northern stockton. Lets just put it this way. It's all over the place.
frank miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Well odorless natural gas {methane CH4} has a foul smelling organic sulfide mercaptan added to it
so leaks in the home/outdoors can be safely detected, and reported! My God just call the local Gas company, and they will respond immediately, the same way they will come to your home, and start-up your fireplace/water heater pilot-light!
In a rural area such as Stockton the smell could also come from manure, spread as a fertilizer!
F.M.

Since: May 09

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Hi Karen, Robert and Frank,

I never gave it much thought but my Mom says, by side of the yard is a sewer smell. It's not all the time but she has asked neighbors and they told her sewer??

Thanks, for posting I'll tell her, let's call PGE to make sure it's not something else.
frank miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Thnk you, you are welcome 'osarah Stockton, CA #4'! We have the same smell problem in Malibu CA, whence an integrated subterranean sewer system,
{my God even the early Romans, and Greeks BC had
them!} has never been installed, favoring a chemically treated daily emptied porta-potty
process, often leakage vented to atmosphere, by pumps in large condo appartments complexes!
F.M.
milton

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

wow
Caty

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Just moved to Stockton almost two yrs. ago and this is the first time it smelled like dead animal in the air. Its horrible!
mr nosey

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

I live close to Dameron hospital ..and this smell raided my house!! Had to close to windows what is it??
Caty wrote:
Just moved to Stockton almost two yrs. ago and this is the first time it smelled like dead animal in the air. Its horrible!
Ysidro

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

the smell is almost of dead carcass, I live near the smilth canal and main channel close to golf course... it is putrid and awful smelling right now. how do we file complaints...
Elle Jay

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Terrible smell permeating the air outside here in midtown Stockton. Distinctly heavy and sweet, different from a sewage odor, more akin to rotten corpse. I was disturbed from my rest smelling a foul odor in my home. I got up to inspect and realized it was in fact blowing in the open windows from outdoors.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••