FCC orders 2M people to power down cell phone signal boosters

Feb 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ars Technica

The Federal Communications Commission today enacted a set of rules governing the sale and deployment of wireless signal boosters, devices consumers use to improve cell phone signals.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Feb 21, 2013
Wi-Ex Response

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Feb 21, 2013
No, you do not have to shut down your zBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster! I am a spokesperson for Wi-Ex, a leading provider of cell phone signal boosters. In regards to the powering down your current zBoost please note:
1. Our Boosters do not interfere with the wireless providers network -- continue using them and look for the notice they will send you regarding registration of the product with them.
2. No, you do not have to power down the zBoost consumer products. We applaud the FCC rules that created technical specifications for boosters so that they do not interfere with the provider network. Our products have always been designed that when properly installed, do not interfere with the provider network. Continue using them and look for the notice they will send you regarding registration of the product with them.

We see the FCC Report and Order “Improving Wireless Coverage for Consumers through the Use of Signal Boosters” which adopted stringent technical standards for cellular signal boosters as an endorsement of the growing need for boosters. Most of the procedural and technical rules adopted for consumer signal boosters are based on a Joint Proposal, agreed to by several signal booster manufacturers including Wi-Ex, nationwide wireless service providers including AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile and Sprint, and over 90 small, rural, wireless service providers.

To see our full response to the FCC Report and Order visit our website:
http://www.wi-ex.com/PDF/Wi-Ex2013FCCFebruary...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emerging Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Writing About Writing About Michael Jackson 9 hr goodvibrations 13
Look Who Got Busted: How To Remove Your Mug Sho... (May '11) 14 hr freida kay castillo 135
Digital Publishing: Getting Noticed Through SEO (Sep '13) Aug 19 kimmy02 3
Perry Drops 'Vulture Capitalism' from Speech (Jan '12) Aug 18 Swedenforever 13
Raleigh Web Design Agency Launches New Website ... Aug 14 Mikes 2
Russia Bans Anonymous Public Wi-Fi Aug 10 Fascist Russia 1
Chinese Man Sues Over Gay Conversion Therapy Jul 31 WasteWater 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Emerging Technology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••