Topix.net Weblog: LAist interviews Topix

There are 5 comments on the blog.topix.com story from Apr 10, 2009, titled Topix.net Weblog: LAist interviews Topix. In it, blog.topix.com reports that:

Mark Dienger , roving reporter for the LAist interviewed my at the Web 2.0 show, and I think he teased out a pretty good overview of Topix, the opportunity for local content and advertising as well as my take on LA vs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blog.topix.com.

appears on

Guangzhou, China

#1 Apr 13, 2009
Comments
Joe

Swedesboro, NJ

#2 Apr 15, 2009
This allows people to write slanderous comments and makes no attempt to contact you back when you write and ask for help clearing the crap they permit off. I have contact Topix almost a dozen times with no response. The mis information they are allowing in thier comments boxes are costing people jobs, and ruining thier lives. This company should be resposnible enough to asnswer the e-mails and request they are sent. If someone has to pay $19.95 just to get a false comment looked at and removed, then why aren't people charge to make the comments in the first place. I mean step up and answer your emails TOPIX.

“CEO”

Since: Dec 05

San Francisco

#4 Apr 28, 2009
We get thousands of emails a day -- and we end up taking down or revising hundreds of comments that violate our terms of service.

However, we rarely directly respond back to people, since there is a slew of "he said, she said" kind of back and forth.

Everybody likes to read local gossip until their name is in the mix.
progressive

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Sep 16, 2012
tolles wrote:
We get thousands of emails a day -- and we end up taking down or revising hundreds of comments that violate our terms of service.
However, we rarely directly respond back to people, since there is a slew of "he said, she said" kind of back and forth.
Everybody likes to read local gossip until their name is in the mix.
Where have you been?
Black Knight X

Cedartown, GA

#6 Sep 16, 2012
Probably looking for a job.He cant handle this one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emerging Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Googling on mobile devices surpasses PCs in US ... 3 hr Harry 1
News And the Most Racist Place in America Is ... Clo... May 3 Go Blue Forever 27
News Study shows where the most racist Google search... May 3 Sunshine 4
News The most racist places in America, according to... Apr 30 tom wingo 23
News Blekko Shuts Down, Becomes Part Of IBM Watson Apr 29 Sam 1
News Google and Facebook help locate Nepal survivors Apr 27 4500 gone 1
News High Courts To Consider Lawsuits Over Personal ... Apr 27 goonsquad 1
More from around the web