McHewel is planning to build over 50 budget hotels across in Canada
Posted in the Energy Forum
#1 Nov 18, 2012
McHewel is planning to build over 50 budget hotels across in Canada, fully on energy self-sufficiency.
McHewel Investment Group joint with IKEA are planning to put into operation new project to build 150 new budget hotels with 90% using of new sources of alternative energy in Canada at the beginning of 2014.
The company, which developed the zero-energy building Green Hotels is a building from McHewel, fully on energy self-sufficiency.
McHewel Investment Group joint with Ikea are planning to put into operation new project to build 150 new budget hotels with 90% using of new sources of alternative energy in Canada at the beginning of 2014.
Ikea, the secretive but hugely successful budget furniture retailer, is looking to build and develop at least 100 budget hotels across Europe in its latest push into the property market.
Inter Ikea, the company that owns the intellectual property rights of Ikea which were last week revealed to be valued at 9bn by the company is considering sites across Europe for what it calls budget design hotels.
The hotels will not use the Ikea name and will not be run by the Swedish company but by an established hotel operator, according to an executive familiar with the plans.
The company, which developed the zero-energy building Green Hotel, has been strengthening research and development efforts, as well as securing a pool of experts. Green Hotel contains 46 eco-friendly technologies, allowing the building to cut energy use and use renewable energy sources.
The house features 68 energy-saving or energy-generating systems that collectively enable the house to function without using any grid electricity or any other fuel source.
The company states that the Green Hotel features systems that reduce energy usage by up to 63%, and the remaining 37% of the energy comes from 154 solar panels installed on the roof that generate 32MWh of electricity annually. In addition to energy-generating capabilities, the house features a number of energy-saving systems that include three-layer windows, heat-insulating boards and energy-efficient lighting systems.
Samsung C&T will oversee the project, drawing on its expertise acquired from operating Green Hotel. Samsung Electronics will be in charge of the heat, ventilation and air conditioning system, as well as efficiently controlling energy. Samsung LED will seek to provide smart solutions to lighting controls including the use of high-efficient, environment-friendly LED lighting.
Ikea is also considering building student residences across the continent as it looks for ways to put its cash into long-term businesses in an attempt to earn a good return.
Inter Ikea hopes to build the hotels in markets where it is already active in property, such as the UK, Netherlands and Poland, as well as new markets such as Germany.
McHewel Comapny is collaborating with include Canada Design Research Network in the field of eco-friendly design, Finlands VTT Technical Research Center in air quality
Green Hotel represents more than a simple exhibition of future technologies, according to Mr. Shin. Its rather an "evolving building," where researchers constantly study and upgrade technologies to help Samsung realize its goal of introducing in markets zero-energy housing complexes in 2013 and zero-energy commercial buildings in 2015.
Representatives of McHewel said the cost of building a Green Hotel unit costs between $2,200 to $2,800 per 1 square meters, which is around twice the average cost of building a conventional house, but the company said it expects that price to drop to about 30% of the house construction price by 2015
Chris Reynold, Vice-President of McHewel Investment Group, informed that the Company has already invested about 850 million for purchasing of new areas for building. At the moment negotiations about purchasing of new areas in Vancouver are carry on.
Add your comments below
|Violence follows California Trump rally, about ...||9 hr||USAsince1680||1,052|
|Power generating station beginning to take shape (Jan '08)||Thu||how things get OK...||119|
|TranCanada donates $200K to rink expansion project (Nov '12)||Thu||how things get OK...||8|
|NextEra Hawaiian Electric Pursuit Dims as Oncor...||Wed||Solarman||1|
|Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq... (Mar '13)||May 24||Oil Barron||51|
|Nebraska utility head recommends closing nuclea...||May 23||Dr Abe Slocumvitch||4|
|Xcel hopes more customers will turn to Savers S... (Jul '08)||May 23||qwerty||23|
Find what you want!
Search Energy Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC