Merger Makes WiFiRV the Only RV-Indus...

Merger Makes WiFiRV the Only RV-Industry Wireless Provider that...

There are 15 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 3, 2010, titled Merger Makes WiFiRV the Only RV-Industry Wireless Provider that.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Westport, CT February 3, 2010 -- WiFiRV, an 8-year-old wireless Internet service provider , announces it's the only RV-industry WiFi provider still on the market that pays RV resort, park, and campground owners for right of property access.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

B Freeman

Wethersfield, CT

#1 Feb 3, 2010
About time a company stood up and helped as the industry providers out there now are horrible.
RV Traveler

Salisbury, NC

#2 Jun 5, 2010
WIFIRV Is a big joke, the service they provide is unreliable at best and customer service is a total farce, have tried their service at 3 different location and the signal was very weak and NO customer service. Is a total waste of time and money.

#3 Jun 14, 2010
Yes, A big joke.I signed up and could not get on. Called the 877 number about 12 times and left messages. They never got back to me. Meanwhile they already charged my account.
Works for me

Wethersfield, CT

#4 Jun 15, 2010
Been using service for years everywhere I travel and never not received a return call. Support techs all speak Enhlish well and price is great. Heard complaints from fellow travelers but when it comes down to it often WiFiRV isn't at fault so be sure you question your setup first before contacting them.
WiFiRV Scam

New Bern, NC

#5 Jul 29, 2010
Not only did I sign up for one week of WiFiRV service (like a fool), I was only able to use it for one day as the service just stopped working and I was left with a perpetual "site is initializing, please try again later" message. I tried the customer service number twice (within 15 minutes) and requested to be refunded my money (since they took that out of my account right away) or be given a three day extension of service for the days that we could not access the internet through WiFiRV's service. Someone did return my call within the next 30 minutes from a "Private" number and gave me a lengthy explanation as to why the campground owners should refund the money that WiFiRV charged me and that there was an "outage" at my campground due to issues with payments not being made by the campground owners. What disturbed me (more than the fact that this company was telling me about the supposed legal situation they were in with the campground owners) was that I had service when I initially paid, only for it to fail a day later - if the campground had not paid and was not receiving internet service from tihs company, than how did I have it in the first place and why in the world did they take my money? I feel as if I have been taken advantage of and I was even told by WiFiRV's representative (who had a yelling child in the background - this is obviously a professional group of techs) that he was only providing me with a "courtesy" return call. I thank those who posted the TRUTH on this website and find it very strange that the two positive comments are BOTH from East Haven, CT. As far as I know, this WiFiRV company (if it even is more than a one-man show) is located in CT. I encourage RV park owners to research what type of company they sign a contract with to bring RV service into their park. I am disturbed at the thought that numerous campgrounds now offer this service and there are, potentially, many many people dealing with this nonsense each day from WiFiRV. I will never use this service again. Had I spoken to fellow campers before paying, I would NEVER have used their service. I have heard nothing but negative comments within multiple states. Hopefully campgrounds can suffer through the problems with WiFiRV until their contracts expire. I have been scammed by WiFiRV. It's not about the money, it's the principal.
Malcom Arizona

Avon, NC

#6 Aug 4, 2010
This company should be avoided at all costs. They are able to take the money but not able or willing to provide the service paid for. They advertise 24 hour customer service and all that works in that department is the answering machine. I read an article written by them that stated 450 employees, if that were true they would have some one to answer the phone or at least return calls. I have spoken with two other guests here that have also been scammed. We will contact our credit card companies for a refund. Campground has offer our money back if the CC Co. falls Thur but after hearing the HELL they have gone thru with this so called co. I will not take their money. They are doing all they can to get out of the contract. They explained how this co. was taking Parks all over the country for a ride. They have taken the parks website hostage and it is suspended. I saw the proof and the park has nothing to deserve this.
A word of CAUTION to RV Parks and campgrounds DO YOUR HOME WORK before signing on with WIFI, get your own, it is not that hard to do.

Alamogordo, NM

#7 Sep 17, 2010
Well said. This company is a complete joke. Avoid at ALL cost! You will regret it otherwise.

Since: Jul 10

Washington, DC

#8 Oct 8, 2010
I had a similar bad experience as so many others who posted here. I am posting comments I have received from a rep basically telling me I have no recourse. There terms are not clear. I have never seen anything suggesting a cap on bandwidth. My usage was very low. Only got on to check my yahoo email. By the way everyone at this location was complaining. Anyway here is the comments from WiFiRV:

Our terms are clear, you accepted them upon signup, and each and every time you signed into the network. The decision is final on our end and your account is open and available for you until the term ends, just as you’ve requested.

As you know, you must tell us within 48 hours if there is a problem with the service. The fact that you keep using it, likely are using it to send this email to us, and will probably continue to use it is not a good indication that we’ve not done as requested. If anything our logs show extensive use of the network on your end. A refund request for a valid reason on our services not being delivered as requested must happen within the first 48 hours. The reasons you’ve given aren’t valid and we’ve provided service as we’ve been requested.

In addition, just so you know, if you terminate service prior to the end of the term, as you are asking us to do, there is a cancellation fee and prorated use doesn’t work the way you are suggesting. It’s not prorated on the term length but on what the time and data could have been sold for to other customers who have been denied service because of your economical plan. Long term customers like you get a discount due to the commitment which keeps us from being able to sell to short term customers at a higher rate. I you get the bank involved we’ll prorate your services to date based on short term costs that we’ve lost, not based on long term plans like you’ve purchased as those are rare at this property.

Lastly, any charges we incur for a chargeback will become yours as that too is part of our terms and conditions. This means that you’ll end up paying us a lot more than you have already paid, be suspended from access not and in the future for violating our terms and conditions, and the bank will resolve the dispute in our favor due to your extensive use of the network. We know, it won’t be the first time that customer support has seen this sort of situation happen!

If I were you I’d wait until the new pricing plans come out, upgrade service to get a faster connection or higher daily limit. I’m not sure what it is that you want or what you believe is the reason for the lack of service delivered but it looks to us based on your use you’re using the service plenty. In some way you must want to use it more.

Tanya Worren
Customer Support Department
877 WiFi LAND Ext. 1
Free to be...

and for another email:

Termination of a service plan is always an option but for reason of speed or dropped connections outside the first 48 hours it’s not likely to be well received. An early termination fee and prorated use charge will likely be incurred and on long term plans where we’ve allocated bandwidth in advance and taken from others who could have used it I don’t think the decision would be a wise financial one to make.

Let us know if this is still your decision and we’ll open a ticket and escalate for accounting to review.

NOTE – nobody is complaining at this location about speed or dropped connections. Are you sure it’s not something specific to your computer or location in the property?

Tanya Worren
Customer Support Department
877 WiFi LAND Ext. 1
Free to be...
Buyer Beware

New Bern, NC

#9 Oct 9, 2010
Parks Owners PLEASE Beware and DO NOT sign a contract for WIFI. Install your own. Certain Companies (con Artists) will hook you, promise the world and then provide lousy service or no service at all, when you do all you can to get the WIFI fixed with no success and finally call someone else to provide Internet for your guest "YOU WILL BE SUED for breach of contract" Post # 8 shows how the blame is always put on the customer. I doubt there is any one that would recommend getting involved. Note to campers who visit parks that have lousy WIFI service Provided by others, KNOW THIS It is not their fault. They most likely signed up for something they felt would be good for you and it has turned in to HELL for them. Pass the word it might help save good decent hard working people from a nightmare. People that run scams need to be stopped.

Previous posters,who know the truth,for a good laugh read this. Copy and paste link.

Albany, OR

#10 Nov 23, 2010
if and when a business cracks the code on WIFI for the RV campground owner, let me know. I currently use Tengo Internet and the stories read the same. This is all too disappointing.
Campground Owner

United States

#11 Mar 23, 2011
I couldn't agree more with the comments listed above. I'm a park owner who is currently being sued for breach of contract by WiFiRV. My only recourse for a non-functioning system was to withhold payment on an outstanding invoice, which was the trigger for them to sue me.

RV Park owners, stay away.
Have Information

Avon, NC

#13 Jun 21, 2013
Campground Owner wrote:
I couldn't agree more with the comments listed above. I'm a park owner who is currently being sued for breach of contract by WiFiRV. My only recourse for a non-functioning system was to withhold payment on an outstanding invoice, which was the trigger for them to sue me.
RV Park owners, stay away.
How can I contact you..........
Have Information

Avon, NC

#14 Jun 21, 2013
How can I contact you

Johnston, RI

#15 Feb 23, 2015
B Freeman wrote:
About time a company stood up and helped as the industry providers out there now are horrible.
B Freeman works for Wifirv ....Right?

Buxton, NC

#16 Jul 31, 2015
WiFinuts wrote:
<quoted text>
B Freeman works for Wifirv ....Right?
Ya AKA John Borg, it is now History, gone, out of business. You can only Scam people so many times. He tried to hurt people and it back fired, All the campgrounds are still standing and WIFI RV is gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emerging Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deming Truck Terminal re-opened (Jun '10) Nov 10 Shaminder singh 28
News Google to give away software to Microsoft Offic... Nov 10 marko 2
News Google honours Hedy Lamarr, inventor of technol... Nov 9 Linda 1
News Anti-Vaccination Websites Use 'Science' and Sto... Nov 4 ProVac Propaganda 1
News Perry Drops 'Vulture Capitalism' from Speech (Jan '12) Nov 3 American confusion 21
News How to Get a Job as an SEO Expert (Nov '14) Oct '15 HippoAttacks 3
News Social and SEO Work Better Together (Mar '15) Oct '15 HippoAttacks 3
More from around the web