Rat out bad neighbors with click of a mouse

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Annoying neighbors, beware: You may be known as the jerk next door. What was once over-the-fence gossip is showing up on a Web site that lets residents in Central Florida and nationwide vent about their nasty ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 47 Comments Last updated Sep 2, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sunnydaze

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Does rottenneighbor allow for other languages than English so the neighbors we are speaking of understand? I hope so.
Adios
Fred

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Another website for the anal retentive.
Just the Facts

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

This could cause the at-fault neighbor to become even worse (piling up even more trash, playing loud music louder and longer, etc.) However, my biggest concern is that this could send the at-fault neighbor into a fury and that person could end up going on a shooting spree and killing the neighbors he suspected posted bad things about him. This could really bring back feuding.
Holy S

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

The site sucks! Its all ads about real estate forclosures and Russian brides. I couldnt access anything mentioned in the article.
BEM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

When you speak lies about someone it's slander, when you write untruths it's libel. Both are illegal, but let's report on it anyway. If you are in a bad mood, let's libel the neighbor on the internet since she won't let my dog use her yard as a toilet.

Since: Nov 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Holy S wrote:
The site sucks! Its all ads about real estate forclosures and Russian brides. I couldnt access anything mentioned in the article.
Then you entered the URL of the website wrong...

There weren't any Russian Brides or "forclosures" (sp) mentioned.

I suggest you check the spelling you used when to attempted to access the web site.
Angelina

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

I think it has merits but it also has potential for generating an "internet war" back and forth. One of the biggest problems we have today is the unresponsiveness of the City and County zoning enforcement people. Violators know exactly how unresponsive and slow things proceed with enforcement and they play the laws like a fine fiddle. They promise to comply, wait till the last day and apply and receive extensions to comply and on and on it goes for years sometimes. Fines are levied but never collected. We have properties that have more fines than they are worth and which will never be collected or foreclosed on and the owners just laugh at the authorities who are basically impotent and useless. Violators know City and County enforcement is a huge joke.
Chauncey

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Your best bet is to get some muscle and go over and just beat the merde out of some of these jerks because like the previous poster said, you won't get any satisfaction out of reporting code violations or calling the cops. Most of these creeps are renters with slum landlords who could care less. Calling the landlords get you cursed at and insulted and called names. The only thing a lot of these kids understand is broken bones and promises to be floaters in the swamp if they don't quit and / or pack up and leave. Sorry to say, but citizen vigilantes are having to be the answer increasingly because the authorities themselves in too many cases are PR jerks and ciminals themselvs. Sometimes, like it or not, maybe it takes burning out a rat pack to get them gone.
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Well, not everything here could be factual information, yet its fun in a way that reading www.perezhilton.com is fun.
Renee

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

So this is what we've become? I'd have to think that the people who write derogatory statements about their neighbors are on the same low level as the website developers....and the people who would visit it.
Earthling

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

When you move somewhere, it is always nice to talk to your future neighbors. Knock on the doors and say, "hi, i'm thinking of moving in, what is your expression of this neighborhood?" if the neighbor is all moody at 3 in the afternoon, you already know its not going to be nice.

For example, i have two dogs and two cats, the people who are renting next door to me, dont like my barking dogs and my napping cats..so what? they should have checked out the neighborhood first and/or the landlord should have mentioned the animals to them. Although I have a petition from all of my nice neighbors that if someone in their home hurts any animals in our neighborhood, they HAVE to move out.

simple.
Andrew the Hated

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

I love the new morality:

Hate thy neighbor and love thyself.

...best country in the world, huh?
burr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Where can I go to report bad newspapers?
Fantasyland

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Looking for Utopia. Home Values, petty dislikes for people that have nothing else to do. Live and Let live and STFU. GD; I am so sick of people wanting everything to be just so so perfect. Some of by best memories are from the dynamic neighbors I had when I was young. You knuckleheads want everyone to act the same - PERFECT.
Donna U

Satellite Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

WHAT A GREAT IDEA! WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF IT FIRST! NOW WE ARE NO LONGER GOING BLINDLY INTO THE DARK, BUT ARE ARMED WITH VITAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SAFETY IN A NEIGHBORHOOD WHERE SOME OF US HAVE CHILDREN PLAYING.
BRING IT ON.
CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED.
darwin

Hilton Head Island, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

that site was a stupid google map mashup and it's slow as dirt. don't waste your time folks.
Allison

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

BEM wrote:
When you speak lies about someone it's slander, when you write untruths it's libel. Both are illegal, but let's report on it anyway. If you are in a bad mood, let's libel the neighbor on the internet since she won't let my dog use her yard as a toilet.
It's pretty obvious this site and its comments are OPINIONS. Opinions are protected from slander and libel...you can't sue someone for having a nasty opinion of you, even if they do tell the world about it.
Jim

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

This is in the sites own words an "adult " site. Minors are not allowed on. Yet there are no protective measures to control this, other than to put it the terms and conditions. This is irresponsible of the site owners.
Jason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

It's a good site. I think this can be pretty helpful if you are looking to buy a new home.
Iso

Holtwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Jim wrote:
This is in the sites own words an "adult " site. Minors are not allowed on. Yet there are no protective measures to control this, other than to put it the terms and conditions. This is irresponsible of the site owners.
Why don't you take responsibility for your own "minors" instead of wanting the rest of the world to do it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••